Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Thread: Mastering DJ Mixes in Ableton Live

Last Online
    11-17-2019 @ 12:43 PM
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,315x in 776 Posts
    Ireland

Mastering DJ Mixes in Ableton Live

I need serious help with this, all my transitions seem distorted and bassy when working one track into another. Beatmatching is absolutely no problem, but the mix itself sounds quite loud and unprofessional. Just want to know how other DJ's keep transitions so neat and no noticeable volume changes and EQ'ing.

I've used effects like Limiter and changed the automation so that the bass is not muffling the Mid and High channels. Hope someone can give me tips on this! Cheers!
    FILTH_PODCAST_[x].mp3

Last Online
    10-31-2012 @ 01:55 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts
    United States
    Not all songs sound good when you transition them. Look at the wavelength and decide where you want it to come in. I like when the words or the beat kicks in. If your doing house music i recommend slow transition. Slowly taking the bass out of song 1 and then moving onto song 2. For songs the words start away (like most pop music). i recommend putting the fader in the middle and then moving quick to song 2. Always listen and get familar with your songs before you mix them. I hope that helps