Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 82

Thread: best and fastest way to beatmatch

  1. #16
    rockbottom620's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    10-07-2014 @ 02:00 AM
    Location
    Encino, CA
    Gender
    Posts
    1,433
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 147x in 84 Posts
    United States
    yeah i wnana tape my BPM counters too so i learn faster!
    Check out my ASOT Direct Server
    Help keep my server up and running by clicking ads!

    Check out my podcast
    Monday Night Central

  2. #17
    Luconia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Gender
    Posts
    6,913
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3x in 2 Posts
    Aruba
    bpm counters screwed me up coz i'm so pampered with softwares last time. but then again after i just got my cdjs (now on the same boat as you rockbottom, i have a pair of 800mk2s :P plus a battle mixer)

    oh yeah, beatmatched by jog wheel i have bass cancellation result
    by pitch control, super pro...i done it terribly wrong. just played on my rig for 4 days only before coming back to work so what to expect?

    MySpace l My Youtube Channel

    2010 Playlist thread
    Join us now, TF Collab Mixset project---> Register Here!

    Quote Originally Posted by TECHNIKA
    Hi guys nice to be with you im a great fan of ann luconia and anything that sounds like uplifting trance
    w00t! I have a fan

  3. #18
    rockbottom620's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    10-07-2014 @ 02:00 AM
    Location
    Encino, CA
    Gender
    Posts
    1,433
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 147x in 84 Posts
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by speedfamgirl
    bpm counters screwed me up coz i'm so pampered with softwares last time. but then again after i just got my cdjs (now on the same boat as you rockbottom, i have a pair of 800mk2s :P plus a battle mixer)

    oh yeah, beatmatched by jog wheel i have bass cancellation result
    by pitch control, super pro...i done it terribly wrong. just played on my rig for 4 days only before coming back to work so what to expect?
    yeah i get that too at times...i just move the jog wheel a little forward or a little back and the bass comes back in ;-) For the CDJs and the DJM, i just cover the bpm...i mostly know what the speeds are of the track i am spinning and i am getting faster at beatmatching...still can't get as accurate as the cdj 1000s cause sometimes i do feel even if it's beat matched it could at some pt come off.
    Check out my ASOT Direct Server
    Help keep my server up and running by clicking ads!

    Check out my podcast
    Monday Night Central

  4. #19
    Luconia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Gender
    Posts
    6,913
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3x in 2 Posts
    Aruba
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom620
    yeah i get that too at times...i just move the jog wheel a little forward or a little back and the bass comes back in ;-) For the CDJs and the DJM, i just cover the bpm...i mostly know what the speeds are of the track i am spinning and i am getting faster at beatmatching...still can't get as accurate as the cdj 1000s cause sometimes i do feel even if it's beat matched it could at some pt come off.
    that's because it's pitch accuracy only 0.05 compared to 0.02 on the 1000s
    good for you try to cover the counters....hmm just to get to know them & i think the quick return really helps a lot in timely manner than hitting the play button, during entering/cueing the 2nd track.

    MySpace l My Youtube Channel

    2010 Playlist thread
    Join us now, TF Collab Mixset project---> Register Here!

    Quote Originally Posted by TECHNIKA
    Hi guys nice to be with you im a great fan of ann luconia and anything that sounds like uplifting trance
    w00t! I have a fan

  5. #20
    rockbottom620's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    10-07-2014 @ 02:00 AM
    Location
    Encino, CA
    Gender
    Posts
    1,433
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 147x in 84 Posts
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by speedfamgirl
    that's because it's pitch accuracy only 0.05 compared to 0.02 on the 1000s
    good for you try to cover the counters....hmm just to get to know them & i think the quick return really helps a lot in timely manner than hitting the play button, during entering/cueing the 2nd track.
    yeah wish the 800s were .02 but watevs, just jog the wheel ;-)
    also they have the 1000s have that autocue the first beat but it only takes me a second to do that...LOL
    Check out my ASOT Direct Server
    Help keep my server up and running by clicking ads!

    Check out my podcast
    Monday Night Central

  6. #21
    Luconia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Gender
    Posts
    6,913
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3x in 2 Posts
    Aruba
    i dont really need the autocue imo....coz i usually FF the track until the 1st 1 min intro & set cues there :P

    MySpace l My Youtube Channel

    2010 Playlist thread
    Join us now, TF Collab Mixset project---> Register Here!

    Quote Originally Posted by TECHNIKA
    Hi guys nice to be with you im a great fan of ann luconia and anything that sounds like uplifting trance
    w00t! I have a fan

  7. #22
    Videlov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Online
    04-01-2011 @ 19:04 PM
    Location
    Chicago, IL (Wishing to be in Europe)
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Posts
    1,165
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts
    Bulgaria
    Yeah one thing for the CDJs, while the other song is playing, try to beatmatch on your headphones, most of the time you will see that just because the bpm counters are the same doesn't mean that it will be in beat. If it's going faster than the other track, speed it slowly with the jogwheel until it goes into beat and increase the pitch a bit. If it goes out of beat again, do the same thing. Usually works for me.

    Oh and a minute is wayyyyy to long to beatmatch. It should be done in seconds, than let the music play together for a bit
    Previously known as Real1ty.

    Swedish House Mafia Fan

  8. #23
    rockbottom620's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    10-07-2014 @ 02:00 AM
    Location
    Encino, CA
    Gender
    Posts
    1,433
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 147x in 84 Posts
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Real1ty
    Yeah one thing for the CDJs, while the other song is playing, try to beatmatch on your headphones, most of the time you will see that just because the bpm counters are the same doesn't mean that it will be in beat. If it's going faster than the other track, speed it slowly with the jogwheel until it goes into beat and increase the pitch a bit. If it goes out of beat again, do the same thing. Usually works for me.

    Oh and a minute is wayyyyy to long to beatmatch. It should be done in seconds, than let the music play together for a bit
    Yep that's what I have been doing lately...just let it play for and continue adjusting until they are on...then i hit the cue and let it play again...LOL
    Check out my ASOT Direct Server
    Help keep my server up and running by clicking ads!

    Check out my podcast
    Monday Night Central

  9. #24
    Dartflare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    02-08-2019 @ 02:23 AM
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Gender
    Posts
    1,529
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    United States
    My cousing when he teached me he told... the following "Dude... U know that the beat matched when u feel like a preassure on your brain while 2 tunes are running together... thats when u know when they are matching" and thats true for most wierd it can sounds... its true... I dont like to match with both sides of headphone... Id prefer to use both return and headphone... For me is easier but each one have to do like its more confortable to...

    Hope it helps somehow lol... yep I did have one funny and wierd teacher (my cousing) but I can with no doubt say that his method works

    Cheers!


    "Welcome is sleep, more welcome the sleep of stone. Whilst crime and shame continue in the land; My happy fortune, not to see or hear; Waken me not - in mercy, whisper low"
    - Michelangelo Buonarotti

  10. #25
    rockbottom620's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    10-07-2014 @ 02:00 AM
    Location
    Encino, CA
    Gender
    Posts
    1,433
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 147x in 84 Posts
    United States
    hahah...nice
    yeah i have covered my BPM counters and i usually know if the song is at 138bpm and i want it 140 i bring it up 1.5% or if i know it's 137 i think i bring it up 2-2.2% etc...and yes of course i use my ears and listen with the heaphones...i sometimes try using the mono instead of stereo so i hear one tune in the left ear and the master in the right...
    Check out my ASOT Direct Server
    Help keep my server up and running by clicking ads!

    Check out my podcast
    Monday Night Central

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    03-27-2012 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts
    United States
    Use your ears they are the only items you can have with you at all times. I wll usually use the snare or high hat (ie the second beat) at my reference. It is usually the best and loudest sound to keep track of. Good luck to ya.

  12. #27
    Fabien50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Last Online
    05-12-2009 @ 19:57 PM
    Location
    Cherbourg (France)
    Gender
    Posts
    104
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts
    France
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeman
    Using CDJ's i firstly watch the BPM counters and make sure the track I want to bring in is level with the one playing. Then I cue the second track and start counting beats, have the second track playing along in your headphones and use your jog wheel if neccesary to bring the beats into union. Then I listen for any drift, turn the jogwheel accordingly to make sure I'm correct in either speeding up or slowing down. Then adjust the pitch accordingly. Sometimes I get it right in no time at all, other times I have to tweak things for a little bit longer to get it right, and ofcourse sometimes I don't get it right at all. LOL
    Yes excatly, as me !!

    On titles Hard Trance and more techno, I take “Pass Pass” with the fader and comuteurs of the mixor.
    FAB aka T-Resoort

    myspace : http://www.myspace.com/t_resoort


  13. #28
    Luconia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Gender
    Posts
    6,913
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3x in 2 Posts
    Aruba
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom620
    hahah...nice
    yeah i have covered my BPM counters and i usually know if the song is at 138bpm and i want it 140 i bring it up 1.5% or if i know it's 137 i think i bring it up 2-2.2% etc...and yes of course i use my ears and listen with the heaphones...i sometimes try using the mono instead of stereo so i hear one tune in the left ear and the master in the right...
    poor me, i dont think i can use one cup cue style better other than split cue, cos last time my left ear had a very bad infection & the hearing on in deteriorates. that's what i found out during audiometry check up.

    MySpace l My Youtube Channel

    2010 Playlist thread
    Join us now, TF Collab Mixset project---> Register Here!

    Quote Originally Posted by TECHNIKA
    Hi guys nice to be with you im a great fan of ann luconia and anything that sounds like uplifting trance
    w00t! I have a fan

  14. #29
    rockbottom620's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    10-07-2014 @ 02:00 AM
    Location
    Encino, CA
    Gender
    Posts
    1,433
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 147x in 84 Posts
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by speedfamgirl
    poor me, i dont think i can use one cup cue style better other than split cue, cos last time my left ear had a very bad infection & the hearing on in deteriorates. that's what i found out during audiometry check up.
    THat sux!!!!
    Check out my ASOT Direct Server
    Help keep my server up and running by clicking ads!

    Check out my podcast
    Monday Night Central

  15. #30
    Dartflare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    02-08-2019 @ 02:23 AM
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Gender
    Posts
    1,529
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by speedfamgirl
    poor me, i dont think i can use one cup cue style better other than split cue, cos last time my left ear had a very bad infection & the hearing on in deteriorates. that's what i found out during audiometry check up.
    Thats sad... But... at least u didn't get like SPUD when he became deaf from one ear when it got blocked by wax

    Hope ur left ear gets 110%

    Cheers!


    "Welcome is sleep, more welcome the sleep of stone. Whilst crime and shame continue in the land; My happy fortune, not to see or hear; Waken me not - in mercy, whisper low"
    - Michelangelo Buonarotti

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •