Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Gouryella - Anahera [Flashover Recordings]

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 19:38 PM
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 197x in 139 Posts
    United States
    @STARS I started listening to trance in 2002. And listened heavily from 02-05. I felt it started to decline around then. I have some tracks from the late 90s but no you are right im not a late 90s fan as I wasn't listening back then. From all the trance I've listened to from 2002 until 2015 id have to say 03-04 were the best years with the most epic trance tracks being produced.
    --Current--Top 5 of 2016--

1. Denis Kenzo feat. Sveta B. - Sunshine Blue (Extended Mix) [Tune Of The Year]
    2. Armin van Buuren - Club Embrace (Extended Intro)
    3. The Thrillseekers pres. Hydra - Amber (Extended Mix)
    4. Local Heroes feat. Linnea Schossow - Home (Allen & Envy Remix)

5. Cosmic Gate - Am2pm (Extended Mix)

Last Online
    11-20-2019 @ 23:13 PM
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 33x in 21 Posts
    Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by lilslim79 View Post
    I got Gouryella - Gouryella shortly after i heard this track. That's it so far. To be honest, and i know i will be in the vast minority here, but it really didn't do much for me. I guess ill listen to it some more and see if it grows on me. But to be honest Gouryella is just an average track to me right now. Thanks for the suggestions though!
    Gouryella was the biggest track of the project. Known for it's signature bassline (as well the magical breakbeat breakdown). "Cheesier" than both Tenshi and Ligaya. It's always been the number one Gouryella classic, as it was for me back in the day. But I've heard it, who knows, a couple hundred times the last 15 years? So I've grown a bit tired of it.

At the end of the day I actually think Tenshi and Ligaya might the better Gouryella tracks, but again they are also less overplayed.
    Ligaya deffo has the best breakdown and buildup IMO. Also the most up to date track (obviously it's newer)
    Tenshi is 2nd place on breakdown, System F style =)

One week until release of Anahera now, can't wait to hear get it in proper length and quality!

Last Online
    04-29-2016 @ 14:16 PM
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 74x in 57 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Have all forgotten about In Walhalla Gorella and Walhalla what do you all make of them.

Last Online
    Today @ 08:24 AM
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,583x in 962 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashLight9 View Post
    Have all forgotten about In Walhalla Gorella and Walhalla what do you all make of them.
    Walhalla was besides Gouryella, Tenshi and Ligaya the fourth single. The other tracks you mentioned were B-Sides on those.

They are all four just great and not too similar. Lovely melody in Walhalla.

Last Online
    06-15-2015 @ 14:55 PM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts
    Russian Federation
    Browsed through the discussion, here are my 2 cents: I don't think Anahera is super-original or something, it is a top quality highly polished creation, but it doesn't touch any inner strings in me, like some other Ferry's works did and do. And not only Ferry's.

To tell the truth, breakdown sounds pretty generic to my ears (again - to my ears, and we all have different ears), but I hope that Ferry's name under the track will help push the general taste from where it is now. I mean, away from pure big room/edm stuff, which I tried to embrace myself for example, but failed.

It's impossible to experience or recreate the feelings someone had when first listening to Out Of The Blue or Age Of Love etc, and there is no point in doing that, it's music history already.
    But history moves in circles, so perhaps it's the beginning of a new trance cycle with new listeners growing up.

Captain Obvious says that labels are there to make money, and if it's big room that brings most cash, than big room it will be. If more and more people will demand good stuff, the situation might change I think. Or perhaps there will be some indie producers, like there are in the video games scene.
    Some demos, nothing fancy:

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dmitry For This Useful Post:

Hensmon (06-13-2015)

Last Online
    01-24-2017 @ 19:29 PM
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 238x in 116 Posts
    Macedonia
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitry View Post
    To tell the truth, breakdown sounds pretty generic to my ears (again - to my ears, and we all have different ears)
    Yeah the breakdown is pretty generic...The most interesting thing about this track is the part before the breakdown and main melody...and sounds oldschool

Last Online
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 74x in 57 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitry View Post
    Browsed through the discussion, here are my 2 cents: I don't think Anahera is super-original or something, it is a top quality highly polished creation, but it doesn't touch any inner strings in me, like some other Ferry's works did and do. And not only Ferry's.

To tell the truth, breakdown sounds pretty generic to my ears (again - to my ears, and we all have different ears), but I hope that Ferry's name under the track will help push the general taste from where it is now. I mean, away from pure big room/edm stuff, which I tried to embrace myself for example, but failed.

It's impossible to experience or recreate the feelings someone had when first listening to Out Of The Blue or Age Of Love etc, and there is no point in doing that, it's music history already.
    But history moves in circles, so perhaps it's the beginning of a new trance cycle with new listeners growing up.

Captain Obvious says that labels are there to make money, and if it's big room that brings most cash, than big room it will be. If more and more people will demand good stuff, the situation might change I think. Or perhaps there will be some indie producers, like there are in the video games scene.
    So when did Ferry make Age Of Love? Dont recal it being his production under his name or any alias?

Im just getting this feeling this release may have #Anahera a Radio Edit, Original Version and Original Extended, maybe even a Ferry Fix?

Last Online
    06-15-2015 @ 14:55 PM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts
    Russian Federation
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashLight9 View Post
    So when did Ferry make Age Of Love
    I didn't mean it was Ferry's production, of course Those two tracks just had a similar effect on me (Age Of Love was like the first trance tune I heard when I was mostly listening to techno and hardcore), I was absolutely amazed and in love with them.
    Some demos, nothing fancy:

Last Online
    06-14-2015 @ 10:45 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 4x in 2 Posts
    Romania
    Ferry doing TRANCE again and under Gouryella?!? NO WAY I thought, but man, was I surprised! Now sure, this song may not be EPIC, however, it is still very good and even though it does take some elements from The Sonnet in the intro melody, it is still a very solid tune! It's a bit sad when even a good song with passion and old elements is better than most of the new stuff that comes today, it only highlights how dull and boring most of the new trance/uplifters are...

First Armin brings back Rising Star (though not as good a comeback as Gouryella's for me personally!), now it's Ferry's turn... I can say that I am very happy and totally feeling the nostalgia! Good times...
    Last edited by T800; 06-13-2015 at 12:01 PM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to T800 For This Useful Post:

*Maickel* (06-15-2015), JTTrance2011 (06-16-2015), proxi (06-14-2015)

Last Online
    Today @ 07:36 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 99x in 73 Posts
    Lithuania
    So much attention for mediocre track.Plus copy paste few elements from previous tracks.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 74x in 57 Posts
    United Kingdom
    It is like it is Christmas at Flashover Recordings:: Only 3 Sleeps For Gouryella Anahera

Last Online
    04-07-2016 @ 13:56 PM
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 20x in 15 Posts
    Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by vastvision View Post
    Exactly. If a lesser known artist would have produced exactly this track I'm sure it would have been signed to a much bigger label than trance allstars (nothing wrong with Trance Allstars btw). Maybe it would be even more appreciated by people because the expectations from a Gouryella track are much higher than from artist X.
    I suggested that as a smaller label, it was not intended in any way to suggest there is anything wrong with it. Lots of great tunes come out of Trance All-Stars all the time, but Flashover recordings on the other hand has a recent reputation for releasing utter bollocks. The track is probably exactly where it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by WialnS View Post
    So much attention for mediocre track.Plus copy paste few elements from previous tracks.
    The hype train has well and truly departed the station at this point my friend, good luck trying to divert it now. The only consolidation is that, in a few months, everyone will likely have forgotten about it.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    United States
    OUT TODAY!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Daybreakers For This Useful Post:

JTTrance2011 (06-16-2015)

Last Online
    Today @ 09:24 AM
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 107x in 66 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Just had a first listen in full quality, it's glorious. Very uplifting which was very much needed after watching the latest Thrones.
    INSIDE TRANCE with Proxi & Alex Pepper | 3rd Saturday each month |4-6pm GMT @ Afterhours.FM
    E3 2015 Arrival Set - VideoGameTrance

All mixes & sets on Mixcloud

Last Online
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    United States
    What's the track length, please tell me its over 7, hopefully 8. (Guessing it is between 6-7 though)

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast