Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!
Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858636465666768
Results 1,006 to 1,014 of 1014

Thread: The Gaming Thread - Part 3

Last Online
    Today @ 20:24 PM
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,232x in 1,540 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Being playing Witcher 3 for many months now but not thinking i'm gonna stop playing now. I'm maybe 70% through the main story. Although the game is a visual and interactive storytelling masterpiece, its far too easy, even on the hardest difficulty, meaning I no longer feel challenged. It also takes a shit ton of you time in life and not sure if the pay-off matches it. I also have un-fathomable amounts of coin, items and materials which I never use (don't have any need too) so find lots of the game pointless.

Like most open world games today it has mastered creating a stunning and mind-boggling detailed world to explore...truly I was left in awe at times... but the gameplay cannot match it in its greatness. To easy, repetitive or drawn out. 7.6/10

Last Online
    Today @ 23:02 PM
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,368x in 1,750 Posts
    Serbia
    Finished Far Cry 5. Damn what an ending.
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

PegaSus (05-10-2018)

Last Online
    Today @ 20:25 PM
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 143x in 110 Posts
    Bulgaria

\

Last Online
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Started playing ArmA 3 (Apex Edition) again.

The infantry part, along with the air and artillery support is so boring. I rather prefer special operations, namely raiding houses, saving hostages and killing bad guys - so that means mostly Close Quarter Combat (CQC). I also like marksmanship.

So I got a few shoot/kill houses for training. There's a lot of houses, with rooms, targets and hostages inside. I'm actually getting quite good at clearing houses that way. But it's a team sport, and bots don't know how to do that. Plus, the targets are static and I can't really test my accuracy that way - I want to be able to shoot in the heart region, or in the head, all with a double-tap. Targets also fall when they are shot once, and unless you are patient enough to check each one of them, you can't really see the average accuracy or something.

Can't get my brother to play, it's all boring to him - to sneak up on enemies, kill them, get the hostages and leave. He probably wants explosions, fireworks, chaos, all kinds of vehicles and everything.

Already have one mission, where, with a DEVGRU platoon I equipped myself, I try to rescue 2 hostages from an enemy-infested airport. It's got all - marksmanship, shooting and CQC. A big plus is that the positions of the hostages and enemies are a bit randomized so you don't know what to expect where. It's a lot harder than training in the kill houses, and understandably so. Once again, if I played with 8-9 different people, it'd be much much better, since we could have different tasks, separating ourselves into sniper/marksman teams, and shooters/assaulters, maybe even from different positions. I'm also editing and trying to make some missions myself, but it's hard and requires a bit of coding, for which you have to understand the syntax and game logic.

The worst part is, I'd love to join an online server and play with other people. But, I can't.

Last Online
    Today @ 23:08 PM
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,256x in 2,115 Posts
    Denmark
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    Started playing ArmA 3 (Apex Edition) again.

The infantry part, along with the air and artillery support is so boring. I rather prefer special operations, namely raiding houses, saving hostages and killing bad guys - so that means mostly Close Quarter Combat (CQC). I also like marksmanship.

So I got a few shoot/kill houses for training. There's a lot of houses, with rooms, targets and hostages inside. I'm actually getting quite good at clearing houses that way. But it's a team sport, and bots don't know how to do that. Plus, the targets are static and I can't really test my accuracy that way - I want to be able to shoot in the heart region, or in the head, all with a double-tap. Targets also fall when they are shot once, and unless you are patient enough to check each one of them, you can't really see the average accuracy or something.

Can't get my brother to play, it's all boring to him - to sneak up on enemies, kill them, get the hostages and leave. He probably wants explosions, fireworks, chaos, all kinds of vehicles and everything.

Already have one mission, where, with a DEVGRU platoon I equipped myself, I try to rescue 2 hostages from an enemy-infested airport. It's got all - marksmanship, shooting and CQC. A big plus is that the positions of the hostages and enemies are a bit randomized so you don't know what to expect where. It's a lot harder than training in the kill houses, and understandably so. Once again, if I played with 8-9 different people, it'd be much much better, since we could have different tasks, separating ourselves into sniper/marksman teams, and shooters/assaulters, maybe even from different positions. I'm also editing and trying to make some missions myself, but it's hard and requires a bit of coding, for which you have to understand the syntax and game logic.

The worst part is, I'd love to join an online server and play with other people. But, I can't.
    How's the singleplayer mode for ArmA 3?

Just finished Gris - jesus christ this game hit me hard. What an astonishing game and the score is perfect. Would pretty much recommend to everyone. Heartfelt, cute, sad, happy and everything in between. Just superb and definitely one of the best games I've played in recent years.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by Katadunkass View Post
    How's the singleplayer mode for ArmA 3?
    It's pretty ok I guess, if you're into all of what it has to offer. It's pretty realistic, though again - bots. At one point you just get enough of 'em and want to move on to multiplayer.

And for that (and for my CQC needs), I got Insurgency. It was at a pretty big discount, paid 4$ on Steam for 2 copies. I join the servers a few times a week, have up to 20 minutes of fun until I get pissed or it gets boring and then I turn it off. It's not nearly as technical, as realistic or as diverse as ArmA 3 - but it's a lot more dynamic (like Counter Strike or CoD etc) which makes it fun but at some point that dynamism gets boring.

Plus, the crowd is different as here, there are no missions or anything and the game is very simple so everyone just goes around and shoots whatever's moving. With ArmA, I think the online players are a bit more serious as it's more mission-based and usually there's no respawn so when you get killed you just have to sit out a very long mission. So, the emphasis is more on strategy, tactics and teamwork.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

Katadunkass (02-07-2019)

Last Online
    Today @ 20:25 PM
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 143x in 110 Posts
    Bulgaria
    Keanu in Cyberpunk 2077

Last Online
    Today @ 23:08 PM
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,256x in 2,115 Posts
    Denmark
    ^Watching E3 yesterday this was all I could think about - holy f*ck they know how to build up hype.

Last Online
    Today @ 23:44 PM
    Mentioned
    538 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,225x in 2,552 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Katadunkass View Post
    ^Watching E3 yesterday this was all I could think about - holy f*ck they know how to build up hype.

My CD Collection:

1000 items and rising

http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=PegaSus2k6