Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

View Poll Results: Old or New Anjunabeats ?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • New

    8 12.31%
  • Old

    57 87.69%

Tags for this Thread

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 107

Thread: Old vs. New Anjunabeats

  1. #76
    Hensmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 00:06 AM
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Posts
    5,639
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,408
    Thanked 2,242x in 1,549 Posts
    United Kingdom
    @jeoblogb - Anyone really under the illusion that A&B visit these threads? no, I dont think so...

    You think amount of fans has anything to do with how good an artist is? Miley Cyrus 100's millions of plays in weeks. One Direction sell out more shows than other artist on the planet. Music is not measured by screaming fans. The reason there career is so fruitfull today is because they watered down and cheapened the music to make digestible for said screaming masses. Inexperienced listeners to Trance music jumped on this shit, they opened up a whole new market. I'ts not a coincidence you find opposing views about the music in a Trance forum where the experience in the scene is the highest.

  2. #77
    tep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Online
    10-30-2019 @ 13:12 PM
    Location
    Tallinn
    Gender
    Posts
    3,984
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    726
    Thanked 1,691x in 1,023 Posts
    Estonia
    Quote Originally Posted by Hensmon View Post
    @jeoblogb - Anyone really under the illusion that A&B visit these threads? no, I dont think so...

    You think amount of fans has anything to do with how good an artist is? Miley Cyrus 100's millions of plays in weeks. One Direction sell out more shows than other artist on the planet. Music is not measured by screaming fans. The reason there career is so fruitfull today is because they watered down and cheapened the music to make digestible for said screaming masses. Inexperienced listeners to Trance music jumped on this shit, they opened up a whole new market. I'ts not a coincidence you find opposing views about the music in a Trance forum where the experience in the scene is the highest.

  3. #78
    Hensmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 00:06 AM
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Posts
    5,639
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,408
    Thanked 2,242x in 1,549 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by tep View Post
    Haha ok little bit guilty of this. I don't think you really disagree too much with what I said though, hence the humour response but ok I think our eye to eye will probably never meet on this... I will just leave some tunes instead.






  4. #79
    tep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Online
    10-30-2019 @ 13:12 PM
    Location
    Tallinn
    Gender
    Posts
    3,984
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    726
    Thanked 1,691x in 1,023 Posts
    Estonia
    Quote Originally Posted by Hensmon View Post
    Haha ok little bit guilty of this. I don't think you really disagree too much with what I said though, hence the humour response but ok I think our eye to eye will probably never meet on this... I will just leave some tunes instead.

    [videyoutube;UsM6eEuSQr4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsM6eEuSQr4]movie[/URL]

    [videyoutube;aVP7UuvXB-A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVP7UuvXB-A]movie[/URL]

    [videyoutube;nlmmA2aKjjQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlmmA2aKjjQ]movie[/URL]
    Dont get me wrong, i voted for old anjunabeats as well, i hardly like any of their new releases, then again, i am not as closeminded to claim that it is bad just because i do not like it. There are millions who do and i am not judging them for it.
    There is absolutely nothing a person can claim from being negative to critical about everything and live in the past.

  5. #80

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Online
    10-24-2019 @ 22:21 PM
    Location
    scotland
    Gender
    Posts
    318
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 118x in 81 Posts
    Scotland
    technically, saying old anjuna is better than new anjuna is subjective.

    but we all know it's objective. the new stuff is trash. content wise, and production wise.

    those who pick new anjuna simply don't know any better. sounds arrogant, but it's the truth.

  6. #81
    Hensmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 00:06 AM
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Posts
    5,639
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,408
    Thanked 2,242x in 1,549 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by tep View Post
    Dont get me wrong, i voted for old anjunabeats as well, i hardly like any of their new releases, then again, i am not as closeminded to claim that it is bad just because i do not like it. There are millions who do and i am not judging them for it.
    There is absolutely nothing a person can claim from being negative to critical about everything and live in the past.
    I think you get confused - I can be critical about the present, but that does automatically mean that I am living in the past. Also I am not judging anyone, just stating what I think is the objective view on the matter. You don't think music can be looked at objectively and this is where our differences are I guess.

    Its funny you think it's a close-minded view, when actually it's quite humbling and refreshing to step back and say 'I like shit music', because I do and requires an open mind to accept it. I was a big hard house fan 10+ years ago, still go to the odd show and have the best times (nothing like it!), but this music is shit, there is no denying it really - compared to Trance it pails in comparison and thats why Trance still has a 20 year strong scene and hard-house is obsolete. I also like shitty drum & bass sometimes, and also my taste in Psy-Trance can be questionable too. Even my favourite tracks in the world I consider not to be the best! But what is this wizardry!?

  7. #82
    tep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Online
    10-30-2019 @ 13:12 PM
    Location
    Tallinn
    Gender
    Posts
    3,984
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    726
    Thanked 1,691x in 1,023 Posts
    Estonia
    Quote Originally Posted by Hensmon View Post
    I think you get confused - I can be critical about the present, but that does automatically mean that I am living in the past. Also I am not judging anyone, just stating what I think is the objective view on the matter. You don't think music can be looked at objectively and this is where our differences are I guess.

    Its funny you think it's a close-minded view, when actually it's quite humbling and refreshing to step back and say 'I like shit music', because I do and requires an open mind to accept it. I was a big hard house fan 10+ years ago, still go to the odd show and have the best times (nothing like it!), but this music is shit, there is no denying it really - compared to Trance it pails in comparison and thats why Trance still has a 20 year strong scene and hard-house is obsolete. I also like shitty drum & bass sometimes, and also my taste in Psy-Trance can be questionable too. Even my favourite tracks in the world I consider not to be the best! But what is this wizardry!?
    Lol i loved hard-house, still do, just as i loved 90s dance music. Neither are really around, although both styles have heavily influenced the modern edm sound, so i guess they do live on in a weird way.
    Thing is, you are not being honest to yourself, if you try to admit that you like something that sucks. Its betraying yourself. If you enjoy something, it means that it is good for you. Simple as that and it will not go any further. Thats the beauty of any artform, like music, the beauty lies in the eyes of the viewer or ears of the listener.
    My mom absolutely hates id say 98% of all the tracks ive ever listened to, no matter what style, for her its just bump-bump children music, for her there is no difference if its david guetta, primetime anjunabeats or a techno song from 1992. She loves classical music and jazz and will listen nothing else, she is btw educated musician and has been working as music teacher for her entire life. Her music taste for me is 98% total boredom. So yea...

  8. #83
    Daysleeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    11-10-2019 @ 15:46 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    6,223
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    1,055
    Thanked 2,235x in 1,554 Posts
    Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by tep View Post
    It is very simple and very logical and it puzzles me how people do not get it. In any art form, QUALITY in art lies in the eyes of the viewer or ears of the listener. You cannot put objective tags to it.
    .
    Is Samuel Barbers adagio for strings not objectivley good? Give me an argument why it isnt objectively good that isn't just: "well, it depends on who you ask".

    Its not about snobbery or elitism. Every adult person that has listen to music for some time can recognize objectively good music, even if it isn't their personal taste. If there weren't any objective standards in music it wouldn't be music. Art is bounded by rules. same as with photography. Every experienced photog can acknowledge a good shot. The rules can be manipulated and broken but just to a certain extent.
    Last edited by Daysleeper; 06-02-2016 at 00:41 AM.
    #Sicknessesintheair

    Say no to STEROIDS.






  9. #84
    tep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Online
    10-30-2019 @ 13:12 PM
    Location
    Tallinn
    Gender
    Posts
    3,984
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    726
    Thanked 1,691x in 1,023 Posts
    Estonia
    Quote Originally Posted by Daysleeper View Post
    .
    Is Samuel Barbers adagio for strings not objectivley good? Give me an argument why it isnt objectively good that isn't just: "well, it depends on who you ask".

    Its not about snobbery or elitism. Every adult person that has listen to music for some time can recognize objectively good music, even if it isn't their personal taste. If there weren't any objective standards in music it wouldn't be music. Art is bounded by rules. same as with photography. Every experienced photog can acknowledge a good shot. The rules can be manipulated and broken but just to a certain extent.
    Argument? Simple - i dont like the melody, hence it is not good and NO, i have listened to music my entire life and my view on what is good music, is completely different from a metalhead, who has also listened to music his entire life.
    Standards in music are only based on genres, for example it is not EDM if you do not produce electronic dance music, if you start calling out genres though, that makes you a snob. Your precious 00s oldschool trance is considered total garbage by majority of jazz music composers, what now? Does that make that music you always loved objectively bad, because professional musicians think its worth shit? Fck no.
    As for your "art is bounded by rules", the main goal for any artist is to experience art without any rules. This is how new artforms are born, even if its shitting in a box.

  10. #85
    Nangle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Online
    06-04-2017 @ 16:56 PM
    Location
    Derry (Mostly)
    Gender
    Posts
    6,462
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,007
    Thanked 4,065x in 2,348 Posts
    Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Daysleeper View Post
    .
    Is Samuel Barbers adagio for strings not objectively good? Give me an argument why it isnt objectively good that isn't just: "well, it depends on who you ask".

    Its not about snobbery or elitism. Every adult person that has listened to music for some time can recognise objectively good music, even if it isn't their personal taste.
    Rest assured, if I play to my gran - someone who is a devout follower of classical music and has listened to it live in the likes of Bridgewater Hall and Philharmonie de Paris - tracks that feature in TranceFix' Trance Classics section she will not objectively recognise it as good music, no matter how highly it is regarded amongst us or others involved in the scene.
    Last edited by Nangle; 06-02-2016 at 13:44 PM.
    May Mix

  11. #86
    Hensmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 00:06 AM
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Posts
    5,639
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,408
    Thanked 2,242x in 1,549 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangle View Post
    Rest assured, if I play to my gran - someone who is a devout follower of classical music and has listened to it live in the likes of Bridgewater Hall and Philharmonie de Paris - tracks that feature in TranceFix' Trance Classics section she will not objectively recognise it as good music, no matter how highly it is regarded amongst us or others involved in the scene.
    Because it does not fit her taste (subjective), which has developed in her own era, with her own experiences. Its ironic that you both use classical as some sort of benchmark, putting on a pedalstal as a superior genre (I agree it is one of them)

  12. #87
    Nangle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Online
    06-04-2017 @ 16:56 PM
    Location
    Derry (Mostly)
    Gender
    Posts
    6,462
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,007
    Thanked 4,065x in 2,348 Posts
    Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Hensmon View Post
    Because it does not fit her taste (subjective), which has developed in her own era, with her own experiences. Its ironic that you both use classical as some sort of benchmark, putting on a pedalstal as a superior genre (I agree it is one of them)
    Precisely, then how can she objectively rate it as good or bad? It's similar to asking me, someone who can't abide spices, to rate curries. To me, they are all the devils armpit sweat, regardless of the ingredients or chef.
    May Mix

  13. #88
    tep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Online
    10-30-2019 @ 13:12 PM
    Location
    Tallinn
    Gender
    Posts
    3,984
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    726
    Thanked 1,691x in 1,023 Posts
    Estonia
    Quote Originally Posted by Hensmon View Post
    Because it does not fit her taste (subjective), which has developed in her own era, with her own experiences. Its ironic that you both use classical as some sort of benchmark, putting on a pedalstal as a superior genre (I agree it is one of them)
    Jesus how wrong can you get my points. I have picked classical music as this is what my mom likes lol. Its just coincidence, i dont consider any musical style superior to another, thats your and daysleepers daily routine, for me 00s classic trance is 00s classic trance with its good and bad examples just as modern trance has its good and bad examples. It could have been metal, country music or whatever. People have different taste as you say to everything, hence you cannot label anything objectively better or worse as there will always be a big group of people to whom this is completely wrong.

  14. #89
    Hensmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 00:06 AM
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Posts
    5,639
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,408
    Thanked 2,242x in 1,549 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangle View Post
    Precisely, then how can she objectively rate it as good or bad? It's similar to asking me, someone who can't abide spices, to rate curries. To me, they are all the devils armpit sweat, regardless of the ingredients or chef.
    Because we have the ability to see past our own subjective tastes if we choose. Have you never seen the value in something that you don't personally enjoy or are drawn too?

    Fortunately in this case we both like Anjunabeats and Trance. We don't have an issue with taste because we both enjoy repetitive 4/4 beats and strong melodic hooks (unlike your nan), so subjective taste aside we now can look at Anjunabeats objectively and try and understand why 45 of us feel like the old label days were better than the new ones.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hensmon For This Useful Post:

    DarkRyder (06-03-2016)

  16. #90
    Nangle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Online
    06-04-2017 @ 16:56 PM
    Location
    Derry (Mostly)
    Gender
    Posts
    6,462
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,007
    Thanked 4,065x in 2,348 Posts
    Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Hensmon View Post
    Because we have the ability to see past our own subjective tastes if we choose. Have you never seen the value in something that you don't personally enjoy or are drawn too?

    Fortunately in this case we both like Anjunabeats and Trance. We don't have an issue with taste because we both enjoy repetitive 4/4 beats and strong melodic hooks (unlike your nan), so subjective taste aside we now can look at Anjunabeats objectively and try and understand why 45 of us feel like the old label days were better than the new ones.
    I don't think you can be subjective in such a concentrated sector that you have no appreciation of at all, for instance, my gran and trance and me and Indian cuisine.
    May Mix

Similar Threads

  1. Nitrous Oxide album "Dreamcatcher" (Artist album)
    By stormshadow in forum (Upcoming) Trance Releases
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 03:59 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 07:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •