Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Musical direction of this forum

Last Online
    06-06-2017 @ 21:09 PM
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 462x in 273 Posts
    Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Thijsje View Post
    Which specific changes would you make to the forum then?
    I already posted some suggestions regarding the upcoming release section and regarding the radioshow section

Last Online
    @
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 789x in 568 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertz View Post
    People post lots of dancepop and bigroom into the trance section aswell. New Armin album, new Emery album for example... so in this regard the non-trance section hasnt done its job. If someone would post new Guetta or Avicii album, most likely the thread would be removed, even though its musically the same as those so called trance guys do - so why do they recieve a special treaty when the forum should be neutral in this regard ?

Also many people think that certain progressive house or techno is trancier than modern commercial trance, would it be allowed to post in the trance section or the non-trance section...? By the current forum structure this is totally not clear.

Despite that i don't think any personal interest what this or that producer is now doing should play any role here, for me its the just the music that matters.

Trancefix thankfully distinguishes quite alot from other trance-communities like for example "#trancefamily" already. Otherwise i certainly wouldnt be here. However what the trance scene really needs to do is to get away from those former trance guys and look for new music instead and thats what my suggestions are about.
    If you like it or not..... Avicii or Guetta is not a trance DJ
    Armin and Emery are even though you call it dancepop
    So in that regard it should be posted in the New Releases section.

Problem is though.... What someone calls trance is a different genre for someone else

Last Online
    10-07-2019 @ 23:14 PM
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,275x in 1,597 Posts
    Netherlands
    I already posted some suggestions regarding the upcoming release section and regarding the radioshow section
    Took me quite some searching, but do you mean genre prefixes for the upcoming release section?

Afaik @Wesley is experimenting with tags, that might solve your first question

Last Online
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Thijsje View Post
    Took me quite some searching, but do you mean genre prefixes for the upcoming release section?

Afaik @Wesley is experimenting with tags, that might solve your first question
    Yes, i think it would be great to have a better classification for upcoming releases, ofcourse it would be even better if beatport had that but well thats most likely not going to happen :P We could send a clear sign against "Genre-hijacking" which is imo one of the biggest issues of the current EDM Scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Addict-In-Trance View Post
    If you like it or not..... Avicii or Guetta is not a trance DJ
    Armin and Emery are even though you call it dancepop
    Either all of these guys are trance or none of them, because their music is completely the same. I dont classify genres by names for me the music matters.

Last Online
    @
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 789x in 568 Posts
    Netherlands
    Don't know..... But if you really think Guetta qualifies as trance then I got a facepalm!
    It is Dance music, so in that context their music is the same.
    But Guetta and Avicii are clearly producing other music then Armin van Buuren

Last Online
    08-17-2015 @ 15:51 PM
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 655x in 451 Posts
    Poland
    Problem is though.... What someone calls trance is a different genre for someone else
    That applies to almost every electronic genre. It's too vast and people are not curious enough to know from what exact genre particular track is. Problem is the same in Dubstep, in House music it's even bigger, calling Guetta a House DJ is like calling Armin a Trance DJ. Thye used to produce music from their genres, but everyone knows what they're playing nowadays.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to asteski For This Useful Post:

Qwertz (02-18-2014)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Germany
    But Guetta and Avicii are clearly producing other music then Armin van Buuren
    Clearly not, listen to his recent productions and furthermore the stuff he constantly plays and those guys he promotes the most. Some of them even release their music on hardwells label! Im seriously wondering how much evidence armin fans actually need untill they can finally accept that their idol has become just another sellout-dj.

Quote Originally Posted by asteski View Post
    That applies to almost every electronic genre. It's too vast and people are not curious enough to know from what exact genre particular track is. Problem is the same in Dubstep, in House music it's even bigger, calling Guetta a House DJ is like calling Armin a Trance DJ. Thye used to produce music from their genres, but everyone knows what they're playing nowadays.
    Yep thats the problem. Rule of thumb should always be to put similar music into the same genre and different music into different genres, thats the point of having genres. However this is currently absolutely not the case, various genres have been "occupied" by all the same sounding dancepopcrap. The sad thing about it is that it is very difficult for producers who make that music a genre actually stands for to get any attention because their main platform to promote their music (the genre) now stands for sth completely different !!

Last Online
    Today @ 13:57 PM
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 723x in 456 Posts
    Netherlands
    Clearly not, listen to his recent productions and furthermore the stuff he constantly plays and those guys he promotes the most. Some of them even release their music on hardwells label! Im seriously wondering how much evidence armin fans actually need untill they can finally accept that their idol has become just another sellout-dj.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to J4mie For This Useful Post:

Thijs (02-19-2014)

Last Online
    10-07-2019 @ 23:14 PM
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,275x in 1,597 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by J4mie View Post

Yep true, that's totally distracting me from the topic.... I was trying to find out what the other guys want to change, but that doesn't work if they go off topic again.
    Happiness is everywhere, but it's never complete...

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 13:06 PM
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,256x in 2,115 Posts
    Denmark
    Latest couple of posts have been deleted, now let's get back on topic

Last Online
    Today @ 22:26 PM
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,234x in 1,542 Posts
    United Kingdom
    I think the direction of this site is great. There are solid 'tracks of the year' results and I see most of the support being split with superstar names (expected) and the deeper underground stuff, which notably seems to have a good following on this site. Tep's monthly votes seem to be having consistent quality as well.

Im comparison with other forums and general trance scene, Trancefix is promoting the quality stuff while doing a pretty good job at trying to keep things organized.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hensmon For This Useful Post:

N1ce (04-06-2014), Nemezijus (04-05-2014), Quethas (04-05-2014), Sunshine (04-06-2014), tep (04-06-2014)