Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314

Thread: The Thrillseekers - Escape (Artist Album) [FSOE]

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 18:25 PM
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440x in 1,809 Posts
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by Daysleeper View Post
    Someone made a fairly good point on reddit. It does sound like old A&B. (Tri-state is unbeatable though) Sonically and emotionally. Album has grown on me. Its smooth as hell. Sensual,sexy,emotive. Fuck all of you crying for trance. This is great The biggest dissapointments are actually the reworks incl. halcyon.

Athough, there's slighty too much cheese.but the production is at the top.
    Kinda agree with you, although I really liked the remakes which stood out from the rest: Halcyon is a nice, modern uplifter - you don't hear a lot of remakes that sound this good and clean while not being too noisy (plus that bassline!!!), and Escape really sounded nice as a relaxing track. Kinda reminds me of Ruthless Gravity by Craig Armstrong with those plucks.

Disclaimer: I haven't heard the originals (or I have but I've forgotten about them) and I don't look at those as remakes (read: I don't compare them to the originals) but rather as tracks on their own.

Of course, the definitive winner is Amber. It was written for his dog that passed away (named Amber). Nothing beats writing and producing out of pure emotions...

To conclude: YES, Just Because could've been one of the best on the album if it was included and YES, I wish I'd hear more of that from him. But this album is fine.
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

Last Online
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,281x in 1,586 Posts
    Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by allywheels View Post
    Have you been hacked?
    Not yet. Its funny, everyone basically already has stamped me as troll or mr grumpy so when im positive i get shit aswell. On a sidenote. I have bipolar disorder. So yep, im sick��
    #Sicknessesintheair

Say no to STEROIDS.

Last Online
    Today @ 04:25 AM
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 353x in 250 Posts
    Germany
    The production is indeed top notch, and so is the mastering. However, I do feel that for a trance album, we get very little trance. Also, a couple of the vocal tracks are, in my book, cheese.

having said that, For All That We Are is my favourite song, it's a wonderful piece of chillout.

Last Online
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,281x in 1,586 Posts
    Sweden
    Just gets better and better. Although Im a sucker for smooth romantic love songs

Also I never listen to just because. Gets boring after 2 listens. this album however.
    Last edited by Daysleeper; 07-23-2017 at 22:57 PM.
    #Sicknessesintheair

Say no to STEROIDS.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 18:03 PM
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,288x in 1,584 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Finally got around to listening to this properly.

Gonna agree with others here... The choice to lean more towards the Pop world rather than the edgier Trance world was a mistake in my eyes. Who has been the fanbase for the last decade and half? It has been the TRANCE fans not POP fans, so how are we expected to not be disappointed when Trance takes a back seat to the pop....hmmmmmm.

Way too much cheese regarding the vocals, and not daring enough musically generate any interesting, unexpected or memorable moments. Wouldn't surprise me if the collaboration process between vocals and music ended up dulling the expressiveness the track could take as both have to be formatted to accommodate for the other. I Gotta Let You Know is probably the prime example of this; a decently produced Trance track with vocals that could be recycled onto any chart pop music I hear at my gym...very bad! What happened when vocals were used as an INSTRUMENT...enhancing the track, not forcing it into rigid structures that we've heard for decades.... or how about clever samples that have mystery and creativity behind them.

Of course the whole thing is produced excellently though, so massive props for that, it was a joy for the ears. My favourite track is Without You which to me is most interesting track on the album and the vocals JUST about remain under my own personal cheeseometer. But why 4:00 mins for this track? Be more bold and experimental, you certainly have all the ingredients...again I think an example of where Pop formatted vocals restrict the track... could be wrong through. Also really like Escape and yes Amber is still a great great track. 6.3/10
    Last edited by Hensmon; 07-24-2017 at 16:12 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hensmon For This Useful Post:

Marco1979 (07-24-2017)

Last Online
    06-10-2019 @ 10:18 AM
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 677x in 514 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Hensmon View Post
    Gonna agree with others here... The choice to lean more towards the Pop world rather than the edgier Trance world was a mistake in my eyes. Who has been the fanbase for the last decade and half? It has been the TRANCE fans not POP fans, so how are we expected to not be disappointed when Trance takes a back seat to the pop....hmmmmmm.
    Great statement mate.

Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 424x in 275 Posts
    Hong Kong
    Revisiting this after a year and a half or so. A few cheesy tracks but by and large quite a decent album. I can understand why people are disappointed with the lack of trance on here, but this doesn't make it a bad album.