Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 1 of 42 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 629

Thread: Rip-Off Thread

  1. #1
    deamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    02-10-2011 @ 10:55 AM
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Posts
    1,779
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ukraine

    Rip-Off Thread

    I think it will be pretty useful thread coz plagiarism became a part of producing.. Someone will say "who cares if it sounds great" but i don't think so at all. I am listening to a tons of fresh releases every week (selecting a tracks for radioshow) and sometimes it's really hard to find something fresh and great. And sometimes I hear not just tunes which reminds me of other tunes because of same samples or melodies but a clearly fuc**ng copies of other tracks and it makes me wanna kill (or sue at least) author of that tracks and labels which release such a shameful stuff.

    Here;s the reason why I finally create this thread - this just made my evening in a bad sense:
    https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/...%20From%20Home

    I tried to find who the fu*k is that bastard under Stanley Matti alias but I can't find anything. I also
    found a myspace page of that label - Stoneflow (oh what a shame - it's from Ukraine) and there are no any info about SFR019 there - looks like they realized how they sucked and deleted any info about it. But it's still on beatport..

  2. #2
    Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    04-25-2016 @ 08:56 AM
    Location
    Kanye Land
    Gender
    Posts
    9,800
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 1,210x in 799 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by deamon View Post
    I think it will be pretty useful thread coz plagiarism became a part of producing.. Someone will say "who cares if it sounds great" but i don't think so at all. I am listening to a tons of fresh releases every week (selecting a tracks for radioshow) and sometimes it's really hard to find something fresh and great. And sometimes I hear not just tunes which reminds me of other tunes because of same samples or melodies but a clearly fuc**ng copies of other tracks and it makes me wanna kill (or sue at least) author of that tracks and labels which release such a shameful stuff.

    Here;s the reason why I finally create this thread - this just made my evening in a bad sense:
    https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/...%20From%20Home

    I tried to find who the fu*k is that bastard under Stanley Matti alias but I can't find anything. I also
    found a myspace page of that label - Stoneflow (oh what a shame - it's from Ukraine) and there are no any info about SFR019 there - looks like they realized how they sucked and deleted any info about it. But it's still on beatport..
    It is just a badly linked sample. I've had a incident exactly the same on audiojelly, sample for a song different to the one posted. An obvious blunder. You can't get away with copyright infringement that blatantly.

    Here is the same track from audiojelly


    http://www.audiojelly.com/singles/433331
    Last edited by Darren; 06-09-2010 at 22:51 PM.
    'Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety' - Benjamin Franklin

  3. #3
    deamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    02-10-2011 @ 10:55 AM
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Posts
    1,779
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ukraine
    no, it's not

    http://www.audiojelly.com/singles/433331

    not on two webshops
    it also was ripped by scene and you can find it on the webs to listen to full track and be sure it's a most incredible rip-off so far imo

  4. #4
    deamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    02-10-2011 @ 10:55 AM
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Posts
    1,779
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ukraine
    it's just a 450 renamed to 'The More The Better' in this release. And I don't think that beatport and audiojelly decides together to screw Stanley and Stoneflow. It's an epic rip-off fail

  5. #5
    Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    04-25-2016 @ 08:56 AM
    Location
    Kanye Land
    Gender
    Posts
    9,800
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 1,210x in 799 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by deamon View Post
    it's just a 450 renamed to 'The More The Better' in this release. And I don't think that beatport and audiojelly decides together to screw Stanley and Stoneflow. It's an epic rip-off fail
    Well report the artist to the web shops, and inform Armada if you think it resembles 450 too closely.
    'Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety' - Benjamin Franklin

  6. #6
    aki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    03-14-2017 @ 21:31 PM
    Location
    Wooden
    Gender
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 54x in 41 Posts
    Netherlands
    All those very badly done house remixes of 2009, I think that must ring a bell for every1 who listened some radio last year xD
    New concept: mixing as many EDM genres in one mix as possible, to obliterate narrowmindedness Borders within Genres vanguish, check out my mix consisting of DnB, Dubstep, Hardstyle, House and of course TRANCE!


  7. #7
    deamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    02-10-2011 @ 10:55 AM
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Posts
    1,779
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ukraine
    It don't resembles 450, IT IS 450
    I can't believe it happens lol

  8. #8
    Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    04-25-2016 @ 08:56 AM
    Location
    Kanye Land
    Gender
    Posts
    9,800
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 1,210x in 799 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by deamon View Post
    It don't resembles 450, IT IS 450
    I can't believe it happens lol
    Well report it, it happens worldwide in all sorts of industries, the label can be prosecuted as well as the artist.

    Apologies for not realising it is identical, 450 is not a song I've listened to fully, only in passing, as I do with much of the material that is deemed popular nowadays, just doesn't do much for me.
    'Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety' - Benjamin Franklin

  9. #9
    deamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    02-10-2011 @ 10:55 AM
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Posts
    1,779
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ukraine
    Already reported..I just wonder how unprofessional Stoneflow management are

    Maybe I can sent them some renamed tracks is WAV too? xD

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    02-11-2013 @ 02:31 AM
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Posts
    84
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Australia
    Yeah it's the same i just listened to both of em. That's pretty weird. Report it.

  11. #11
    KrisA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Gender
    Posts
    3,340
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    256
    Thanked 69x in 44 Posts
    Denmark
    lol. that's quite embarrasing

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    02-11-2013 @ 02:31 AM
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Posts
    84
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Australia
    How does someone just get away with that? Pretty sad.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    06-13-2010 @ 22:04 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts
    Estonia
    I believe that there is not fault the label as an artist. In the flow of huge amount of electronic music is difficult to trace plagiarism or not. But the artist was thinking when he signed contract? As is known in every label contract\agreement said that the artist is confirmed that the track of his own and not copied.
    I think that the label Stoneflov should sue the artist and win.

  14. #14
    DarrenMorfitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    08-31-2013 @ 01:08 AM
    Location
    Wrocław, PL
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Posts
    76
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Poland
    It's Sebastian Brandt tune for sure , pure example of plagiarism Sue him !

    Armada / Mainstage Music / Echelon
    Twitter | Soundcloud | Facebook |Beatport

  15. #15
    deamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    02-10-2011 @ 10:55 AM
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Posts
    1,779
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ukraine
    That's what Stoneflow Records replied:
    Thanks for your mail to Staneflow Records!
    Don't worry Stanley Matti maliciously joked for what and will be punished.
    lol

Similar Threads

  1. Babe Thread = Porn Thread
    By mini in forum Website Problems
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-04-2009, 23:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •