Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferry Corsten - WKND [24.02.2012]

Last Online
    01-07-2013 @ 14:47 PM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5x in 3 Posts
    Croatia
    The sample is to short but that track with Armin sounds very nice.

Last Online
    12-08-2016 @ 02:01 AM
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 291x in 179 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Off Topic

IMO this forum has been going downhill in the last few months as prev mentioned alot of leechers ( This ite could be alot better)) on here just wondering about INFO about release info & adding alot of crap of info to sections on forum ( wont mention any names but wont be hard to find out yourself if you look closely) . I know alot of moderators do there best but IMO some dont care....Its up to you in what you decide what happens to this site but IMO some things really need to change if not IMO this will be like any other that is out there

Organising Events always aint the answer to get your repetation out there
    But why post this here? Fits better with the 'This forum is far too quiet' topic.
    Eco complete discography

trance (noun) - a state of ecstasy or mystic absorption so intense as to cause a temporary loss of consciousness at the earthly level

Last Online
    @
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 191x in 131 Posts
    Northern Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRabbit View Post
    But why post this here? Fits better with the 'This forum is far too quiet' topic.
    Just IMO alot of forum members dont look at other topics but if they look here they also get info what is happening wrongly to this site, also Im a very good member in what is happening to the site..

Last Online
    01-06-2019 @ 15:44 PM
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 409x in 242 Posts
    England
    I like this alot (Dub preferable) ... Trance music is evolving & alot of forum members on here should do the same ... You sad lot of people who dont.. I still love my trance music but aint the same as it used to be in the past.... No one can change the way things are progressing in the music scene .. But I have IMO broaden my horizon to other types of music that is out there.... maybe not all goood but , Who Cares
    From what I've heard of the album so far, trance music is not evolving. It's selling out. Ferry was a God to me a few years back but now he is seriously letting me down. This album has nothing to do with trance music from what I've heard. Armin and Tiesto have gone the same way. Why should I broaden my horizons when what I know and love about trance is few and far between? 90% of what is released these days is not trance to me. Thank God that producers like Patterson, Indecent Noise, Askew, Downey and a fair few others are still releasing real trance. My favourite tune ever is The Legacy by Push. This shite what Ferry is producing recently is ridiculous compared to it. Not too log ago he was producing Out of the Blue and Exhale. I think your argument is ridiculous and I will leave it there before I get too wound up

Last Online
    @
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 191x in 131 Posts
    Northern Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill-Head View Post
    From what I've heard of the album so far, trance music is not evolving. It's selling out. Ferry was a God to me a few years back but now he is seriously letting me down. This album has nothing to do with trance music from what I've heard. Armin and Tiesto have gone the same way. Why should I broaden my horizons when what I know and love about trance is few and far between? 90% of what is released these days is not trance to me. Thank God that producers like Patterson, Indecent Noise, Askew, Downey and a fair few others are still releasing real trance. My favourite tune ever is The Legacy by Push. This shite what Ferry is producing recently is ridiculous compared to it. Not too log ago he was producing Out of the Blue and Exhale. I think your argument is ridiculous and I will leave it there before I get too wound up
    You are one silly forum member... That dont know anything about proper trance IMO it aint about fast 140 BPM trance all the time (Patterson, Indecent Noise, Askew, Downey) this is boring... Broaden your horizon to other producers that are out there trying to do a good job for the scene at the moment... ...........
    Last edited by Colin; 06-23-2011 at 02:09 AM.

Last Online
    09-16-2015 @ 04:37 AM
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 533x in 403 Posts
    Chile
    You are one silly forum member... That dont know anything about proper trance IMO it aint about fast 140 BPM trance all the time (Patterson, Indecent Noise, Askew, Downey) this is boring... Broaden your horizon to other producers that are out there trying to do a good job for the scene at the moment... ...........
    really, i believe that grill-head knows a lot more than u about trance... it's not about being open minded or about broading horizons in musical tastes... i love trance for example, and i like other genres too (house, for example), but i would really wish that ferry corsten, one of the best trance producers in the history of the scene, to keep the fuck away from producing house.

house is house, trance is trance... im not against mixing both genres in one track, marcel woods for example has always done that and i like it... what is annoying people (and annoying me, personally) is that producers that used to make class trance tunes are now producing a more commercial focused music... happened with tiesto, is happening with avb, is happening with ferry corsten... i will really miss the style of Bobina - Invisible Touch (Ferry Corsten Remix)... that was the last massive trance production made by ferry =/
    Tune of 2007: Luke Warner & Mat Lock - Deep Psychosis [Daniel Kandi´s Cure Mix]
    Tune of 2008: Alex M.O.R.P.H. - Walk The Edge [Alex M.O.R.P.H. B2B Woody van Eyden Remix]
    Tune of 2009: Bobina - Invisible Touch [Ferry Corsten's Touch]
    Tune of 2010: Jon O'Bir feat. Fisher - Found A Way [Joint Operations Centre Remix]
    Tune of 2011: Andrew Bayer - From The Earth (Breakfast Remix)

Last Online
    05-17-2012 @ 02:39 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Mexico
    Its good this track for ferry corsten, understend Colin, the trance is evolution, my point of view the trance is lately downhill!!! :-(

Last Online
    03-13-2017 @ 01:00 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 30x in 21 Posts
    Mexico
    Holy crap, this is beyond terrible. I better see Ferry selling out to the pop crowd rather than going the SHM me-too boring route.

Last Online
    09-16-2015 @ 04:37 AM
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 533x in 403 Posts
    Chile
    Quote Originally Posted by fridaycoffee View Post

check it not would have been a better title

for some of u to remember... this is how old ferry corsten used to sound... beautiful sounds and instruments

Last edited by juampiCL; 06-23-2011 at 05:02 AM.
    Tune of 2007: Luke Warner & Mat Lock - Deep Psychosis [Daniel Kandi´s Cure Mix]
    Tune of 2008: Alex M.O.R.P.H. - Walk The Edge [Alex M.O.R.P.H. B2B Woody van Eyden Remix]
    Tune of 2009: Bobina - Invisible Touch [Ferry Corsten's Touch]
    Tune of 2010: Jon O'Bir feat. Fisher - Found A Way [Joint Operations Centre Remix]
    Tune of 2011: Andrew Bayer - From The Earth (Breakfast Remix)

Last Online
    01-24-2015 @ 22:56 PM
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 11x in 10 Posts
    Norway
    oh my god, Check It Out is so TERRIBLE! It's like a bad attempt at copying SHM - One. How can someone honestly like that synth, this puts me in a state of shock.

Last Online
    04-20-2013 @ 19:59 PM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 20x in 16 Posts
    Finland
    Trance music is evolving & alot of forum members on here should do the same ... You sad lot of people who dont.. I still love my trance music but aint the same as it used to be in the past.... No one can change the way things are progressing in the music scene .. But I have IMO broaden my horizon to other types of music that is out there.... maybe not all goood but , Who Cares
    Seriously Colin you say we need to change and broaden our vision. Really? From what I've encountered here is that many people listen variety of genres. For an example I listen everything from ambient to house to trance to dubstep to drum and bass, I think you got the idea, so when Ferry (most likely) will make a horrible house album that 1. is utterly horrible musically 2. Doesn't connect to his older fans in anyway 3. Just isn't interesting in any way, how is broading my horizon will help me? Broading my horizon means that I become more open to new sounds aka. to the new styles. But what you are saying now is that I need to broaden my self to MEDIOCRE music and that I need to set my standards lower, that sounds like a BS to me.
    Last edited by Zuhox; 06-23-2011 at 09:13 AM.

Last Online
    06-22-2019 @ 18:58 PM
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 528x in 324 Posts
    Bulgaria
    Quote Originally Posted by MC_Kapslock View Post
    stop saying Trouse man! the genre you mean does already exist and it´s called Progressive House....
    and I think it´s a bit too early for a new album by Corsten... liked his previous album a lot!
    For me progressive house is Dinka, Strobe by Deadmau5 or Funkagenda

This is electro house or electro trouse (because there are trance elements in a house song)

Progressive has nothing to do with it. "Progression" in music means the evolution of the song.

Anyway,

Everyone is turning intro ELECTRO house, because it sells in UK & USA.

I'm not going to listen to it just because a lot of kids in the world do it. I don't like it, I'll better go with my taste.

I also listen house music, but for example Soulful House..

There are a lot of genres in house music, I've always liked house, but another kind of house. This music get fucked up since "Put your hands up for Detroit".

Its when electro started being popular.

Cheers

Last Online
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 20x in 16 Posts
    Finland
    Quote Originally Posted by N7pSTR View Post
    For me progressive house is Dinka, Strobe by Deadmau5 or Funkagenda

This is electro house or electro trouse (because there are trance elements in a house song)

Progressive has nothing to do with it. "Progression" in music means the evolution of the song.
    Exactly, Progressive house is not trouse. Progressive house is something else, something like Pryda, Funkagenda, Dinka, Anjunadeep guys etc, And about progression yes, it means song progresses, sadly enough 90 % of "progressive" music is hardly progressive at all. Progressive music itself is a pretty pretentious term like IDM (Intelligent Dance Music), great genres both but they share a horrible name

Last Online
    Today @ 10:34 AM
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,563x in 946 Posts
    Netherlands
    About Check It Out: Hmm.. whats that Jumpstyle kick doing in there at 4:10... What are those rap samples doing in there? What are those cheesy Guetta-vocals doing there?

Last Online
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 20x in 16 Posts
    Finland
    Check it out, HUGE SHM signature sound copy, Ferry Corsten, guy who rode the supersaw and his long hands up breakdowns till everyone in the audience had their arms numb in the millennium is actually copying mainstream EDM guys.. just weak. As for the song, I expected worse when So "Good" was horrible, this is just mainstream stuff, I'll admit, if I was drunk I'd dance to this. But I don't really like the idea where Ferry wants to cash out a popular sound. It would be okay if that was all he had done in the past but he hasn't

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast