Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trance life = Time consuming ?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 19:35 PM
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27x in 23 Posts
    United Kingdom
    What an interesting thread, its not just me then. All about balance, whether that be money or time spent.

I left the scene for a good few years and filled the void with other music. If you like music and a male, generally you will gravitate to some kind of sport, hobby or collecting in life in a big way, it appears to be what males do.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to njroddy For This Useful Post:

Lanto.Trance (06-01-2016)

Last Online
    11-26-2019 @ 00:32 AM
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 48x in 41 Posts
    Vietnam
    Quote Originally Posted by njroddy View Post
    What an interesting thread, its not just me then. All about balance, whether that be money or time spent.

I left the scene for a good few years and filled the void with other music. If you like music and a male, generally you will gravitate to some kind of sport, hobby or collecting in life in a big way, it appears to be what males do.
    LOL. You are true friend

Last Online
    12-03-2019 @ 19:44 PM
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 80x in 74 Posts
    Denmark
    SoundCloud is a great way to discover new music!

Just follow your favourite artists and labels, and you will discover new great music everyday!

Last Online
    02-28-2017 @ 23:29 PM
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts
    Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by J4mie View Post
    I feel the same way, when I discover new music I always want to have heard the track trice over a few days so that the track can grow on me and I'm able to decide whether I like it. Then I download the track, save it, cut the intro and outro out of the track and put it on my iPhone.

Quite time consuming indeed with the amount of releases now.
    How do you cut the intro/outro of the tracks?

Last Online
    11-28-2019 @ 20:34 PM
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 724x in 457 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by snoop53 View Post
    How do you cut the intro/outro of the tracks?
    Fission: http://rogueamoeba.com/fission/

But there are lots of other audio editor tools of course.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to J4mie For This Useful Post:

snoop53 (08-27-2016)

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 20:28 PM
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,259x in 1,562 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by J4mie View Post
    But there are lots of other audio editor tools of course.
    So you create essentially your own radio edits? Interesting. Often for me the opening and ending 2 mins of tracks can be the best bit. You remove the build up completely in my opinion. Is it a storage thing?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hensmon For This Useful Post:

J4mie (08-29-2016)

Last Online
    Today @ 10:13 AM
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,405x in 1,778 Posts
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by Hensmon View Post
    So you create essentially your own radio edits? Interesting. Often for me the opening and ending 2 mins of tracks can be the best bit. You remove the build up completely in my opinion. Is it a storage thing?
    Exactly! Don't understand that at all. Sometimes I get frustrated if the climax doesn't match up to the intro's energy. Intros are sometimes the basis on which I judge tracks.

But you know, depends on the music - and I have exceptions too. Sometimes I wish I had Arksun - Arisen's long intro and outro cut off simply because the breakdown and the climax are amazing - even though it's one of my favourites. If you listen to big-room, I can also argue that intros and outros are almost obsolete. But you can't really do it to every track - especially a trance one.
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

J4mie (08-29-2016)

Last Online
    11-28-2019 @ 20:34 PM
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 724x in 457 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Hensmon View Post
    I don't do it anymore nowadays, because I had enough of editing each track haha. I also always saved the original track so it wasn't related to storage.

It has got more to do with time, by removing a large part of the intro and outro you can listen to more trance tracks in less time. Back in the day I listened to a lot of radio shows and at most trance radio shows you also don't hear the full intro and outro because of the transitions. That never bothered me.

Now I skip the intro and outros manually. When the track starts I fast forward the track a minute or two and when the outro has been going for around 30 seconds I go to the next track. Not very handy as well but better than having to edit each track.

Last Online
    09-02-2017 @ 03:14 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2x in 2 Posts
    Egypt
    I can't agree with you, Trance for me is something like air and water. I listen to Trance every time no matter what I do, working, studying, cleaning, walking, travelling and etc. I can't say that it's time consumer because it pushes me to finish my tasks.
    roseMaryTrance4Life

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosemary For This Useful Post:

Lanto.Trance (08-18-2018)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 48x in 41 Posts
    Vietnam
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary View Post
    I can't agree with you, Trance for me is something like air and water. I listen to Trance every time no matter what I do, working, studying, cleaning, walking, travelling and etc. I can't say that it's time consumer because it pushes me to finish my tasks.
    Its depends, collective so many release everyday sound like bad habits.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 48x in 41 Posts
    Vietnam
    Its really interest to read that topic one more time, after 4 years ago I created. 3:36 AM

But my life changed a lot, after I purchased a MP3 player (smaller). So, I can listen my all favorite mixes in dead time. One more thing, I dont know its good or bad : I don't collect single tracks, album, compilation anymore. Its come from Minimalism topic also ! No more new hobby.

Last Online
    11-23-2019 @ 21:23 PM
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 106x in 81 Posts
    Netherlands
    I suppose it highly depends on what specific shape the hobby takes. I can totally imagen browsing vinyl/cd or beatport hours on end to satisfy the “trance addiction.

for me:

Listening wise I do that while I’m working mostly so it’s not "wasting" my time, in fact its making things more productive. The only distraction I have is occasionally shazaming or writing down a tune for download later.

As for producing.. That’s admittedly a time consuming and expensive hobby at times... but then again it’s also quite therapeutic and does on occasion earn (a little)money...so a mental-health-hobby-business if you will.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 48x in 41 Posts
    Vietnam
    Quote Originally Posted by jetflag View Post
    I suppose it highly depends on what specific shape the hobby takes. I can totally imagen browsing vinyl/cd or beatport hours on end to satisfy the “trance addiction.

for me:

Listening wise I do that while I’m working mostly so it’s not "wasting" my time, in fact its making things more productive. The only distraction I have is occasionally shazaming or writing down a tune for download later.

As for producing.. That’s admittedly a time consuming and expensive hobby at times... but then again it’s also quite therapeutic and does on occasion earn (a little)money...so a mental-health-hobby-business if you will.
    4 years ago, I tried to follow DJ career in my hometown, but its impossible, so I left.

I have a standard job, but still cant leave Trance scene. After so many changes, I minimal it to only listen GDJB everyweek, and not collect new music anymore.

Damn, time so fast ! 2014 - 2019

Last Online
    11-23-2019 @ 21:23 PM
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 106x in 81 Posts
    Netherlands
    A friend of mine from India had the same problem.

There has to be somewhat of a scene in place or enough people/zeitgeist to create one otherwise its an impossible swim upstream. The only alternative available is the internet/international scene but seen as how saturated that is nowadays..

I'm curious though..how is the trance scene in vietnam currently?

Last Online
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 48x in 41 Posts
    Vietnam
    Quote Originally Posted by jetflag View Post
    A friend of mine from India had the same problem.

There has to be somewhat of a scene in place or enough people/zeitgeist to create one otherwise its an impossible swim upstream. The only alternative available is the internet/international scene but seen as how saturated that is nowadays..

I'm curious though..how is the trance scene in vietnam currently?
    I didnt follow Trance scene in Vietnam for long, since earlier 2015. When tropical house first time appear around 2014, 2015, and smartphone age become evolved, I'm exactly not care about Electronic Dance Music community anymore. So many Trance DJ visited Ho Chi Minh city in years ago. Its grow, plus internet grow, so the promoter actually can do their job pretty easy now.

But first, when something was underground, like Trance. Its will always forever and good thing, while I look back. When Trance isnt underground genre anymore, its more mainstream like nowadays, the DJ career become bullshit. DJs everywhere. Haha !