Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!
Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 266671727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1148

Thread: What was the last movie you watched? - Part 4

  1. #1126
    BladeRunner_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 21:48 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    266
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    319
    Thanked 128x in 96 Posts
    Bulgaria

  2. #1127

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 13:29 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    261
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 81x in 59 Posts
    Netherlands
    The big short.

    very interresting

  3. #1128
    Katadunkass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 22:44 PM
    Location
    Stoholm
    Gender
    Posts
    7,385
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,690
    Thanked 3,244x in 2,108 Posts
    Denmark
    I just realized I haven't given any of the last 9 movies I've seen more than a 3/10 on IMDB - I need something good soon, I think.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Katadunkass For This Useful Post:

    PegaSus (04-24-2019)

  5. #1129

    PegaSus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 00:12 AM
    Location
    Beilen
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Posts
    12,273
    Mentioned
    535 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    7,161
    Thanked 4,205x in 2,537 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Katadunkass View Post
    I just realized I haven't given any of the last 9 movies I've seen more than a 3/10 on IMDB - I need something good soon, I think.
    You will probably like that new Avengers movie ?
    My CD Collection:

    1000 items and rising

    http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=PegaSus2k6






  6. #1130
    Katadunkass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 22:44 PM
    Location
    Stoholm
    Gender
    Posts
    7,385
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,690
    Thanked 3,244x in 2,108 Posts
    Denmark
    Quote Originally Posted by PegaSus View Post
    You will probably like that new Avengers movie ?
    To give you a good answer on that, I feel I have to give you a bit of a back story:
    I grew up with Marvel and DC comics all my childhood. Sure, I read Donald Duck, Calvin and Hobbes and things like that, but my primary reading material from the age of 6 to 18 was comic books and mostly Iron Man, Thor and Captain America. I still have a lot of my older comics on my shelf and I still read them, so to me these characters mean a lot.

    Now, when seeing movies with these characters I, for this reason, almost completely lose my critical sense because I think it's so fantasticly awesome having these characters on the big screen like that. That doesn't mean I don't recognize a turd when I see one. The first two Thor movies: Not good. Iron Man 2 and 3 (mostly): Not good. Black Panther and Captain Marvel: HIGHLY overrated and amongst my least favorite Marvel movies (which surely means I'm both racist and sexist; White men FTW!).

    To answer your question: I absolutely f*cking loved Endgame. Is it flawed, filled with weird plot points and illogical at times? Oh yes! But I have been so emotionally invested with these characters for as long as I can remember, so non of that made any impact on me. There were moments in this movie I've been waiting to happen for 10-20 years and experiencing them like this put a huge smile on my face (Thanos pun). The final act is just one big love-letter to Marvel fans (movie and/or comics) and I just swallowed it like Sasha Grey on her best days. This movie isn't "art" in the same way Blade Runner: 2049 is to me, it isn't anything like that, but as a pure super hero movie in the Marvel Universe this movie is pretty near perfect for me.

    I rated it an 8/10 on IMDB, but that's all just because of my childhood, how emotionally connected I am to the main-main characters and how I overall feel towards this universe. For someone who isn't emotionally connected like this and just want to see how it all ends I can easily see this one being a 5/10 - but not to me, to me it was just pure f*cking awesome, sad and satisfying.

    Sorry for the long answer mate!

    For a quick one I've just started my Hercules movie marathon with Kevin Sorbo - This is hilarious.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Katadunkass For This Useful Post:

    PegaSus (04-26-2019)

  8. #1131

    PegaSus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 00:12 AM
    Location
    Beilen
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Posts
    12,273
    Mentioned
    535 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    7,161
    Thanked 4,205x in 2,537 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Katadunkass View Post
    To give you a good answer on that, I feel I have to give you a bit of a back story:
    I grew up with Marvel and DC comics all my childhood. Sure, I read Donald Duck, Calvin and Hobbes and things like that, but my primary reading material from the age of 6 to 18 was comic books and mostly Iron Man, Thor and Captain America. I still have a lot of my older comics on my shelf and I still read them, so to me these characters mean a lot.

    Now, when seeing movies with these characters I, for this reason, almost completely lose my critical sense because I think it's so fantasticly awesome having these characters on the big screen like that. That doesn't mean I don't recognize a turd when I see one. The first two Thor movies: Not good. Iron Man 2 and 3 (mostly): Not good. Black Panther and Captain Marvel: HIGHLY overrated and amongst my least favorite Marvel movies (which surely means I'm both racist and sexist; White men FTW!).

    To answer your question: I absolutely f*cking loved Endgame. Is it flawed, filled with weird plot points and illogical at times? Oh yes! But I have been so emotionally invested with these characters for as long as I can remember, so non of that made any impact on me. There were moments in this movie I've been waiting to happen for 10-20 years and experiencing them like this put a huge smile on my face (Thanos pun). The final act is just one big love-letter to Marvel fans (movie and/or comics) and I just swallowed it like Sasha Grey on her best days. This movie isn't "art" in the same way Blade Runner: 2049 is to me, it isn't anything like that, but as a pure super hero movie in the Marvel Universe this movie is pretty near perfect for me.

    I rated it an 8/10 on IMDB, but that's all just because of my childhood, how emotionally connected I am to the main-main characters and how I overall feel towards this universe. For someone who isn't emotionally connected like this and just want to see how it all ends I can easily see this one being a 5/10 - but not to me, to me it was just pure f*cking awesome, sad and satisfying.

    Sorry for the long answer mate!

    For a quick one I've just started my Hercules movie marathon with Kevin Sorbo - This is hilarious.

    Hmm I understand you grew up with Marvel. I went to see End Game yesterday with a friend. I did not really enjoy it that much to be honest. The big battle was great, but so full of cliché's and unnecessary emotional scenes, which was getting a bit awkward after a while. I don't give a f*ck about one of the characters , so it did not impress me at all. I do get Marvel fanboys are losing their minds with this one, but for a neutral viewer like me [and my friend] we did find End Game mediocre at best. A 7.0 / 10 for me.
    My CD Collection:

    1000 items and rising

    http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=PegaSus2k6






  9. The Following User Says Thank You to PegaSus For This Useful Post:

    Katadunkass (04-26-2019)

  10. #1132
    Katadunkass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 22:44 PM
    Location
    Stoholm
    Gender
    Posts
    7,385
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,690
    Thanked 3,244x in 2,108 Posts
    Denmark
    Quote Originally Posted by PegaSus View Post
    Hmm I understand you grew up with Marvel. I went to see End Game yesterday with a friend. I did not really enjoy it that much to be honest. The big battle was great, but so full of cliché's and unnecessary emotional scenes, which was getting a bit awkward after a while. I don't give a f*ck about one of the characters , so it did not impress me at all. I do get Marvel fanboys are losing their minds with this one, but for a neutral viewer like me [and my friend] we did find End Game mediocre at best. A 7.0 / 10 for me.
    Definitely understandable!

    Btw. if you haven't watched The Haunting of Sharon Tate, I'll recommend it to you!

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Katadunkass For This Useful Post:

    PegaSus (04-26-2019)

  12. #1133

    PegaSus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 00:12 AM
    Location
    Beilen
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Posts
    12,273
    Mentioned
    535 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    7,161
    Thanked 4,205x in 2,537 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Katadunkass View Post
    Definitely understandable!

    Btw. if you haven't watched The Haunting of Sharon Tate, I'll recommend it to you!
    Haha do I need to trust the IMDB ratings or your word?
    My CD Collection:

    1000 items and rising

    http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=PegaSus2k6






  13. #1134
    Katadunkass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 22:44 PM
    Location
    Stoholm
    Gender
    Posts
    7,385
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,690
    Thanked 3,244x in 2,108 Posts
    Denmark
    Quote Originally Posted by PegaSus View Post
    Haha do I need to trust the IMDB ratings or your word?
    Haha in all honesty, and this is only because I really like you, you should most likely trust the IMDB rating. This is one of the few movies where I wish IMDB would create a 0/10 rating.

  14. #1135

    PegaSus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 00:12 AM
    Location
    Beilen
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Posts
    12,273
    Mentioned
    535 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    7,161
    Thanked 4,205x in 2,537 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Katadunkass View Post
    Haha in all honesty, and this is only because I really like you, you should most likely trust the IMDB rating. This is one of the few movies where I wish IMDB would create a 0/10 rating.
    Lol, thought so! Looks terrible indeed :S
    My CD Collection:

    1000 items and rising

    http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=PegaSus2k6






  15. #1136
    Sleepy Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 20:48 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    806
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    716
    Thanked 228x in 185 Posts
    Netherlands
    When i was younger i could bingewatch many movies a day but now i sometimes barely get trough one. I rather watch multiple episodes of tv series. I think many movies are way too long these days. Even an average romcom takes up 2 hours at least.

    Anyway, the last movie i've seen was Wonder Woman on Netflix and i actually enjoyed it.

  16. #1137
    Katadunkass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 22:44 PM
    Location
    Stoholm
    Gender
    Posts
    7,385
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,690
    Thanked 3,244x in 2,108 Posts
    Denmark
    110 movies for me this year so far - some of my favorite movies which have had screenings this year is They Shall Not Grow Old and McQueen.

    The best movie I've seen this year is a rewatch of one of my all time favorite movies, Fanny och Alexander, the 5 hour cut. Absolutely beautiful movie.

    The most enjoyable movie I've seen this year is T-Force from 1994. Pure class.

  17. #1138
    BladeRunner_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 21:48 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    266
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    319
    Thanked 128x in 96 Posts
    Bulgaria


    Impressive
    Last edited by BladeRunner_; 05-10-2019 at 09:12 AM.

  18. #1139
    BladeRunner_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 21:48 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    266
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    319
    Thanked 128x in 96 Posts
    Bulgaria




    This is awesome!

  19. #1140

    PegaSus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 00:12 AM
    Location
    Beilen
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Posts
    12,273
    Mentioned
    535 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    7,161
    Thanked 4,205x in 2,537 Posts
    Netherlands
    Saw the last John Wick with @Thijsje last week. Brutal! Liked it a lot!

    8.0 / 10
    My CD Collection:

    1000 items and rising

    http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=PegaSus2k6






  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PegaSus For This Useful Post:

    Katadunkass (05-28-2019), Thijs (06-04-2019)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •