Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

View Poll Results: Your favourite TV show

Voters
215. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alcatraz

42 19.53%
  • Pan Am

40 18.60%
  • Dexter

71 33.02%
  • The Big Bang Theory

64 29.77%
  • House MD

58 26.98%
  • Grey's Anatomy

42 19.53%
  • Fringe

52 24.19%
  • Homeland

55 25.58%
  • Justified

41 19.07%
  • Archer

41 19.07%
  • Blue Bloods

39 18.14%
  • Family Guy

61 28.37%
  • Modern Family

48 22.33%
  • Game of Thrones

88 40.93%
  • How I Met Your Mother

66 30.70%
  • Two and a Half Men

59 27.44%
  • The Office

48 22.33%
  • Walking Dead

81 37.67%
  • Breaking Bad

89 41.40%
  • American Horror Story

48 22.33%
  • Blue Mountain State

43 20.00%
  • Sons of Anarchy

46 21.40%
  • Mad Men

42 19.53%
  • Californication

45 20.93%
  • Sherlock

49 22.79%
  • Person of Interest

50 23.26%
  • Revenge

41 19.07%
  • Shameless (US & UK)

45 20.93%
  • Spartacus

55 25.58%
  • Skins

41 19.07%
  • Community

45 20.93%
  • Burn Notice

41 19.07%
  • Oz

45 20.93%
  • Co-Ed Confidential

40 18.60%
  • South Park

58 26.98%
  • New Girl

43 20.00%
  • Southland

40 18.60%
  • Suits

48 22.33%
  • Making A Murderer

2 0.93%
  • Narcos

4 1.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Tags for this Thread

Page 80 of 81 FirstFirst ... 307075767778798081 LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1203

Thread: Which is your favorite TV show? With new poll!

Last Online
    Today @ 15:55 PM
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,272x in 1,683 Posts
    Serbia
    Rome has to be among the favourites. A good mix of accurate depictions of one of the most important figures and events in ancient history, and the life and drama in Rome itself, from the lowest to the highest classes of citizens.

And I have to say, the last episode of season 1 and the first episode of season 2 are one of the best episodes of any series, ever. Can't remember when was the last time I watched something so gripping. Stunning performances, especially by the guy who was portraying Brutus.

The whole series is pretty neutral when it comes to known characters from history. It doesn't glorify or vilify one or the other. That's what I like about it. It shows all sides. I kind of wish they explored the history a bit more, especially the politics and the conflicting ideas that Senate and Julius Caesar had about Rome and why did the stuff that happened actually happen. I think it's interesting, and is somewhat applicable now.

Season 1 overall has to be one of the best seasons of any series as well. Season 2 continues the story of the main characters, only possibly too much. It also deviates from the historical accuracy for a bit, but not much.
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 21:24 PM
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 130x in 98 Posts
    Bulgaria

Some deep shit right there. So relatable.

True Detective S1 was truly incredible. Had urges recently to rewatch it... and The Wire.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Sharp Objects

Saw some of you guys praising it somewhere on this forum, saying it has a True Detective vibe to it or something.

Definitely not, besides being a bit creepy. By design, most of the main characters are annoying, it is a bit slow and uneventful and really doesn't interest me at all. Gonna stick around till the Season 1 finale and won't watch the next season, if they decide to continue.

There is good mystery, and there is bad mystery. This one is the latter. I usually like how the movies/series directors and writers gradually, in parallel, expose the main characters and the viewers to mystery and its resolve. But this is just too vague. You have no idea what's going on, who's who or what happened before. What little you can understand is rebellious daughters and a controlling, rich mother, and that whole situation takes up most of the show that it becomes boring, fast.

Episode 4 finally brought some much needed actual drama and context. So far the best episode. And you have to laud them for having really amazing soundtrack, but that's about it.

A similar series in its overall theme (small place, murder of a child, people and their tragedies, troubled individuals, secrets, mystery etc) is Broadchurch, and it kinda seems it's where Sharp Objects got its inspiration from. Broadchurch is just miles ahead in every part except that it doesn't have Amy Adams in it. The drama is done much better, there's a lot of mystery as to who might have killed the child, it isn't as vague, the connections and relationships between the characters are much stronger by design, and every episode is pretty interesting. Better soundtrack too. A shame it wasn't as watched because it wasn't shot in the US so it probably didn't have a marketing campaign as expensive or A-list actors.

Last Online
    Today @ 17:07 PM
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,249x in 2,110 Posts
    Denmark
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    Sharp Objects

Saw some of you guys praising it somewhere on this forum, saying it has a True Detective vibe to it or something.

Definitely not, besides being a bit creepy. By design, most of the main characters are annoying, it is a bit slow and uneventful and really doesn't interest me at all. Gonna stick around till the Season 1 finale and won't watch the next season, if they decide to continue.

There is good mystery, and there is bad mystery. This one is the latter. I usually like how the movies/series directors and writers gradually, in parallel, expose the main characters and the viewers to mystery and its resolve. But this is just too vague. You have no idea what's going on, who's who or what happened before. What little you can understand is rebellious daughters and a controlling, rich mother, and that whole situation takes up most of the show that it becomes boring, fast.

Episode 4 finally brought some much needed actual drama and context. So far the best episode. And you have to laud them for having really amazing soundtrack, but that's about it.

A similar series in its overall theme (small place, murder of a child, people and their tragedies, troubled individuals, secrets, mystery etc) is Broadchurch, and it kinda seems it's where Sharp Objects got its inspiration from. Broadchurch is just miles ahead in every part except that it doesn't have Amy Adams in it. The drama is done much better, there's a lot of mystery as to who might have killed the child, it isn't as vague, the connections and relationships between the characters are much stronger by design, and every episode is pretty interesting. Better soundtrack too. A shame it wasn't as watched because it wasn't shot in the US so it probably didn't have a marketing campaign as expensive or A-list actors.
    I agree on some aspects of your comment - I think it was me, who compared the vibe to True Detective, but I was talking more about the colour palet of scenes and how they introduce characters as the mystery unfolds.
    It is no where near as good as the first season of True Detective, which I think is one of the strongest one-season-wonder ever made. So far I'm pretty interested in the mystery in Sharp Objects and things definitely got pushed forward in episode 4, but I enjoyed how the first three episodes pretty much only tried to develope Amy Adam's character by showing her past, friends, families and so on. Unfortunately I don't think the story is strong enough to only have one main character, although I have a mad crush on Amy Adams and always will have - she's pretty awesome in this show, but so far the story needs another piece/character to move it forward.
    I like how the mystery is pushed in the background for the most part so far as I expect it to unfold through the next couple of episodes. Usually critics get to see the first 4-5 episodes before anyone else and I typically follow Indiewire when it comes to that and they praise it and its tempo; Sure, it does feel very slow at times, but I always get the sense that we're learning something about the characters.

With all that being said, it's neither revolutionary nor trying to be. If I REALLY want to watch something which gets me going I'll turn to season 1 of True Detective again.

At least it's better than Alexa & Katie on Netflix

Last Online
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Denmark
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeRunner_ View Post
    [videyoutube;VpvsdVg2YVU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpvsdVg2YVU&t=7s]movie[/URL]
    Some deep shit right there. So relatable.

True Detective S1 was truly incredible. Had urges recently to rewatch it... and The Wire.
    I remember watching this scene for the first time:

It gave me the f*cking chills

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Katadunkass For This Useful Post:

BladeRunner_ (08-01-2018)

Last Online
    Today @ 13:53 PM
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,208x in 2,539 Posts
    Netherlands
    Watching Dark Tourist on Netflix. Love this documentary!
    My CD Collection:

1000 items and rising

http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=PegaSus2k6

Last Online
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Denmark
    Quote Originally Posted by PegaSus View Post
    Watching Dark Tourist on Netflix. Love this documentary!
    Did you ever get to see Tickled?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Katadunkass For This Useful Post:

PegaSus (07-31-2018)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Katadunkass View Post
    Did you ever get to see Tickled?
    Hmm no.. looks interesting!! Will take a look. Thnx!
    My CD Collection:

1000 items and rising

Last Online
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Denmark
    Quote Originally Posted by PegaSus View Post
    Hmm no.. looks interesting!! Will take a look. Thnx!
    No problemo - I absolutely LOVE that documentary

Last Online
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    As for True Detective, this scene, this entire episode, made the show for me and made me really love it. Really resonated with me.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by Katadunkass View Post
    I agree on some aspects of your comment - I think it was me, who compared the vibe to True Detective, but I was talking more about the colour palet of scenes and how they introduce characters as the mystery unfolds.
    It is no where near as good as the first season of True Detective, which I think is one of the strongest one-season-wonder ever made. So far I'm pretty interested in the mystery in Sharp Objects and things definitely got pushed forward in episode 4, but I enjoyed how the first three episodes pretty much only tried to develope Amy Adam's character by showing her past, friends, families and so on. Unfortunately I don't think the story is strong enough to only have one main character, although I have a mad crush on Amy Adams and always will have - she's pretty awesome in this show, but so far the story needs another piece/character to move it forward.
    I like how the mystery is pushed in the background for the most part so far as I expect it to unfold through the next couple of episodes. Usually critics get to see the first 4-5 episodes before anyone else and I typically follow Indiewire when it comes to that and they praise it and its tempo; Sure, it does feel very slow at times, but I always get the sense that we're learning something about the characters.

With all that being said, it's neither revolutionary nor trying to be. If I REALLY want to watch something which gets me going I'll turn to season 1 of True Detective again.

At least it's better than Alexa & Katie on Netflix
    Well that's ok if you enjoy it - I wouldn't say I don't enjoy it at all myself; what, it's just 45 minutes per week I'd spend on something else otherwise. I just thought it was too messy, and it didn't have that something, what True Detective had (see post above) - and yes, that includes two amazingly written main characters. Just feels like there's something missing, or the characters don't really resonate with me at all.

The originality is the other part, and you mentioned that as well. It's kinda bothering me, but I also watch Six so what the hell do I know. I admit my feelings towards SO may be partly influenced by my lack of interest in its story and characters.

Going back to Broadchurch, one side character's story and his tragedy nearly brought me to tears, which doesn't ever happen, and the amount of sadness and anger I had when I had heard his full story and watched it unfold is really only comparable to that scene from Schindler's List, where we get a comparison of a (Jewish) life and a single button/cufflink or whatever it was, and the underlying tragedy of that. That is really hard to achieve, and so far I haven't felt a thing in regards to a single character on SO, except frustration.

Alan has the potential for being a really tragic character, especially from what we've seen in the latest episode, but we'll see how it unfolds. At least they made me want to watch the next one.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

Katadunkass (08-01-2018)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    Sharp Objects
    After a few minutes of episode 5 - albeit with the help of HBO GO website being really dumb and unresponsive - I got so frustrated that I stopped watching the show. If something truly interesting happens, you guys let me know, although the chances of me continuing to watch the series are really, really slim. Just not for me, I guess. I got so disappointed, because (spoilers) the episode 4 ending seemed to be just 'click-bait' (end spoilers).

Last Online
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Netherlands
    Reaching the end of Ozark season 2. Have to say it's not really enjoyable at all. Annoying characters and a boring plot are ruining the experience for me. Season 1 was great, so they pretty much f*cked up imo. Bateman's acting is horrendous in this season, thinking about that. Did he really had some good roles in his life?
    My CD Collection:

1000 items and rising

Last Online
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Netherlands
    Want to start with "Maniac" today. Any good? @Katadunkass
    My CD Collection:

1000 items and rising

Last Online
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    I know I'm way too late for the party, but I started watching House of Cards recently. Already halfway through season 2. Love it. Although I don't like how they added a new dimension to Franks character (you'll know what I'm talking about when I say Peter Russo and Zoe Barnes, don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't watched yet). But they made it work. The series is very addictive, I'm really enjoying it.