Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trancefix Music Channel

Last Online
    06-22-2019 @ 19:58 PM
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 528x in 324 Posts
    Bulgaria

Trancefix Music Channel

It would be amazing if Trancefix had it's own music channel.

Still not sure where (Soundcloud, Youtube, Spotify..), but there could be a great database with productions, mixes or another works by the Trancefix Members.

I think the most appropriate places are Soundcloud & Spotify, but first one requires "Pro Subscription" & the second one creates copyright issues.

The idea is to upload the most interesting from the TF members, carefully selected by moderadors (not everything can be uploaded - this way we will keep quality & avoid a mess).

Let's first discuss the idea, and If you guys are in, we will talk about where we can create the channel.

Graphic Designer from Bulgaria. Electronic lover.
    I've worked with some great DJ's.
    Portfolio here: www.dragomirbojkilov.com

Last Online
    11-18-2018 @ 20:28 PM
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,506x in 982 Posts
    Netherlands
    You can use the Youtube playlist function for this? Just add tracks uploaded by the TF producers into the "TranceFix" playlist and you're done?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Puppetmaster For This Useful Post:

Halon (03-10-2014), Sunshine (01-03-2014)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Bulgaria
    Quote Originally Posted by Puppetmaster View Post
    You can use the Youtube playlist function for this? Just add tracks uploaded by the TF producers into the "TranceFix" playlist and you're done?
    Well youtube kinda sucks if you wanna switch to another part of the track/set. Also, playlist is not the best solution I think. I was talking about something like the Armada Channel or something. Also, the site has become messy with the Google + comment system.

The idea is to have a friendly interface/channel, and to invite people to visit it regularly

Last Online
    10-31-2019 @ 18:26 PM
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,275x in 1,597 Posts
    Netherlands
    I like the idea but....

Quote Originally Posted by N7pSTR View Post
    The idea is to have a friendly interface/channel, and to invite people to visit it regularly
    Question is: do they? I mean, most of the trance hubs are crowded with the same core of people. I'm not sure if you can start and reach a really big fanbase which is big enough to do it. Aside of that you'll need a dedicated team who will generate content. I know that's already a challenge for trancefix forums. So it's gonna be tough if you wanna do it
    Happiness is everywhere, but it's never complete...

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 22:44 PM
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,383x in 1,762 Posts
    Serbia
    I like the idea, but I would like the channel not to be on Spotify, because it is not available in my country.

And it would be hard to get a fanbase which is big enough, TF has only 4K fans on Facebook, but I'm not sure even a quarter of them would listen to the uploaded works.

Of course, it would be hard to create enough content. The mixes don't take so much time to make as productions do. If it becomes bigger, it could be a good thing for promoting both TF and their members.

If this idea comes to light, we should make a contest for creating an intro track for every video/audio, and the official artwork & such things. I'm for YouTube, it's free and simple. Separate mixes, productions & whatever else into playlists. Admins who upload and choose, moderators who choose, and everybody who can gives their contributions. Maybe every week/month, mods choose somebody (and it should always be somebody else) to make a 15/20/30 minutes long podcasts of new tracks, their favourite tracks, classics... Maybe remix contests again, with 30 days deadline, and every month we announce a winner. Let's make this a creation of TF members. Just brainstorming here. Will throw some more ideas as soon as I think of one.

It is quite a good idea, I'm in!
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

Halon (03-10-2014), N7pSTR (01-03-2014)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Bulgaria
    Sure.. it's not an easy work. Soundcloud is the most apropriate place.

There could be some sections, as example:

Mixes
    TF Radioshow
    Tracks
    Remixes
    Bootlegs

The difficult thing is writing the rules for the submission, because we have to keep some level ot quality.

Also, if there are going to be moderadors for this, listening the inbox is a job itself.

We need a good reaction from most of the Trancefix family

Last Online
    12-05-2017 @ 11:33 AM
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,081x in 694 Posts
    Denmark
    Why does it have to be moderators who are in charge of this? Not to sound negative but we have enough to do already taking care of the front page, preventing trolls from destroying the forum etc.
    if we can find people who have the passion and excitement for this, for example yourself and @Gagi who have claimed interest in this project, you can be the TMC crew in charge of it, you filter and select the sets etc for this. Or take it even further and involve the entire trancefix community in this when it comes to selecting, they can vote/rate their favorite sets and which they'd like to hear online. Involving more people means more exposure = more involvement = growing bigger.

one thing to keep in mind though is the restriction of the different hosts. YouTube has limitations to track lengths, spotify isn't available in all countries, soundcloud probably has some limitations as well.
    pure love for my TranceFix family

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK and TWITTER

Life is made of small moments like these

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunshine For This Useful Post:

N7pSTR (01-03-2014)

Last Online
    11-18-2018 @ 20:28 PM
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,506x in 982 Posts
    Netherlands
    Thinking about the possible effects... moving or copying content into another website could mean less discussions on the forum about that content. Dont think thats a good effect for the TF forum.

Maybe a TF radioshow on AH would be a better idea. Spread the TF name also via another partner AND promoting various artists via the radioshow. Would requires less work as well.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Puppetmaster For This Useful Post:

N7pSTR (01-03-2014), Thijs (01-03-2014)

Last Online
    10-31-2019 @ 18:26 PM
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,275x in 1,597 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    one thing to keep in mind though is the restriction of the different hosts. YouTube has limitations to track lengths, spotify isn't available in all countries, soundcloud probably has some limitations as well.
    1) At least don't forget to be creative, and bring quality. Many amateurs can reach a certain level, but that doesn't say it's professional and reaches a big crowd.
    2) What's your target with it?
    3) And don't forget licensing. I mean if you play certain tracks in a mix, it's possible the entire mix get blocked in certain countries because it's not allowed to stream/upload them to youtube etc. Even if they are in a mix.
    Happiness is everywhere, but it's never complete...

Last Online
    11-10-2019 @ 13:58 PM
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,256x in 2,115 Posts
    Denmark
    soundcloud probably has some limitations as well.
    Free user: Upload 2 hours total
    €3/month: Upload 4 hours total
    €9/month: Upload unlimited* tracks

*Single sound file sizes are limited to 2GB and total upload time per week is limited to 30 hours.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Katadunkass For This Useful Post:

Sunshine (01-03-2014)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Why does it have to be moderators who are in charge of this? Not to sound negative but we have enough to do already taking care of the front page, preventing trolls from destroying the forum etc.
    if we can find people who have the passion and excitement for this, for example yourself and @Gagi who have claimed interest in this project, you can be the TMC crew in charge of it, you filter and select the sets etc for this. Or take it even further and involve the entire trancefix community in this when it comes to selecting, they can vote/rate their favorite sets and which they'd like to hear online. Involving more people means more exposure = more involvement = growing bigger.

I wouldn't have anything against me being in charge of it, amongst with other people. I just didn't want to sound too pushy, I always avoid that. I understand that admins and mods are busy taking care of the forum, and that's fine. The biggest problem would be the contributors, I don't see anyone has written that they will actually send their works. The idea is great, but I think the realization will not be as we imagined it. It's fine for mixes, but productions (be it original ones, remixes/bootlegs) take a lot of time and skills to make, and we don't have a large amount of semi-pro/pro producers here who can constantly supply us with their works.

Alright, if anyone can give their contribution, I would like for them to write here what would it be. For example: mixes/podcasts, productions (originals, remixes/bootlegs), pictures and artworks, promoting... This way we'll be able to see if we have enough for start. As it gets more popular, the more people will contribute, of course.

Last Online
    12-05-2017 @ 11:33 AM
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,081x in 694 Posts
    Denmark
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    The biggest problem would be the contributors, I don't see anyone has written that they will actually send their works. The idea is great, but I think the realization will not be as we imagined it. It's fine for mixes
    well this was posted yesterday evening, not everyone is online every day plus I think you should try posting this in the DJ/producers section as well, it's probably the best place to find contributors to this project. http://www.trancefix.nl/forumdisplay...erated-Content
    pure love for my TranceFix family

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK and TWITTER

Life is made of small moments like these

Last Online
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    well this was posted yesterday evening, not everyone is online every day plus I think you should try posting this in the DJ/producers section as well, it's probably the best place to find contributors to this project. http://www.trancefix.nl/forumdisplay...erated-Content
    Started 2 new threads, and here they are:

For DJ sets
    For productions

I don't think a lot of people see this at all, but we'll just wait.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

Sunshine (01-04-2014)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Bulgaria
    Ok, It makes sense.

Sunshine, I didn't mean TF Forum Moderatores, I wanted to say that there should be named some moderatores to pick between the tracks & the sets.

Creating a YouTube Channel for the tracks (we have a lot of great producers.. Galerdi, for example), will be a great idea to promote the stuff from the TF Members.

Also, a radioshow is a very nice idea!

Episodes can be uploaded on a free Souncloud Account (and old episodes can be requested or uploaded on Dropbox). Maybe some day we will able to get a Pro Account, but yeah.. it's 99$ per year

If we can broadcast on AH, as Puppermaster said, that would be amazing.

There are a lot of members who will collaborate with tracks & mixes.

Last Online
    11-10-2019 @ 13:58 PM
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,256x in 2,115 Posts
    Denmark
    Quote Originally Posted by N7pSTR View Post
    Episodes can be uploaded on a free Souncloud Account (and old episodes can be requested or uploaded on Dropbox). Maybe some day we will able to get a Pro Account, but yeah.. it's 99$ per year
    To be fair we can make it a weekly thing. That way a free account is fine and we can even make a two hour set with 3-4 mixers.