Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: How to create your own mixes?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 15:06 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,230
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    142
    Thanked 417x in 271 Posts
    Hong Kong

    How to create your own mixes?

    Basically I want to create a mix/set consisting of my favourite songs. I have no prior knowledge of DJing, and minimal equipment, so is it possible to create one just using software on the computer? Any recommended software and tips as to how I should do this?

  2. #2
    Alex E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    07-11-2016 @ 00:22 AM
    Location
    Casa del Jogador
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Posts
    7,470
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    337
    Thanked 772x in 526 Posts
    Netherlands
    You can use Ableton. When I started out, I used only that and my mouse to mix. I actually still do that sometimes with certain pop mixes and such. Ableton costs hundreds of dollars though. Maybe you can find a free version but I can't help you with that. Afterwards, you should check out Youtube for how to mix with it. It takes time though.
    My first track, let me know what you think!


    Please give me feedback, I want to get better


    Oh and don't be afraid to go to my Facebook page and hit like button, it's there for a reason

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 15:06 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,230
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    142
    Thanked 417x in 271 Posts
    Hong Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex E View Post
    You can use Ableton. When I started out, I used only that and my mouse to mix. I actually still do that sometimes with certain pop mixes and such. Ableton costs hundreds of dollars though. Maybe you can find a free version but I can't help you with that. Afterwards, you should check out Youtube for how to mix with it. It takes time though.
    Cool. I found out that they have a 40% discount on the Standard version (which i qualify) and tempting it may be, 200 euros is still something to think about. How would you compare them with other software like Reason, in terms of creating mixes and producing? Is Ableton more accessible to beginners like me?

  4. #4
    Alex E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    07-11-2016 @ 00:22 AM
    Location
    Casa del Jogador
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Posts
    7,470
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    337
    Thanked 772x in 526 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by PeenutsDx View Post
    Cool. I found out that they have a 40% discount on the Standard version (which i qualify) and tempting it may be, 200 euros is still something to think about. How would you compare them with other software like Reason, in terms of creating mixes and producing? Is Ableton more accessible to beginners like me?
    I think it is but opinions always differ on these things. Check out demos, youtube vids etc. to make your own decision.
    My first track, let me know what you think!


    Please give me feedback, I want to get better


    Oh and don't be afraid to go to my Facebook page and hit like button, it's there for a reason

  5. #5
    Thijs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    12-07-2019 @ 16:49 PM
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Posts
    10,236
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    1,832
    Thanked 2,275x in 1,597 Posts
    Netherlands
    You will need a mixer if you want to make mixes


    Happiness is everywhere, but it's never complete...

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 15:06 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,230
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    142
    Thanked 417x in 271 Posts
    Hong Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by thijsje View Post
    You will need a mixer if you want to make mixes


    image
    Thanks so much!!! I knew this was the thing I needed all along

Similar Threads

  1. [NYC]TRANCE UNITED w/ HEATBEAT, ESTIVA, ARCTIC MOON, MARK SHERRY, NIFRA, STATIC & BASS
    By limitlessmusic in forum Trance Events, Parties and Festivals
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2013, 21:47 PM
  2. Welcome to The Smokin' Lounge (Hosted by Smokin-J)
    By SmokinJ in forum User-made Trance DJ sets
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-29-2008, 08:09 AM
  3. HOW do you listen to trance?
    By supraru in forum Music Related Discussion
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03-08-2008, 02:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •