Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Thread: Having a spot of trouble with CDJ-350

IDriveFast2Trance Guest

Having a spot of trouble with CDJ-350

Hello,

I just bought a Pioneer 250-pack, where I have a DJM-250 and two CDJ-350. Along with the bundle I got the Rekordbox program. It doesn't seem that Rekordbox is compatible with the CDJ-350 when I plug the mixers into my PC via USB cable. When I do, the mixer will not work with Rekordbox and the displays tell me 'Control Mode Connect'.

What does that mean and what DJ software works with the CDJ-350 if connected to a PC via USB Cable? Traktor 2.0 for example does not work with a CDJ-350 as well, having the CDJ-400 as the 'lowest ranked' mixer as compatible.

Also, when I have just a USB stick plugged into the CDJ-350 and I'm playing a track, when I go to hit 'Play/Pause', the track stops but is replaced by a harsh, chopping noise; a constant sound of a CD skipping. Now, this worries me and was wondering if anyone knew why this is occurring?

Thank you.
    Last edited by IDriveFast2Trance; 05-19-2012 at 15:16 PM.

Last Online
    06-11-2012 @ 19:29 PM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts
    Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by IDriveFast2Trance View Post
    Hello,

I just bought a Pioneer 250-pack, where I have a DJM-250 and two CDJ-350. Along with the bundle I got the Rekordbox program. It doesn't seem that Rekordbox is compatible with the CDJ-350 when I plug the mixers into my PC via USB cable. When I do, the mixer will not work with Rekordbox and the displays tell me 'Control Mode Connect'.

What does that mean and what DJ software works with the CDJ-350 if connected to a PC via USB Cable? Traktor 2.0 for example does not work with a CDJ-350 as well, having the CDJ-400 as the 'lowest ranked' mixer as compatible.
    Rekordbox is not meant to be used live with the turntables. Rekordbox is used to manage your music, and analyze the songs for BPM, wave data, etc..
    As far as I know the only tables that integrate with Rekordbox for live mixing are the CDJ-2000s (althought I may be wrong). I personally own the CDJ-850s and I use rekordbox only to manage all my tracks, playlist, etc.. and to actually transfer them to my USBs.

Quote Originally Posted by IDriveFast2Trance View Post
    Also, when I have just a USB stick plugged into the CDJ-350 and I'm playing a track, when I go to hit 'Play/Pause', the track stops but is replaced by a harsh, chopping noise; a constant sound of a CD skipping. Now, this worries me and was wondering if anyone knew why this is occurring?
    That is the correct behaviour for CD mode, my tables do this too. I'm not sure if the CDJ-350s have vinyl mode but if they do then if you use this mode the song will not skip when hitting 'Play/Pause'. Nothing to worry about here.

I suggest you read your manual.