Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Thread: Pioneer CDJ 1000 MK3 jogwheel tempo adjust will not stay?

Last Online
    03-10-2014 @ 18:56 PM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts
    United States

Pioneer CDJ 1000 MK3 jogwheel tempo adjust will not stay?

Hello everyone, I am a beginner DJ. When I use the jogwheel of the cdj to increase or decrease the tempo while beatmatching, it just resets automatically. i.e. i spin the jogwheel in reverse to decrease the tempo of the song and it slows it down. I release the jogwheel and then the track resets to it's normal speed. What's going on?? I saw a video somewhere else where a guy explained the closer you are to having both tracks in beat properly, the longer it will take to reset to normal speed when you spin the jog wheel. But if both beats of the track are not in sync, it will revert to normal quickly. However I see no information anywhere else about this. Because my initial impression was that when you spin the jog wheel, the change would stick. Is this how the jogwheel beatmatch tempo adjust supposed to be?

Everything else works fine on the CDJ. The tempo adjust slider, etc. My only concern is the jogwheel adjustment tempo slow down/speed up. Please help clarify this for me.

Also, master tempo is off, and temp reset option are also off.

Last Online
    06-04-2017 @ 16:56 PM
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,065x in 2,348 Posts
    Scotland
    A track will gradually revert back to its original bpm if you leave it for too long. The jog wheel is essentially a brake, it wont permanently alter the tempo of your chosen track. That is the tempo slides job.
    May Mix

Last Online
    03-10-2014 @ 18:56 PM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 0x in 0 Posts
    United States
    Thank you so much, i understand properly now. I had it confused the track would auto adjust and stick in sync based on you spinning the platter. You have cleared it up and taught me properly.