Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 64 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14545960616263646566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: Rare tracks not found in the downloadstores

Last Online
    Today @ 14:21 PM
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504x in 1,858 Posts
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranceformator View Post
    It's a rough estimate but I think I must have 700 records, 250 single CD's and 350 compilations CD's with sometimes up to 6 CD's for each not to mention 5000 web-bought WAV's. My goal is to have everything ripped by the end of 2020. Still a lot to do as you can guess.
    It's hard to manage a digital library with a 1000 tracks, let alone 20000 tracks in different formats (physical and digital). I'm quite interested into how you'll categorize all that. I tried building a library, but I saw that it would still get messy just sorting by artists so I gave up. Had a program that could do that but there were still a lot of exceptions so I gave up.
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 20:35 PM
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 280x in 183 Posts
    France
    I have Discogs with all of my stuff saved into a (private) collection and I use mp3tag to tag everything correctly (with Discogs release ID which makes things a hell lot easier) either being bought online or ripped from CD's. I also have 1500+ tracks ripped from my records so I don't mind taking the time to do it at all.
    Favorite artist of 1997 to 2001 : Graeme Laverty : https://www.discogs.com/artist/304066-Graeme-Laverty
    Favorite artist of 2002 to 2006 : Robert Gitelman : https://www.discogs.com/artist/108748-Robert-Gitelman
    Favorite artist of 2007 and older : Ronnie Minder : https://www.discogs.com/artist/560342-Ronnie-Minder

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tranceformator For This Useful Post:

Gagi (11-21-2019), Hensmon (11-21-2019), PegaSus (11-21-2019)

Last Online
    Today @ 11:26 AM
    Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,305x in 1,599 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    It's hard to manage a digital library with a 1000 tracks, let alone 20000 tracks in different formats (physical and digital).
    Itunes with a vast and organised playlist folder/playlist system is how I have done it and I fucking LOVE my Itunes. Built up over 14 years and I must have well over 1000 playlists, grouped in various libraries and styles. So I can go to Library 4 and this would be created around 2012, with maybe 60 playlists in various folder systems and these will contain all the special songs I discovered at that time. Its so hard to remember all the gems Ive found over the years and this way I never loose them. It's a fucking beast. I would commit around 5-8 hours a week to buying, importing, genre-tagging, listening/re-listening, sorting and creating the playlists. It's a lot of effort but it's the best thing I own...my child.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hensmon For This Useful Post:

Gagi (11-21-2019)

Last Online
    Today @ 14:21 PM
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504x in 1,858 Posts
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by Hensmon View Post
    Itunes with a vast and organised playlist folder/playlist system is how I have done it and I fucking LOVE my Itunes. Built up over 14 years and I must have well over 1000 playlists, grouped in various libraries and styles. So I can go to Library 4 and this would be created around 2012, with maybe 60 playlists in various folder systems and these will contain all the special songs I discovered at that time. Its so hard to remember all the gems Ive found over the years and this way I never loose them. It's a fucking beast. I would commit around 5-8 hours a week to buying, importing, genre-tagging, listening/re-listening, sorting and creating the playlists. It's a lot of effort but it's the best thing I own...my child.
    That sounds very very convenient. Of course, takes a lot of time, but later on it just must pay off. What are your playlists like, do they contain what you found at the time or do you have more "themed" playlists, such as, say, a few tracks in a certain "mood"? Or both?
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

Last Online
    Today @ 11:26 AM
    Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,305x in 1,599 Posts
    United Kingdom
    @Gagi the process for last 4 years is to bulk purchase around 200+ tracks from a curated list I keep on my phone/computer, containing all of discoveries from all over the web i.e trancefix, youtube, beatport. I'll move down the list chronologically of when they were discovered. The new tracks will then go into one or two big playlists. I'll then spend the next month listening to these at home and on Ipod to not only enjoy but also to leave enough time and opportunity for my ears to really start building a connection and appreciation with each track and finding the really special ones that stick with me. Its my own hack against the throw-away nature of todays scene to forget a track in a few days (which I still do).

I'll then take these 200+ tracks, add genre and fix spelling, rate each one and finally organise them into playlists by both genre and mood, meaning a folder (in the Trance/Progressive library) will usually contain 2 progressive playlists (deep/dark and warm/trancey), an Uplifting/banging playlist, a classic playlist(s), driving psychedelic/goa playlist and then 2/3 Trance ones which balance between underground sounds like on JOOF/Forescape/DB/Techno-Trance and then some more traditional Trance stuff like on Pure, for example. Then the process ends and ill grab another 200+ tracks to repeat the process.

I cant wait when im 75 years old and still have it going and get to look back on my musical journey. Already It is paying off in this respect.
    Last edited by Hensmon; 11-21-2019 at 22:57 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hensmon For This Useful Post:

Gagi (11-22-2019), Tranceformator (11-23-2019)

Last Online
    04-05-2020 @ 05:52 AM
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 66x in 46 Posts
    Singapore
    Here's one foy you @IZE :

Tony Walker - Field Of Joy (Original Extended Mix).wav
    https://www116.zippyshare.com/v/MAPqPj3G/file.html
    not exactly the best quality but i'll take it, cheers.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    France
    Quote Originally Posted by IZE View Post
    not exactly the best quality but i'll take it, cheers.
    How pleasant...especially knowing this copy comes from Beatport. I had other WAV's from your wantlist but since they may not be to your taste I guess I'll keep them to myself and let you buy them yourself.
    Favorite artist of 1997 to 2001 : Graeme Laverty : https://www.discogs.com/artist/304066-Graeme-Laverty
    Favorite artist of 2002 to 2006 : Robert Gitelman : https://www.discogs.com/artist/108748-Robert-Gitelman
    Favorite artist of 2007 and older : Ronnie Minder : https://www.discogs.com/artist/560342-Ronnie-Minder

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 17:59 PM
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 264x in 195 Posts
    Netherlands
    How pleasant...especially knowing this copy comes from Beatport. I had other WAV's from your wantlist but since they may not be to your taste I guess I'll keep them to myself and let you buy them yourself.
    Being grateful can be difficult sometimes. He did end with a cheers however. Thanks fot the upload, I only had the Flutlicht version up until now in wav.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    France
    I know what he meant but I feel a bit pissed to be trying my best to provide full quality versions and thinking I may have been leeching this track. Anyway forgiven not forgotten!

Last Online
    04-05-2020 @ 05:52 AM
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 66x in 46 Posts
    Singapore
    I know what he meant but I feel a bit pissed to be trying my best to provide full quality versions and thinking I may have been leeching this track. Anyway forgiven not forgotten!
    i apologize if i came in the wrong way, didn't meant to. I have bought lossless tracks like this before on beatport/juno and times i would hear somethings off especially the hi hats in high volume. After using a spectral analyzer, yes indeed doesn't feel lossless at all. So i did a comparison from a rip off a Judge jules CD and to my suspicion the track you've bought from beatport indeed its either a bad analog rip or lossy conversion. Its a travesty that Beatport always gets away with it because people are unaware and also not taking responsibility by pushing the blame to either the artists or the consumers for not checking.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	field of joy.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	214.6 KB 
ID:	19011

labels like ipnotika and sometimes bonzai classic had this problem too. I normally would get a refund and thankfully junodownload are kind enough to let me do it. I've been burned a few times before and paranoia sets in all the time, really hate these guys charging a premium price for a not so premium product. Again i don't mean no disrespect, hope you'll understand

@Arnoud
    here's the ferry corsten remix to complete your collection
    https://www33.zippyshare.com/v/ucEdoCZ5/file.html
    Last edited by IZE; 11-23-2019 at 05:38 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to IZE For This Useful Post:

Arnoud (11-25-2019)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    France
    That's okay mate I don't feel offended now that I read this. Disgraceful practices, I don't know why they do that but that sucks. With the price they charge at least they have to provide a version with full spectrums. This happened so many times. And as you rightfully pointed out I also buy with Juno and get my money back unlike Beatport. Only Flutlicht has full spectrum...I have checked Ferry Costen remix and it's a transcode as well...

Last Online
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    France
    Its my own hack against the throw-away nature of todays scene to forget a track in a few days (which I still do).
    It's a lot of effort but it's the best thing I own...my child.
    +10000 GOLDEN words! So much truth in all this!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tranceformator For This Useful Post:

Hensmon (11-23-2019)

Last Online
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 637x in 470 Posts
    Portugal
    Armada related labels use to cut off mastering of many tracks at about 16kHz for some reason. A lot of ASOT tracks are this way too, not much that can be done other than finding some other source that may not even exist.

Clear Blue Water, by A&B, released on Captivating, has the same issue as Field of Joy and many many other earlier tracks. Odd choice by them. It's not a transcode as there's a clear fade-out, it seems to be a very weird mastering choice. Maybe for size savings.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Spider-Vice For This Useful Post:

Tranceformator (11-23-2019)

Last Online
    04-02-2020 @ 08:08 AM
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 37x in 19 Posts
    United Kingdom
    does anyone have a lossless copy or clean 320k of this ?

Velvet Girl - Velvet (Original Mix) ~8:30
    ...it's a psychout thing
    and it's spreading,
    and it's like...
    i don't know, it’s pushing me to the edge
    and i don't know if it’s Lucifer himself or what...
    He’s collecting a lot of them out there.
    And he’s damaging their brains...

Last Online
    Today @ 13:36 PM
    Mentioned
    543 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,242x in 2,563 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by vampirul_18 View Post
    does anyone have a lossless copy or clean 320k of this ?

Velvet Girl - Velvet (Original Mix) ~8:30
    Any discogs link to that version?
    My CD Collection:

1000 items and rising

http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=PegaSus2k6

Page 64 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14545960616263646566676869 ... LastLast