Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

View Poll Results: What do you think about the dutch anti-koran movie?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent. Movie should be released, freedom of speech!

    58 52.73%
  • The movie should not be released, it will cause too much violence.

    44 40.00%
  • The creator of this movie should be killed because he insults islam.

    8 7.27%
Page 1 of 30 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 446

Thread: Dutch anti-islam movie: good or bad?

  1. #1
    2030's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    10-05-2013 @ 22:59 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    9,667
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked 97x in 84 Posts
    Mayotte

    Dutch anti-islam movie: good or bad?

    UPDATE: Movie is online
    View: http://www.whoozz.com/Video/video.aspx?vid=20246
    Or: http://rapidshare.com/files/102841152/Fitna.avi

    __________________________________________________ __
    Not sure if you have heard about this in the rest of the world, but one of our members of parliament (Geert Wilders) is making an anti-koran movie (or quran, however you spell it).
    The taliban is threatening us with attacks, some islamic countries are threatening with very serious consequences etc. And ofcourse the usual deaththreats from al quaeda. In Pakisten they even blocked youtube for it. Oh well.

    But nobody has even seen the movie yet since its not finished
    It is feared that the release of the movie in the coming weeks will cause alot of violence and possible world war 3.

    What do you think about this? Vote in the poll and leave a reply with your view on this all
    Last edited by 2030; 03-27-2008 at 23:12 PM.

  2. #2
    Seb Astían's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    01-31-2012 @ 18:42 PM
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Posts
    3,658
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2x in 2 Posts
    Sweden
    I voted for the second alterative. I think it's stupid to make a movie like this, I would even say racistic. I don't get the point of a movie like this. Off course there is freedom of speech but everyone knows a video like this will upset a lot of people and that Al Quaeda will make more deaththreats and maybe some devestating terror attacks. This could end up in serious conflicts since the islamic countries are going to be VERY upset if this movie is released.




    In Trance We Trust

  3. #3
    2030's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    10-05-2013 @ 22:59 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    9,667
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked 97x in 84 Posts
    Mayotte
    Hmm a very simple question then:

    If you say a man is violent, and the man reacts violently, did you insult him?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    01-05-2017 @ 09:56 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts
    Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by 2030
    Hmm a very simple question then:

    If you say a man is violent, and the man reacts violently, did you insult him?
    What are you sayng that all muslim are violent? So just because some retarded muslim fantaics are acting like idiots that means all muslim are the same? Then I guess you're no better then them. And since I know this quiestion will come up, no, I'm not muslim.

    Now, I'm all for freedom of speech and the writen word if there is a purpose behind it. However, if you're doing it just to start some shit then you deserve to get a beat down.

    So my question is; what is the purpose of this film?
    Last edited by SkooB_E; 02-29-2008 at 20:49 PM.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Online
    03-01-2014 @ 15:38 PM
    Location
    Eindhoven, NL
    Gender
    Posts
    487
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts
    Netherlands
    As the first Dutch response I hope to make the general view of most Dutch people clear. We are not intolerant at all. A substantial part of our population exists of foreigners. The INTERNAL problem in the Netherlands is that for years people have frowned upon them because a lot were either incapable, too lazy for it(excellent social system) or for whatever other reason.

    These people congregated in the less expensive neighbourhoods and more or less replaced the Dutch lower class in them. The shit in these places is still more or less the same.

    In the last decade the unrest about these situations has been increased by various factors. One of them is the educational system that has been more or less destroyed by our 90's government. Especially that for less smart people, called VMBO, hs become dull, uninspiring etcetera. This sparked the drug industry and also made a lot of youths that couldn't get along drop out. These youths of general Muslim backgrounds(latest wave of immigrants to our nation) hang around on the streets and commit many crimes. The "gangster = cool" thing of the last decade didn't help much either. However Dtch kids did exactly the same (I speak of experience as a former criminal and drug addict).

    The Dutch people detested these persons and when the politician called Pim Fortuyn said something sensible about them he got a lot of supporters in the Dutch (lower) class. He was murdererd a week before elections, by an environmentalist. This only sparked the brewing unrest more. IMO Fortuyn was a awkward guy, but had some good idea's. Not all though. Atleast he came with radical, but working solutions. The city I study in(Rotterdam) has really been shaken alive again by him and his party. The last 5 years it has really improved A LOT !

    Anyway. Mr. Wilders stood up as a very radical right-wing politician in recent years. Especially the lower class agrees with him, however majority of Dutch people ridicule him. His talks have however deepened the hate of most part of the immigrant population.

    They feel heavily discriminated upon and offcourse hate Mr. Wilders. Especially immigrant youths start to get more and more radical against Dutch people, simply because we are white and native. The wound is only widening instead of closing.

    I myself have been beaten and left unconscious on the streets for 9 hours. Had to go into hospital to come out four days later. All that by a group(14 arrested) of immigrant youths last summer. Why ? Because they were high or something and had a problem with Dutch people. You can imagine it is VERY hard to stay neutral and not blame it on an entire group, especially with all the media attention of recent.

    Most importantly to note is though that Mr. Wilders is frowned upon by every thinking person here. He is hardly taken seriously and is only uselessly insulting people. Atleast Mr. Fortuyn had some constructive idea's, something that I've never heard from Mr. Wilders.

    I know the Muslim countries will set an example of this. They probably will organise riots etcetera to test their influence on Europe. I do hope though that I will not be involved personally again, as do most Dutchies.

  6. #6
    Sjagga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    08-22-2015 @ 15:36 PM
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Posts
    4,360
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 42x in 24 Posts
    Netherlands
    Excellent and insightful reply Drakkie.

    And well, Wilders himself of course knows damn well that he would cause this kind of reactions, but that probably is exactly what he wants. I can actually see him say 'there is no movie, but i made my point' someday soon.
    Of course i feel he should have never made this movie or said he would in the first place, but it is ofcourse also pretty damn unsettling that something like this causes such a reaction :/
    If everyone would just stop for a bit and think about what would be best for everyone this world would be a lot better.
    Hmmm....

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    01-15-2012 @ 23:35 PM
    Location
    North-Holland
    Gender
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts
    Netherlands
    Ah well, I don't have a problem with it. It is his freedom to make te movie and he is responsible for his actions. No one has seen the movie yet so we can't really judge it.
    The movie is about the violence in the koran and some other things, but the reactions to the movie can be violent so he would have his point in some way.

    Well, maybe there sould also be an anti-bible movie. Most religions are based upon each other. I dislike religions anyway, people are lead to much by religions and it causes a lot of trouble.
    We are all humans in the end....

  8. #8
    2030's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    10-05-2013 @ 22:59 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    9,667
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked 97x in 84 Posts
    Mayotte
    Quote Originally Posted by SkooB_E
    What are you sayng that all muslim are violent? So just because some retarded muslim fantaics are acting like idiots that means all muslim are the same? Then I guess you're no better then them. And since I know this quiestion will come up, no, I'm not muslim.
    Thats not what i wrote. It would be nice if ppl were actually able to stay calm thru such a discussion

    Now, I'm all for freedom of speech and the writen word if there is a purpose behind it. However, if you're doing it just to start some shit then you deserve to get a beat down.

    So my question is; what is the purpose of this film?
    The purpose of this film from Wilders point of view i think, is to expose the koran as a source of violence and islam incapable of dealing with criticism. Or at least criticize it in some way. However politically incorrect that is. And if this movie does result in violence, can you honestly call it an insulting movie? This is why i asked the question earlier: if you call a violent man violent, is it an insult?

    The purpose of this could be to moderate islam, while it may at first seem to aim for the opposite. How do you think christianity became moderate? Because we told them that violence is ok when we criticize them ("However, if you're doing it just to start some shit then you deserve to get a beat down.") ? Or because they were continuously confronted?

    Criticizing a belief or certain values is not the same as criticizing an entire group either. When you criticize communism, youre not a racist right? Even tho you are speaking about hundreds of millions of ppl...

    In that sense i disagree with Drakkie. Wilders never lowered himself to generalizing all muslims. Alot of ppl confuse criticism on islam with saying something about the entire group. The opinions on Wilders are that either you hate him, or you love him, and unfortunately the haters only call him a racist.

    Currently in Holland it is impossible to do movies, books, art or anything about islam, even bring up the subject as a politician. You have to fear for your life and someone was even ritually slaughtered here for just that. Dont you find that shocking? Do you think he deserved what he got? And how do you suggest to improve this situation? By telling muslims that its all our fault... we shouldnt be making movies?

    No, what at first seems the most reasonable thing to do, to not provoke things, is the worst solution. It is discriminative, because we dont do the same to other religions or even atheists. We provoke them all, and we dont expect to be killed for it. All should be treated equally right?
    Last edited by 2030; 02-29-2008 at 23:36 PM.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Online
    09-23-2011 @ 19:18 PM
    Location
    United States
    Gender
    Posts
    10,917
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2x in 2 Posts
    United States
    let it be seen. freedom to everyone. it would expose what religion really does to a person...
    red dead redemption -- > click

  10. #10
    Sjagga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    08-22-2015 @ 15:36 PM
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Posts
    4,360
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 42x in 24 Posts
    Netherlands
    Showing a movie like this, or even talking about it the way it's done now won't solve anything at all.. It's only making things worse. And yes it should be possible to do so without the kind of reactions and threats that it's provoking, but it just isn't.
    People need to be looking for a different solution, though i fear there's not much that can be done anymore. Actually people need to chill the hell down and not take everything so seriously and personally
    Hmmm....

  11. #11
    AustralianGQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    12-01-2019 @ 16:03 PM
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Posts
    3,440
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 149x in 112 Posts
    Canada
    simply breathing pisses muslims off LOL,

    so a movie like this deffinately will piss them off even more, they will riot and cause violence, further proving that muslims are nutjobs and exteremists and that islam is just another goofy religion like scientology.

    it should be released, freedom of speech and hey, i dont like religion anyways. religion is evil, especially islam, so im all for the dutch bashing on islam.


  12. #12
    Lo_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    03-12-2011 @ 17:26 PM
    Location
    Grenoble
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Posts
    2,361
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    France
    The movie should not be released, it will cause too much violence.

    In past, there were already problems example: the caricature of the prophet Mahomet
    why still to create problems?

    This kind of subject are always very hard to be relevant or true ...
    pity !




  13. #13
    Seb Astían's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    01-31-2012 @ 18:42 PM
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Posts
    3,658
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2x in 2 Posts
    Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by 2030
    No, what at first seems the most reasonable thing to do, to not provoke things, is the worst solution. It is discriminative, because we dont do the same to other religions or even atheists. We provoke them all, and we dont expect to be killed for it. All should be treated equally right?
    I thinks it's stupid that we can't provoke a certain religion without fearing for our lives, I really do. I think everyone should be treated equally but if we know there is a very big risk that it will cause a lot of violence by releasing the movie, the why do it? It would just be plain stupid. I think everyone should live in peace with each other and if to not provoke one religion is a key to get rid of violence, then we shouldn't provoke. We should be able to speak our mind, but not in a provoking way.




    In Trance We Trust

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    01-05-2017 @ 09:56 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts
    Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by 2030
    Thats not what i wrote. It would be nice if ppl were actually able to stay calm thru such a discussion
    Didn't mean to bitch, but that kind of thing most often comes from people with heavy double standard, which often makes this kind of discussion go the wrong way. Now I'm not saying you're like that so I appologize if that came out wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2030
    The purpose of this film from Wilders point of view i think, is to expose the koran as a source of violence and islam incapable of dealing with criticism. Or at least criticize it in some way. However politically incorrect that is. And if this movie does result in violence, can you honestly call it an insulting movie? This is why i asked the question earlier: if you call a violent man violent, is it an insult?
    That's just my point. If he only aims to point out the violent parts of the koran he is going for controversy on purpose which is hardly obejctive, and that's what I think is wrong.

    How about the rest of the koran that has nothing to do with war and hate? Why not bring that up? Or what about the bible that is just as violent as the koran in many ways, just look back at the crusades?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2030
    In that sense i disagree with Drakkie. Wilders never lowered himself to generalizing all muslims. Alot of ppl confuse criticism on islam with saying something about the entire group. The opinions on Wilders are that either you hate him, or you love him, and unfortunately the haters only call him a racist.
    Of course people feel that he's attacking islam as a whole when he goes for the book that is the verry foundation of their religion. What it seems he should really be doing is to aim for the people that are casuing all of this.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2030
    Currently in Holland it is impossible to do movies, books, art or anything about islam, even bring up the subject as a politician. You have to fear for your life and someone was even ritually slaughtered here for just that. Dont you find that shocking? Do you think he deserved what he got? And how do you suggest to improve this situation? By telling muslims that its all our fault... we shouldnt be making movies?
    I think that's totally fucked up. And I agree with you that this kind of thing should not be happening. However, the fault lies with the politicians who are afraid to voice their opinions. They should be the ones saying: These are our laws and if you want to live in our country you are to live by them, if you don't, then you should gt the hell back to whereever you came from.

    BUT the thing is that it should be done without generalizing all of the same race or religion, but be specifically aimed at the people involved. But as long that doesn't happen radical groups will take advantage of the situation.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    01-05-2017 @ 09:56 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    270
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts
    Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Seb Astían
    I thinks it's stupid that we can't provoke a certain religion without fearing for our lives, I really do. I think everyone should be treated equally but if we know there is a very big risk that it will cause a lot of violence by releasing the movie, the why do it? It would just be plain stupid. I think everyone should live in peace with each other and if to not provoke one religion is a key to get rid of violence, then we shouldn't provoke. We should be able to speak our mind, but not in a provoking way.
    But why provoke someone? The point that should be made is that people should treat every religion with respect, regadles of it beeing islam, christianity , budhism or any other.

    But of course you shuold be able to discuss something in a civilized way without beeing threatened for it. If these movies where about discussing islam and/or the koran as a whole without pointing fingers I absolutely think that it should be released.
    Last edited by SkooB_E; 03-01-2008 at 12:42 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •