Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This place is becoming quiet

Last Online
    10-19-2019 @ 20:50 PM
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,275x in 1,597 Posts
    Netherlands

This place is becoming quiet

I know I haven't been really active the past months, but I notice quite a difference with ca 6 - 12 months ago in forum activity. Especially the new releases discussion seems to have become more quiet, but also the general talk forums. I've been following the "recent forum post" stats the last couple of days and they show quite some inactivity.

For me as a reporter I sometimes wonder if people really read the articles that we publish on the frontpage, do we get read? And more importantly, how can we communicate our little community better to the people outta there?

I'm curious about your point of view and suggestions how we can attract more people to visit the site regularly. Maybe we can form a communication strategy by learning from other weblogs and organizations.

I know we have managed with a little group to get our trance classics subforum becoming alive so we should be able to fix this as well
    Last edited by Thijs; 12-22-2014 at 16:55 PM.
    Happiness is everywhere, but it's never complete...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Thijs For This Useful Post:

Hensmon (12-23-2014)

Last Online
    11-18-2018 @ 19:28 PM
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,506x in 982 Posts
    Netherlands
    I think it would be cool if we would have a bigger events section where u could find photos, reviews, videos, live sets, win tickets etc.
    The community which is visiting events on a regular basis is a die hard group who would suit well on TF as well so they can also discuss the upcoming releases and general discussions.

Now this trance community is mostly in touch via Facebook where chats are only being made out of the blue and without proper subject/news structure as we have on the forum.

Is there still a big active crew these days working on improving this forum?

Last Online
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Puppetmaster View Post
    Now this trance community is mostly in touch via Facebook where chats are only being made out of the blue and without proper subject/news structure as we have on the forum.
    Yep, imho it could be a healthy option to think about the structure of our website/forum/facebook. Imho we should create more attention with the advantages that facebook offers to us. Maybe it works for us to have a facebook group where people can discuss about hot tracks, where we can post the articles that we publish on the site and reach a broad crowd. Ofcourse that would mean a little less visits on the site, but I think to make this combination is a healthy need for trancefix.

What about you @PegaSus @Wesley @Sunshine @Phael @NomadZXZ @Voci @cheer_up and others?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thijs For This Useful Post:

NomadZXZ (12-25-2014), Phael (12-26-2014)

Last Online
    03-28-2019 @ 00:18 AM
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 645x in 486 Posts
    United States
    I think that's a great idea @Thijs. The site seems rather inactive and not because trance is less popular now, but as you mentioned, people are using social media (facebook) more and more. I think we could do more on facebook, like even just daily posts about hot tracks, upcoming events and that would maybe bring users back to the forum more for details, comments... One suggestion I have is to give each admin, moderator and frontpage crew member the TranceFix facebook password. Then whenever someone wants to make a contribution they can do so freely. Making a daily or every other day post on facebook will keep members looking for our content if it becomes something they can "rely" on finding. We have been doing this at my job with making regular posts on facebook with giveaways, contests, product info, etc...and as much as I wasn't fond of the idea at first, it has paid off. Just my thoughts.. Merry Christmas TF!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NomadZXZ For This Useful Post:

Phael (12-25-2014), Thijs (12-25-2014)

Last Online
    Today @ 16:06 PM
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,372x in 1,753 Posts
    Serbia
    Consistency is how you'll achieve what you want. If your Facebook page is not fully active, has 5K fans, how are you going to expand both Facebook page and forum? Posting, posting, posting. Every promo you get, every article you publish, every poll, every event, every giveaway, every photo that has something to do with trance... Every day. Someone is going to like it, comment it, share it, and someone else is going to see that, like the page, register on a forum, etc. I realize I'm being capt. Obvious here, but it costs you nothing but 5-10 minutes of your time a day. So why not do it?
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

Phael (12-25-2014), Thijs (12-25-2014)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by NomadZXZ View Post
    I think that's a great idea @Thijs. The site seems rather inactive and not because trance is less popular now, but as you mentioned, people are using social media (facebook) more and more. I think we could do more on facebook, like even just daily posts about hot tracks, upcoming events and that would maybe bring users back to the forum more for details, comments...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    Consistency is how you'll achieve what you want. If your Facebook page is not fully active, has 5K fans, how are you going to expand both Facebook page and forum? Posting, posting, posting. Every promo you get, every article you publish, every poll, every event, every giveaway, every photo that has something to do with trance... ?
    Yep, I agree to the importance of a proper communication strategy. At the moment we just do how we do it, but with a couple of smart tricks on facebook (and twitter?) we might be able to expand our network a lot!

Imho that's the question indeed: what message do we want to share, how do we share that message and through which media?

Posting tracks through the facebook page is a good option imho. I'd like to mention the facebook groups as well since I see those places are taking over discussions about trance and are especially handy for sharing tracks to a selected group of people
    Last edited by Thijs; 12-25-2014 at 17:31 PM.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Netherlands
    I'm putting up the frequency of posts on our facebook page @Gagi. I have a couple of planned facebook posts daily about released tunes etc. If anyone wants to help, you're always welcome.
    @NomadZXZ and @Nemezijus have access to the facebook because I see them wanting to do something and/or writing articles Maybe @TimStark could use it as well because of the lots of reviews from his side?

Wondering about the progression of the interviews by @Phael and @Hensmonl. Would be nice to post some more interviews in a week or two

#keepthefireburning
    Last edited by Thijs; 12-27-2014 at 12:36 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Thijs For This Useful Post:

NomadZXZ (12-27-2014)

Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 18:57 PM
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 874x in 597 Posts
    Austria
    Im currenly waiting for the first batch of questions to come back!
    working on a layout also in the coming week but i cant guarantee that ill be finished in 2 weeks!

if you need help on fb gimme a job and ill do that regularly like the classics thread thingy!

"Here's the thing, kid: We don't get to choose how we start in this life.
    Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt."

— Victor Sullivan

Last Online
    04-23-2018 @ 16:40 PM
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 364x in 225 Posts
    Scotland
    What about sponsoring small events, or getting users to give out flyers at events. Not sure how to go about it but just an idea to add interest.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Netherlands
    We do it at like Luminosity. Not sure if it really attracts more active users at the forums. As far as I know, many people know us. Many people I meet at events and are fb friends also have trancefix in their likes @ facebook

Imho more importantly imho is how to get them actively talking to us

Last Online
    06-06-2017 @ 21:09 PM
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 462x in 273 Posts
    Germany
    Dont think u'll achieve more activity by randomly spamming FB, ppl are already recieving quite an overload of information in there already. I don't even think the problem is that not enough people know or came in touch with this forum, it just seems that most people don't participate and most formerly active members become inactive.

The questions 2 be asked is why should someone actively participate in forum for trance music in year 2015 ? What is the quality this forum offers that you can't get somewhere else ?
    You should answer these questions first, before you do the marketing stuff on social media.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Qwertz For This Useful Post:

cheer_up (02-11-2015), Hensmon (01-02-2015)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertz View Post
    The questions 2 be asked is why should someone actively participate in forum for trance music in year 2015 ? What is the quality this forum offers that you can't get somewhere else ?
    You should answer these questions first, before you do the marketing stuff on social media.
    True that.

What makes us unique is the network that we have towards dj's, producers, recordlabels, party organizations etc. We can use it to be the first to share news, and discuss it with our users.

Personally I'm open to use different methods of discussions/communication. As I stated before we could open a facebook group, for example to discuss about the newest tracks and to communicate our interviews and reviews but yeah this totally depends on what TF users/mods want.
    Last edited by Thijs; 12-27-2014 at 16:56 PM.

Last Online
    03-28-2019 @ 00:18 AM
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 645x in 486 Posts
    United States
    @Qwertz I don't think spamming is we're looking to do by any means. The TF fb page has over 5k likes, and since people have voluntarily signed themselves to receive info/posts they shouldn't see it as spam. Just being more active on fb with frequent posts about upcoming releases, events, classics and linking back to the forum should help make the forum discussions more active as well. Its not a guarantee but worth a shot. If they don't want to be involved in trance discussions in 2015 to begin with then no harm will come because they weren't participating anyway

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NomadZXZ For This Useful Post:

MrVrhgyiB (12-27-2014), Thijs (12-27-2014)

Last Online
    11-18-2018 @ 19:28 PM
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,506x in 982 Posts
    Netherlands
    Could be an age thing as well? I feel many people are more and more busy with their daily life like work etc. Pretty sure the younger folks have more free time... The Trance crowd in general is getting older so less activity here could be a normal effect of that. Without meaning that there is less interest for Trance or the forum.

And what's unique? IMO the friendly community in general. Which is worth a lot.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Puppetmaster For This Useful Post:

Darren (12-28-2014), Hensmon (01-02-2015)

Last Online
    08-22-2015 @ 20:18 PM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    United Kingdom
    Just to weigh in on the Facebook exposure issue - Because of the changing algorithms at FBook, getting posts seen by your audience is more and more unpredictable. Posting more than twice a day just seems to make this harder, not easier. I think the other reason for this is that if you over-load people with information, it just becomes 'noise.' Over-exposure of anything leads to saturation. People get bored, or just fatigued. Even though it's tempting to post as much worthwhile content as possible, it would be likely to harm the potential exposure. When the goal is trying to deliver interesting things to the people that are interested, this is clearly counter-productive.

Based on my experience so far, I'd say post only things that are relevant & important to the site (articles, reviews, interviews, news) and limit posting of things that fall outside that (i.e. not posting too many youtube links, tracks, etc). Also, being super-selective with what gets posted is important... If the subject already has enough momentum (like say a popular track that's being talked about by other groups already), maybe it can be sacrificed.

Just my two cents on the 'paradox of social networks.'
    J
    Last edited by ResearchDevelopment; 12-27-2014 at 19:48 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to ResearchDevelopment For This Useful Post:

Hensmon (01-02-2015)