Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22

Thread: veracocha - carte blanche 1999

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    04-20-2019 @ 23:43 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    2,252
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    1,411
    Thanked 767x in 538 Posts
    Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by Contact View Post
    Not to me and most Trance fans who still have the youthful energy in them.
    Music production has developed significantly since this track was released. Just take a look at Jon Hopkins' Singularity from last year. Production-wise it blows away every trance track released during the late 90s.
    Again, I'm not saying Carte Blanche is bad. It is one of the best trance tracks of all time. As someone who is used to music from the current era, however, I'd say Carte Blanche definitely sounds dated.

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:34 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    565
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    277
    Thanked 144x in 118 Posts
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredjan View Post
    Music production has developed significantly since this track was released. Just take a look at Jon Hopkins' Singularity from last year. Production-wise it blows away every trance track released during the late 90s.
    Again, I'm not saying Carte Blanche is bad. It is one of the best trance tracks of all time. As someone who is used to music from the current era, however, I'd say Carte Blanche definitely sounds dated.
    Not with the way ferry makes his tracks these days. It sounds more plastic rather than the track feeling alive.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    04-20-2019 @ 23:43 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    2,252
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    1,411
    Thanked 767x in 538 Posts
    Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by Contact View Post
    Not with the way ferry makes his tracks these days. It sounds more plastic rather than the track feeling alive.
    I wasn't talking about Ferry. It doesn't really matter how he or other Trance producers make their tracks today. They're not the standard by which modern music is evaluated.

  4. #19
    Abel Ramos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:58 AM
    Age
    37
    Gender
    Posts
    1,118
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    428
    Thanked 280x in 214 Posts
    Spain
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredjan View Post
    Music production has developed significantly since this track was released. Just take a look at Jon Hopkins' Singularity from last year. Production-wise it blows away every trance track released during the late 90s.
    Again, I'm not saying Carte Blanche is bad. It is one of the best trance tracks of all time. As someone who is used to music from the current era, however, I'd say Carte Blanche definitely sounds dated.
    For me this track does not sound dated, but indeed ahead of it's time. In fact, (pure) trancers will listen to it in 20 years from now and they will still flip out. Moreover: at this age, the track should show how good trance should be done, if only for the melody.
    What's the problem, that it does not use current and cold machinery? so what? In the same way i prefer a Pontiac GTO '67 to any other current sport car... and i'm not the only one.
    Last edited by Abel Ramos; 02-25-2019 at 05:46 AM.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Abel Ramos For This Useful Post:

    Contact (02-25-2019)

  6. #20

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:34 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    565
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    277
    Thanked 144x in 118 Posts
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Abel Ramos View Post
    For me this track does not sound outdated, but indeed ahead of it's time. In fact, (pure) trancers will listen to it in 20 years from now and they still flip out. Moreover: at this age, the track should show how good trance should be done.
    What's the problem, that it does not use current and cold machinery? so what? In the same way i prefer a Pontiac GTO '67 to any other current sport car... and i'm not the only one.
    This track has the labour of love. You can hear the blood, sweat and tears in it. It's like the steam engine.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Contact For This Useful Post:

    Abel Ramos (02-25-2019)

  8. #21

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:34 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    565
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    277
    Thanked 144x in 118 Posts
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredjan View Post
    I wasn't talking about Ferry. It doesn't really matter how he or other Trance producers make their tracks today. They're not the standard by which modern music is evaluated.
    Then why is it that I don't get tired of listening to it? Mind you, I only discovered the name of this track in 2006, but I still love it now still, so your point is baseless. While technology may have improved, the techniques for producing trance still haven't changed.
    It requires real skills.

  9. #22

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    04-20-2019 @ 23:43 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    2,252
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    1,411
    Thanked 767x in 538 Posts
    Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by Contact View Post
    Then why is it that I don't get tired of listening to it? Mind you, I only discovered the name of this track in 2006, but I still love it now still, so your point is baseless. While technology may have improved, the techniques for producing trance still haven't changed.
    It requires real skills.
    In the post you quoted I wasn't talking about Carte Blanche.
    I agree in that the track itself sounds nice, and sound-wise it's more bearable/organic than any kind of music released today. It is a track which listeners generations from now will uncover and say "damn, that's one hell of a track."
    However, it will always be associated with the signature late '90s electronic music sound. The sounds that characterize this track (its beats, high hats, trance gate, its saw) give away that it is not from the current era. It's just so different from what is released now regardless of how good or bad the stuff from today actually is. That's why I say it sounds dated.
    Last edited by Fredjan; 02-25-2019 at 05:31 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •