Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: M.I.K.E. - Més que un club [High Contrast Recordings]

Last Online
    12-16-2012 @ 02:18 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 24x in 15 Posts
    United States
    I stand corrected, let me rephrase "that is not good music"

And what, you think that just because you like something it's automatically good music? It's a psychoacoustic effect that makes the human brain become accustomed to and even sometimes enjoy anything they hear for a prolonged amount of time. Be it your annoying neighbors yelling every morning, the goddamn train that comes by my house every 20minutes which I don't even notice anymore, or an annoying pop song that I hear everywhere I go, that now sounds catchy...That is the entire concept behind the radio...instead of making unique good songs which are hard to reproduce, they have created a "pop" formula that almost every single song abides by and the songs are made as simple as possible to attract people who have no understanding of music or anything complex and to keep them hooked since every song sounds the same

And yes, yes you do need a music theory book to tell you what to like...That is not to say that if a song doesn't 100% abide by theory then it's crap, that is not the case but you need rules to point you in the right direction. I have learned a LOT of theory in the past few years and my overall appreciation of music has increased to an insane degree...I understand music much more, songs I used to like I appreciate and like even more, and a few other songs I used to like I no longer like since I realized they are in poor taste...I am much happier with music and feel a lot more connected than when I was ignorant...

And frankly there are WAY too many "artists' and WAY too many songs out there for them all to be good, some are shit some are great and there obviously is a list of rules defining what is good and what is bad...you have your own list, everybody has their own list since it's human nature to categorize and judge automatically. the moment you hear a song you automatically judge it with that subconscious list...and that is the point of theory, the summation of those rules after countless years made by people who actually know what they're doing

Also music isn't only for pure enjoyment, it's also to increase intelligence as well as emotional connection with the arts...It's been proven that some classical music increases intellect especially at an early age, that is why parents make babies listen to classical music and not "Niki Minaj - Stupid Hoe" or "Skillex - Kill Everybody"...It's also been proven that some music increases primal aggressive emotion while others stimulate other emotions... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozart_effect read this

I'm sure you'll again pass this entirely off as "snobbism" because that is what the ignorant always do and go back to your heroine party but you have to understand that music is the strongest medium in existance, more than painting, more than poetry, etc... because it speaks directly to the soul of the person...thus it deserves respect and a degree of knowledge. I see way too many people that don't care about music unless it gets them laid or unless they're high out of their minds, that is disgusting and even if you don't do any of that you aren't any better because you're just using it without caring about it's fundamentals

Last Online
    06-20-2014 @ 12:03 PM
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 24x in 16 Posts
    Sweden
    You dig way to deep. Bottom line is: I listen to what music i think sounds good and makes me feel good.

And no, i don't consider that article "snobbism".

Would you stop with the personal stuff already? Getting quite annoying.

Last Online
    12-16-2012 @ 02:18 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 24x in 15 Posts
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ^JASON View Post
    You dig way to deep. Bottom line is: I listen to what music i think sounds good and makes me feel good.

And no, i don't consider that article "snobbism".

Would you stop with the personal stuff already? Getting quite annoying.
    see that's the problem right there, you think music is a shallow subject...it's deeper than anything you'll ever know

and you called me a snob...