Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATB - Flash X [ATBeats]

Last Online
    Today @ 21:45 PM
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 528x in 367 Posts
    Czech Republic
    Final resolutions

Here is extended radio version with lyrics:

This debacle should be released via brand new label 'ATBeats' founded by Andre himself. That means ATB breaks out of dependence of Kontor Records after those years of their collective contract. ATB wanted to run his own label named 'Bloom Records' since 2010 but due to his workload it couldn't be possible to realize this idea.

Last Online
    Today @ 21:05 PM
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 626x in 462 Posts
    Portugal
    Oh God why ATB? Actually, this sounds like the "trance" I'd listen to on Monstercat. Sounds a bit generic.

Last Online
    Today @ 21:47 PM
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,281x in 1,586 Posts
    Sweden
    Sad to hear this. Really sad. If people who were my age when he released his earlier albums and thought they were cheesy or whatever i wonder what they think of this. I'm just asking myself sometimes if its just me getting old and dont "understand" the new sound or is music just getting dumber and dumber?
    Last edited by Daysleeper; 10-18-2015 at 20:50 PM.

Last Online
    07-16-2017 @ 16:04 PM
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 99x in 56 Posts
    Ukraine
    old producers (who had some good classics back in the days) have no chance for these days!!!!!

Last Online
    12-20-2016 @ 16:25 PM
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,016x in 645 Posts
    Lithuania
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Vice View Post
    Oh God why ATB? Actually, this sounds like the "trance" I'd listen to on Monstercat. Sounds a bit generic.
    Oh don't get Monstercat involved here. The label encompasses diverse group of genres and is home for many talented new artists.

That being said, this single from ATB is far from what I have expected and I'll just skip it
    If you are free in your dreams, then why don't you go to places you always wanted to go?

Last Online
    Today @ 21:05 PM
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 626x in 462 Posts
    Portugal
    No, wait, don't get me wrong. I like Monstercat, my comment was because of how ATB sounds now, and there's some tracks in Monstercat in the Trance genre that remind me of this.
    I listen to Monstercat a lot and I think it's an amazing opportunity for new artists, I love almost all of their content, their trance part just isn't the strongest imo, and I did a bit of a "harsh" comparison.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Czech Republic
    @PicaSSo @Nangle @Daysleeper @tep @Carlos Magalhães @JTTrance2011
    @luchano26 @HugoHak @Nemezijus @DarkRyder @Halon @Spider-Vice @snake
    To my true ATB Family... This is very important to me. I write this comment because I read the comments on Flash-X and of course that can't be all just good. But I don't understand the critics that I'm doing EDM from now on. That's nonsense! I'm still into melodies, emotions and my own signature style when it comes to atb productions. That's the past and will ever be. Flash X is just another track I love and like to play in my DJ sets. I like the energy of the track. That doesn't mean that I'm not into my style anymore. You know that I always change my sounds and thanks God I'm not sounding like 1997 anymore, like some of you demand. And I want clarify one more thing: After 20 years I'm not doing the music to have more success and just my ego! I hate this "he is going commercial" discussion. What the hell is commercial?? I'm still doing the music from my heart and that's it! I love doing the ambient stuff as well and you'll see in future productions and on my next album and Btw you can hear it at my gigs. So please calm down and stop to label my music EDM! OK..in the end EDM means electronic dance music.. The bad thing about it is, that it's just labeled these days to hard soulless hands up trash a lot of people like! But this is just my opinion to clarify that! That's my statement after a really hard beginning of 2015 for me healtwise and I'm so glad to be able to be on the road again and I hope to see you soon at one of my next gigs. I'm sure the real ATB family is always open for a new ATB Sound and some experiments... Andre
    At least, I am happy to hear/read that Andre doesn't go off his downtempo productions
    which are the only stuff from him what I am truly looking forward to right now

To complete this thread I forgot to post this little studio 'making of' video:
    https://www.facebook.com/ATB/videos/10153702892353117/

It's out! iTunes | GooglePlay | Amazon.de
    Last edited by mrx.friend; 10-22-2015 at 22:39 PM.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrx.friend For This Useful Post:

Carlos Magalhães (10-22-2015), Halon (10-23-2015), Nemezijus (10-23-2015), Spider-Vice (10-22-2015)

Last Online
    Today @ 21:47 PM
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,281x in 1,586 Posts
    Sweden
    Weird. Not sure why he had to write that. Why does he care? Its a mystery to me also how pld prodcuers cant hear how shitty, generic and formulaic this style is.

Last Online
    06-04-2017 @ 16:56 PM
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,065x in 2,348 Posts
    Scotland
    To the true ATB... This is also very important to me. I write this comment because i read your comments on Flash-X about our comments. My issues is not that you're producing "EDM". It's that it is utterly shite EDM. Some EDM, or whatever you prefer to call it, can be enjoyable. This is just plain weak. But i understand ones desire to stay relevant... Nangle
    May Mix

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nangle For This Useful Post:

DarkRyder (10-23-2015)

Last Online
    09-07-2018 @ 16:22 PM
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 158x in 117 Posts
    Netherlands
    I mean ATBs dance productions have always been a bit on the commercial and cheesy side, but he still had a pretty unique sound, this just doesn't sound unique, it sounds like most other stuff. Ofcourse he has to do what he wants, but seriously, I think this isn't the right thing.. But hey, he's atleast continuing his chillout and ambient stuff.

Last Online
    12-20-2016 @ 16:25 PM
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,016x in 645 Posts
    Lithuania
    I mean a simple rule to happy life is 'do what you want and what makes you happy', so hey - I'm happy for Andre that he likes what he is doing. I don't like this track at all, but nobody is shoving it down my throat so as I mentioned before, I will simply skip it.

However fans can be nagging a**holes sometimes. If they could they would lock their favorite producer in the studio and wouldn't let him/her out until they come out with the 'good old sound'.
    If you are free in your dreams, then why don't you go to places you always wanted to go?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nemezijus For This Useful Post:

Gagi (01-23-2016)

Last Online
    01-14-2020 @ 10:33 AM
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,827x in 1,376 Posts
    Norway
    Not very good, but i respect Andre's choice nontheless.
    Old Skool Trance FTW!!!

Last Online
    01-30-2019 @ 13:26 PM
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 4 Posts
    Australia
    Sounds very commercial and generic, I use to like him up to 2003 but since then his productions have gone downhill and hasn't been the same since. Though however, I respect his choice if he wants to change his style.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Czech Republic

The remix package is coming...and there is something for everyone! First song comes out Monday!!!
    1. Flash X (Said The Sky Remix)
    2. Flash X (Yoe Mase Remix)
    3. Flash X (James Egbert Remix)
    4. Flash X (Rusty Hook Remix)
    5. Flash X (Sunday Service Remix)
    6. Flash X (Deon Custom Remix)

For God's sake, who are these people?!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mrx.friend For This Useful Post:

MrVrhgyiB (01-27-2016)

jeoblogb Guest
    Like all artists, they either die off and become irrelevant or they move onto a style completely abandoning their roots or they basically sellout and pretend or deny that they haven't.
    Last edited by jeoblogb; 01-26-2016 at 08:10 AM.