Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Thread: 25 Signs That A Horrific Global Water Crisis Is Coming

Last Online
    11-18-2018 @ 20:28 PM
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,506x in 982 Posts
    Netherlands

25 Signs That A Horrific Global Water Crisis Is Coming

Every single day, we are getting closer to a horrific global water crisis. This world was blessed with an awesome amount of fresh water, but because of our foolishness it is rapidly disappearing. Rivers, lakes and major underground aquifers all over the globe are drying up, and many of the fresh water sources that we still have available are so incredibly polluted that we simply cannot use them anymore. Without fresh water, we simply cannot function. Just imagine what would happen if the water got cut off in your house and you were not able to go out and buy any. Just think about it. How long would you be able to last? Well, as sources of fresh water all over the globe dry up, we are seeing drought conditions spread. We are starting to see massive "dust storms" in areas where we have never seem them before. Every single year, most of the major deserts around the world are getting bigger and the amount of usable agricultural land in most areas is becoming smaller. Whether you are aware of this or not, the truth is that we are rapidly approaching a breaking point.

If dramatic changes are not made soon, in the years ahead water shortages are going to force large groups of people to move to new areas. As the global water crisis intensifies, there will be political conflicts and potentially even wars over water. We like to think of ourselves as being so "advanced", but the reality is that we have not figured out how to live without water. When the water dries up in an area, most of the people are going to have to leave.

Right now, most of us take for granted that we will always have access to an unlimited amount of clean water.

But when you take a hard look at the data, it quickly becomes clear that everything that we have always taken for granted about water is about to dramatically change.

That following are 25 signs that a horrific global water crisis is coming. The first 12 facts are about the United States, and the last 13 are about the rest of the world...

Read More....

Last Online
    07-11-2016 @ 00:22 AM
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 772x in 526 Posts
    Netherlands
    Jup. Nothing will change though, if we only focus on some problem with money in Greece, while that money essentially has no real value. Earth in Greece hasn't become less, olive oil hasn't. However, some numbers in a bunch of computers have gone down, telling us that we have a problem. These numbers aren't linked to real value anymore. Yet for some reason we're told that that's important. And indeed, in the meanwhile big corporations who cannot be held accountable and can hardly be stopped or corrected in the current system polute essential resources (like water) that we need to live on this planet.

We can make large amounts of water usable for consumption again, however. The problem is: It costs too much Money (yes, the stuff with the value-problem). We keep fooling ourselves into oblivion of what is important to focus on right now.
    My first track, let me know what you think!

Please give me feedback, I want to get better

Oh and don't be afraid to go to my Facebook page and hit like button, it's there for a reason

Last Online
    12-08-2016 @ 03:01 AM
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 291x in 179 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex E View Post
    Jup. Nothing will change though, if we only focus on some problem with money in Greece, while that money essentially has no real value. Earth in Greece hasn't become less, olive oil hasn't. However, some numbers in a bunch of computers have gone down, telling us that we have a problem. These numbers aren't linked to real value anymore. Yet for some reason we're told that that's important. And indeed, in the meanwhile big corporations who cannot be held accountable and can hardly be stopped or corrected in the current system polute essential resources (like water) that we need to live on this planet.

We can make large amounts of water usable for consumption again, however. The problem is: It costs too much Money (yes, the stuff with the value-problem). We keep fooling ourselves into oblivion of what is important to focus on right now.
    I'd agree with most of what you say, in the current system we have our priorities totally wrong, with the focus laying on money and economical growth while both things will mean nothing when the planet becomes uninhabitable because of the way we treat it.

However, why would you say big corporations can't be held responsible? Sure they'll need water, but there is always room for more durability within such corporations.
    Eco complete discography

trance (noun) - a state of ecstasy or mystic absorption so intense as to cause a temporary loss of consciousness at the earthly level

Last Online
    04-25-2016 @ 09:56 AM
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,210x in 799 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex E View Post

Money can cause us to feel powerful or under threat, drive us to greed etc.

It doesn't necessarily have to be abolished to greatly reduce suffering / problems as we see them. if wealth was distributed more evenly for instance we'd see great gains in quality of life around the globe. How many people live with more money than they need to live a comfortable life (e.g. global average in quality of life)?

The greatest gains could be to rid ourselves of it, but then the emphasis would merely fall down to another sense of worth. Item A is worth more to me than B, I can steal it, work for it etc. Ego really is the root of the problem.
    'Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety' - Benjamin Franklin

Last Online
    07-11-2016 @ 00:22 AM
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 772x in 526 Posts
    Netherlands
    Few points are missed I think: Money has no value => The value of money is no longer linked to anything. Thus everything that's being told to us about problems with debts and such are hard to define in real value, since there's no link to anything real (unless you actually believe that that €10 piece of paper would actually be worth 10 loafs of bread if it wouldn't say the €10-sign wasn't on there). It used to be expressed in gold, but that link is gone. And now, nobody really gets it anymore. That's a problem. Doesn't mean it should be abolished at all, it should just be worth something real again. Now it's just numbers in computers, on coins and on pieces of paper.

Big corporations can't be held responsible => The entities that are corporations are nothing. They are not a person. They feel no guilt or greed. A lot of responsibility is effectively given to an entity that can't be expected to understand what harm it's doing. Of course, it's controlled by humans. But the shareholders want short-term money and only get financial information (damage to the earth? Vague or no idea there), the managers get money for doing what the shareholders want (if they make less money in order to be good to the environment, they get their ass fired, so no attention to the environment there), and the people under the managers do what the managers ask them to do (and considering the environment: you get the point). The system blows right now and is in no way good for the environment.

Darren, what the hell is up with your location status
    My first track, let me know what you think!

Please give me feedback, I want to get better

Oh and don't be afraid to go to my Facebook page and hit like button, it's there for a reason

Last Online
    01-19-2020 @ 15:18 PM
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 150x in 113 Posts
    Canada
    we could use salt water from oceans and use technology to filter out the salt. that would help places like africa with water shortages, but no one wants to invest in africa.