Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Thread: Why is OS X better with Traktor than Windows?

Last Online
    07-11-2016 @ 00:22 AM
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 772x in 526 Posts
    Netherlands

Why is OS X better with Traktor than Windows?

I always hear complaints about Traktor on Windows. Friends of mine bought laptops for DJ-ing but just can't use them for it and have now gone back to the turntables. Traktor on Windows seems to just suck too much. But on OS X, it runs like a charm!

So, why is this? Anyone with more tech in their brains able to explain that? Thanks in advance.

@Darren
    Last edited by Alex E; 12-15-2013 at 18:22 PM.
    My first track, let me know what you think!

Please give me feedback, I want to get better

Oh and don't be afraid to go to my Facebook page and hit like button, it's there for a reason

Last Online
    04-25-2016 @ 09:56 AM
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,210x in 799 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex E View Post
    I always hear complaints about Traktor on Windows. Friends of mine bought laptops for DJ-ing but just can't use them for it and have now gone back to the turntables. Traktor on Windows seems to just suck too much. But on OS X, it runs like a charm!

So, why is this? Anyone with more tech in their brains able to explain that? Thanks in advance.

@Darren
    Define 'suck too much' I know nothing about Traktor.

Basically you're running closed software on a closed operating system locked down like Mordor with licenses and DRM restrictions.

'Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety' - Benjamin Franklin

Last Online
    07-11-2016 @ 00:22 AM
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 772x in 526 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Define 'suck too much' I know nothing about Traktor.

Basically you're running closed software on a closed operating system locked down like Mordor with licenses and DRM restrictions.

Suck too much = issues with sound (skips, artefacts) and latency problems. But I don't really understand what you're saying about closed software on a closed system etc. It works on OS X (closed down etc. just as well) so that's not really the issue.
    My first track, let me know what you think!

Please give me feedback, I want to get better

Oh and don't be afraid to go to my Facebook page and hit like button, it's there for a reason

Last Online
    04-25-2016 @ 09:56 AM
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,210x in 799 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex E View Post
    Suck too much = issues with sound (skips, artefacts) and latency problems. But I don't really understand what you're saying about closed software on a closed system etc. It works on OS X (closed down etc. just as well) so that's not really the issue.
    That sounds like hardware / software configuration issues and it's not something you or I can solve without diving into logs to see what is causing them. I don't have the knowledge to help you with that I am afraid.
    'Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety' - Benjamin Franklin