Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!
Page 70 of 78 FirstFirst ... 20606566676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1157

Thread: What was the last movie you watched? - Part 4

Last Online
    Today @ 21:43 PM
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,396x in 1,771 Posts
    Serbia
    Last Flag Flying (2017)

Great film. Great acting. It's kinda off-beat with the story, and I definitely like that. Worth a watch.
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

Last Online
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Olafur Arnalds on Johann Johansson:

My favorite Jóhann story is when he had spent a year writing the score for Darren Aronofsky's "Mother" and at some point realised that the film was better with no music at all. He proceeded to convince Darren to delete everything. It takes a real, selfless artist to do that. To realise the piece is better without you.
    The most important part of creating art is the process, and Jóhann seemed to understand process. The score needed to be written first in order to realise that it was redundant. So in my view, Mother still has a score by Jóhann. The score is just silence... deafening, genius silence.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

Katadunkass (02-11-2018), PegaSus (02-11-2018)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Death At A Funeral (2007)

A dysfunctional family, loads of weird and specific characters and British humour. What's more to ask for from a comedy?

It's brilliant. Almost screamed a few times (out of laughter, of course). It's a sort of a movie in which everything that can go wrong, goes wrong. But it happens brilliantly and in the most surprising of ways. One of better comedies I've watched.

Last Online
    11-10-2019 @ 13:58 PM
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,256x in 2,115 Posts
    Denmark
    Heartthrob:
    Awful movie. It actually had a pretty interesting premise at first, but quickly failed to deliver at pretty much anything. The chemistry between our two main characters are non-existent.
    2/10

Mustang Island:
    Not much to say about this movie. It's very simple, perhaps a bit to simple, but Macon Blair did a find job in it. There's nothing memorable about it, but nothing really bad - a fine movie.
    5/10

Most Beautiful Island:
    It started rather slow and uninteresting, but found its ground towards the second half. Ana Asensio was great it in, but it definitely had a few flaws in its story-telling. Ana, who also directed it, know how to build tension in small scenes, but not in the movie as a whole.
    5/10

Punch-Drunk Love:
    Sandler's best work - he's actually pretty damn good in this one! Emily Watson and Philip Seymour Hoffman are fantastic as well and Paul Thomas Anderson definitely knows how to direct, even early on in his career.
    7/10

CHIPS:
    Horrible movie, horrible comedy, horrible characters, horrible performances - but for some reason it didn't anger me.
    3/10

The Room:
    I'm actually having a hard time rating this one - as a comedy (based on how much you actually laugh at it) it's definitely a 10/10 but as a whole it's almost a -2/10. It's just filled with so much gold and trash at the same time it's almost unbelievable.
    3/10

The Master:
    Fantastic movie yet again by Paul Thomas Anderson. I understand why some people don't like this one, but to me it's definitely in my top 3 of his. Superb performances and a wonderful, twisted story.
    9/10

Brigsby Bear:
    Kind of an odd movie - it's your typical indie-movie filled with heart, good performances and nice story-telling, but if you have seen any other indie-movie ever you know where this one is going.
    6/10

The Virgin Suicides:
    Finally got around to watch Sofia Coppola's Virgin Suicide movie and it was... alright, I guess. Fine perfomances, but some people are raving it to be a small masterpiece - it definitely isn't imo, but it was a fine watch.
    6/10

There Will Be Blood:
    Absolutely f*cking fantastic. It's a rewatch as I had seen it some years ago, but couldn't remember much of it because it was at a party. Daniel Day-Lewis is mindblowingly good and yet again Paul Thomas Anderson manages to build tension like no-one else for a movie like this. The 2 hours and 38 minutes just flew by.
    10/10

Downsizing:
    One of the dumbest movies of the year. It had such a great premise, but turned in to absolutely nothing. Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to suddenly talk about global warming and racial issues in a movie about "downsizing" yourself. Horrible.
    3/10

The Open House:
    One of the worst movies I've seen this year. Dylan Minnette was atrocious, the story was all over the place and everything from the score to the cinematography was bad.
    2/10

Magnolia:
    It's definitely not a popular opinion, but to me Magnolia is Paul Thomas Anderson's best movie so far. For 3 hours everything just works perfectly, Tom Cruise have never been better and the story is filled with joy, sadness, anger and complex story-telling. A perfect movie.
    10/10

Small town Crime:
    Had high hopes for this one, but it never really went anywhere interesting. As with Most Beautiful Island it had some great scenes, but as a whole it was just a bit.... meh.
    5/10

Boogie Nights:
    Mark Wahlberg at his finest. This movie is crazy, funny, heartful and sad at the same time. Fantastic performances around the board, the direction was superb and the story great. As with all other PTA movies the time just flew by.
    8/10

Darkest Hour:
    Gary Oldman is superb as Winston Churchill, but the movie felt a bit Oscar-baity at times with its dramatic scenes and loud moments. But the over all entertainment value was pretty high.
    7/10

Blue Velvet:
    At times a near perfect movie - at times a pretty strange and weird movie (and not in a good way). The whole mystery is interesting, but for some reason the main act with Isabella Rossellini's character just wasn't interesting to me. Great directing by David Lynch though!
    7/10

The Marine:
    I have no idea why I watched this. Horrible piece of sh!t
    2/10

Inherent Vice:
    Definitely my least favorite PTA movie, but it's still worth a watch. Joaquin Phoenix is great and so is the rest of the crew, but the story felt all over the place and at times pretty bad.
    6/10

Threads:
    One of the most heartbreaking and dark movies I've ever seen. The performances are perfect, almost too realistic, and so is the setting. At times you'll cry, at times you'll scream and at times you'll almost look away.
    8/10

The Cloverfield Paradox:
    Horrible movie when seeing it as part of the Cloverfield franchise. Nothing makes sense anymore, the story didn't know what to do with itself and the performances wasn't very good. Definitely didn't like this one.
    2/10

Mamma Mia! The Movie:
    Pretty bad - Meryl Streep definitely can't act in this one, but Amanda Seyfried was pretty good. The songs felt tagged on at weird times and didn't move the story anywhere. The only reason I watched it is because of the new one coming soon.
    4/10

Call Me By Your Name:
    Best romantic movie in years. Superb acting by everyone, the cinematography was perfect, the music gorgeous and the whole atmosphere around our main characters was breathtaking. A must see movie for everyone.
    9/10

The Light of the Moon:
    It started of strong, but quicky fell flat. Our main characters are not likeable at all which is a pretty huge thing. It didn't anger me, but definitely leave an impression either.
    5/10

When We First Met:
    A fine indie-movie about love, time travel and what other nonsense. The first half was definitely the strongest and the characters felt weird towards the end. Oh, and Alexandra Daddario can visit me any time.
    4/10

Last Online
    Today @ 17:09 PM
    Mentioned
    541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,229x in 2,556 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Katadunkass View Post

The Master:
    Fantastic movie yet again by Paul Thomas Anderson. I understand why some people don't like this one, but to me it's definitely in my top 3 of his. Superb performances and a wonderful, twisted story.
    9/10
    What a bore fest was that mate, did not like it at all. Struggling to finish it to be honest. Agreed with "There Will Be Blood" though, one of the best movies I ever saw. DDL is just so good!

Did you watch The Shape of Water yet? Dying to see that one!
    My CD Collection:

1000 items and rising

http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=PegaSus2k6

Last Online
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Denmark
    Quote Originally Posted by PegaSus View Post
    What a bore fest was that mate, did not like it at all. Struggling to finish it to be honest. Agreed with "There Will Be Blood" though, one of the best movies I ever saw. DDL is just so good!

Did you watch The Shape of Water yet? Dying to see that one!
    Not yet! I don't think it'll premiere before later this month unfortunately. On Thursday I'll see Phantom Thread and hopefully I can catch The Shape of Water by the end of February - Can't wait, Guillermo del Toro is a master director!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Katadunkass For This Useful Post:

PegaSus (02-12-2018)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Netherlands
    Saw this yet @Katadunkass

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5027774

Grabbed it, but not watched it yet. Looks good though!
    My CD Collection:

1000 items and rising

Last Online
    Mentioned
    541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Netherlands
    Oh yes! #LawrenceIsTheBestActressEver @Katadunkass
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2873282
    My CD Collection:

1000 items and rising

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PegaSus For This Useful Post:

Katadunkass (02-26-2018)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Denmark
    Saw this yet @Katadunkass

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5027774

Grabbed it, but not watched it yet. Looks good though!
    Oh yeah, saw it some time ago - absolutely love the movie! Frances McDormand is so f*cking good in this one!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Katadunkass For This Useful Post:

PegaSus (02-26-2018)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Denmark
    Oh yes! #LawrenceIsTheBestActressEver @Katadunkass
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2873282
    It's impressive how I can hate her more and more with each movie, haha

She was pretty good in Mother! and Silver Linings Playbook, but everything else have just been laughable

Last Online
    Mentioned
    541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Katadunkass View Post
    It's impressive how I can hate her more and more with each movie, haha

She was pretty good in Mother! and Silver Linings Playbook, but everything else have just been laughable

Haha actually think Mother! was one of the best movies I saw last year, definitely a big mindf*ck and just so weird, I kind of loved this ridiculous way of directing. Lawrence was pretty good indeed, so yes there is still hope lol.

Will watch Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri very soon.

The movie released on Netflix I was talking about a while back was "Mute".. you watched it? Poor score on IMDB, so not got high hopes for that one unfortunately. Duncan Jones is losing it? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1464763
    My CD Collection:

1000 items and rising

Last Online
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Denmark
    Haha actually think Mother! was one of the best movies I saw last year, definitely a big mindf*ck and just so weird, I kind of loved this ridiculous way of directing. Lawrence was pretty good indeed, so yes there is still hope lol.

Will watch Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri very soon.

The movie released on Netflix I was talking about a while back was "Mute".. you watched it? Poor score on IMDB, so not got high hopes for that one unfortunately. Duncan Jones is losing it? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1464763
    Mute is a bit of an odd one tbh - I don't think it deserves the extremely harsh words it has received by some critics, but then again; I gave it a 4 on IMDB.
    The performances are, mostly, good - Paul Rudd is fantastic in it, probably his best work so far! He was a joy to watch and the same thing goes to Justin Theroux who plays a much more down-to-earth-kind-of-guy, but in a creepy way. Alexander Skarsgård was, unfortunately, no more than ok; The main problem about Mute is the story and storyline. It really doesn't know how to handle the two separate storylines and when they finally mix together it was like there was no build-up to it. The plot is also very messy; It feels like Duncan Jones tried to tell way to much which is a shame because he has proven before he can handle a small script and make it work. Moon is still one of my favorite sci-fi movies of all time!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Katadunkass For This Useful Post:

PegaSus (02-28-2018)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Netherlands
    The Shape Of Water

Yep, as expected a brilliant movie by Del Toro. The acting is absolutely brilliant, and especially Michael Shannon and Sally Hawkins were just incredible. Outstanding stuff! Del Toro deserves an oscar for sure, finally!

8,5 / 10
    My CD Collection:

1000 items and rising

Last Online
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    American Pie (1999)

Don't think I've watched this for 8+ years. So I decided to rewatch it now, to see if it'll be as funny as it was before.

And I have to say yes, IT IS. No details were wasted in the makings of this film. Every character that has more than 2 seconds of screen time adds to the movie, with specific things that make them stand out and at the same time portray a group of people we all know - the dork who brags about having sex while he's still a virgin, the weird prom band, the alpha womanizer/jerk, the awkward dad, even the ass-licking assistant coach that is like a parrot and repeats everything the coach says...

I honestly forgot all other movies in the series, so I'm not sure they will ever live up to this (I really doubt any of them does). I remember liking them but back then I was just a horny teen so what did I know about movies.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    American Pie (1999)

Don't think I've watched this for 8+ years. So I decided to rewatch it now, to see if it'll be as funny as it was before.

And I have to say yes, IT IS. No details were wasted in the makings of this film. Every character that has more than 2 seconds of screen time adds to the movie, with specific things that make them stand out and at the same time portray a group of people we all know - the dork who brags about having sex while he's still a virgin, the weird prom band, the alpha womanizer/jerk, the awkward dad, even the ass-licking assistant coach that is like a parrot and repeats everything the coach says...

I honestly forgot all other movies in the series, so I'm not sure they will ever live up to this (I really doubt any of them does). I remember liking them but back then I was just a horny teen so what did I know about movies.
    Lol yeah that was incredibly funny back in the days. Stifler ftw.
    My CD Collection:

1000 items and rising

Page 70 of 78 FirstFirst ... 20606566676869707172737475 ... LastLast