Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!
Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 195964656667686970 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1045

Thread: What's on your mind today? - Part 6

Last Online
    Today @ 00:06 AM
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,384x in 1,762 Posts
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    Was with my friends in a weekend cottage, on Danube, Friday till Sunday. It's a small village full of cottages, but it's remote and there isn't any cell signal.

We drank lots of beer, ate food we prepared then and there (fish and chips, beans with smoked ribs - my specialty, barbecue), went swimming, talked...it was pretty great.

The highlight of the whole weekend was when I had some beer (and Mary-Jane), put a towel on the grass, laid on it, took the binoculars and looked at the stars. The Perseid meteor shower was at its climax, but the lack of light pollution allowed me to look for something I had been looking for for a couple of years.

It was Andromeda. I knew where it was supposed to be located, but just couldn't see it with the naked eye. Binoculars definitely helped. Took me some good 30 minutes to locate it with binoculars, but when I did it was all I looked at. When you successfully locate it with binoculars, you can see it with a naked eye, but it's still hard to see it that way.

It was weird seeing it (for the first time). It's definitely hard to notice as it's not bright like a star and it doesn't have a clear light source (like a star). It's more like seeing a flashlight beam through a thick fog. It's pretty dimmed. I'll post a couple of pictures of how it actually looked like - to me, at least.
    Oh godddd just remembered this. One of the top moments of 2018 for me. These few days were full of 'em.
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

Last Online
    11-10-2019 @ 01:31 AM
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,817x in 1,367 Posts
    Norway
    Todays music is like cancer! I feel my braincells are vanishing when listening to the 'trance' music which are made today! How can you idiots seriously like it!?
    Old Skool Trance FTW!!!

Last Online
    07-27-2019 @ 01:00 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 32x in 20 Posts
    United States
    Ever wondered how your brain responds when the beat drops?
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx5_vdnF..._web_copy_link

Last Online
    11-10-2019 @ 13:58 PM
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,256x in 2,115 Posts
    Denmark
    So, we just got a new temp at work and we someone came to discuss music and especially electronic music which he states he's a big fan of. I asked him which artists he likes and he named a couple mainstream ones like Armin and stuff like that. I couldn't help myself and asked him about older artists like Sasha, Digweed and even Orkidea, but he had never heard of them; Because of that I REALLY had to ask about Jean Michel Jarre and he had honest to God never heard about him.

Jesus f*cking christ, one of the biggest names in electronic music of ALL TIME - Chronology 4 still puts me in tears!

So, I told him to look him up - can't wait for tomorrow and hear what he thinks.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Katadunkass For This Useful Post:

PegaSus (05-27-2019)

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 17:40 PM
    Mentioned
    541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,228x in 2,555 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Katadunkass View Post
    So, we just got a new temp at work and we someone came to discuss music and especially electronic music which he states he's a big fan of. I asked him which artists he likes and he named a couple mainstream ones like Armin and stuff like that. I couldn't help myself and asked him about older artists like Sasha, Digweed and even Orkidea, but he had never heard of them; Because of that I REALLY had to ask about Jean Michel Jarre and he had honest to God never heard about him.

Jesus f*cking christ, one of the biggest names in electronic music of ALL TIME - Chronology 4 still puts me in tears!

[videyoutube;Eqilin4Cv08]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqilin4Cv08]movie[/URL]

So, I told him to look him up - can't wait for tomorrow and hear what he thinks.
    Did he like described his fav techno tune to be Tiesto - Traffic?
    My CD Collection:

1000 items and rising

http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=PegaSus2k6

Last Online
    Today @ 04:06 AM
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,242x in 1,549 Posts
    United Kingdom
    When I was a kid I would always play around with cheap software, making movies to go along with music I liked. Well now I have a GoPro and all the time in the world travelling I finally got to start this passion again. Here's my first go. Its a video of a 5 day hike I did through a national park in Chile. This place...words cannot describe how beautiful it was. My footage misses half the beauty this place has to offer. Fun to make, there will be more...

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hensmon For This Useful Post:

BladeRunner_ (06-03-2019), Gagi (06-03-2019), Katadunkass (06-03-2019)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Denmark
    ^Is that you at 0:45?

Last Online
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    United Kingdom
    @Katadunkass, yes mate, all man-bun footage is me haha

Last Online
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by Hensmon View Post
    When I was a kid I would always play around with cheap software, making movies to go along with music I liked. Well now I have a GoPro and all the time in the world travelling I finally got to start this passion again. Here's my first go. Its a video of a 5 day hike I did through a national park in Chile. This place...words cannot describe how beautiful it was. My footage misses half the beauty this place has to offer. Fun to make, there will be more...

[videyoutube;Ghzsx114RF4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghzsx114RF4&feature=youtu.be]movie[/URL]
    Nice work dude! What a beautiful place, I could imagine the views are breathtaking.

How is your trip? How much are you hiking per day, what does your 'schedule' look like? What shoes are you wearing (and how are they serving you)?

Last Online
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Denmark
    @Katadunkass, yes mate, all man-bun footage is me haha
    Damn, so beautiful! The landscape as well

Last Online
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    United Kingdom
    @Gagi, My trip is good, did 3 months in Chile and will do about 1.5 months in Bolivia before heading to Peru in a few weeks. Chile is a hiking paradise and almost all activities involve this, especially Patagonia in the south. But even in the north when you hit the desert there are still endless national parks and incredible things to see. I was walking 25,000 - 35,000 steps almost everyday at one point. Bolivia I have been hiking less, but still get some in. Unfortunately got a very bad double knee injury on my last hike so now gonna be out of the game for at least 1 month while I try and recover.

I'm wearing Soloman hiking boots for all activities and then my nikes for city walk and day to day use. Both serving me well!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hensmon For This Useful Post:

Gagi (06-04-2019)

Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 150x in 116 Posts
    Bulgaria
    How did you plan your trip? Are you using services of tour guides or organize everything by yourself? Seems like epic journey.

Wish you speedy recovery!
    Last edited by BladeRunner_; 06-04-2019 at 17:27 PM.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    @Gagi, My trip is good, did 3 months in Chile and will do about 1.5 months in Bolivia before heading to Peru in a few weeks. Chile is a hiking paradise and almost all activities involve this, especially Patagonia in the south. But even in the north when you hit the desert there are still endless national parks and incredible things to see. I was walking 25,000 - 35,000 steps almost everyday at one point. Bolivia I have been hiking less, but still get some in. Unfortunately got a very bad double knee injury on my last hike so now gonna be out of the game for at least 1 month while I try and recover.

I'm wearing Soloman hiking boots for all activities and then my nikes for city walk and day to day use. Both serving me well!
    I'm assuming that many steps amount to around 25 km, right? That's a solid hike, my longest was around 30 (including a ruck the whole way and just a bit of running) and my feet were killing me for the last 5. Anyways, if you got any pics (or even more videos) of your travels feel free to share. Always up for looking at amazing landscapes.

I can say that you're probably living my dream right now (or at least one of). Hiking (incl. physical exertion), the almost untouched nature, peace & quiet, amazing places, amazing views... God I'm jealous. How did you make it possible?

Sucks for your knee, hope you recover soon. If you ever get tired, hungry, thirsty or in pain in Bolivia, I know of one plant that is very native to the region that will suppress hunger, thirst, pain and fatigue.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeRunner_ View Post
    How did you plan your trip? Are you using services of tour guides or organize everything by yourself? Seems like epic journey.
    I only planned the countries You'd be surprised at how easy things are once you begin and how little planning is needed. I know which way i'm moving and then the best places, sights, hikes and tours etc will either present themselves via word of mouth or are available via a quick blog search. The backpacker and tourist path is very well carved out. Tours exist for all the experiences but I try to avoid when I can. Most of the planning I did was around which countries to visit and the route to take over a year.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Hensmon For This Useful Post:

BladeRunner_ (06-24-2019)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    I can say that you're probably living my dream right now (or at least one of). Hiking (incl. physical exertion), the almost untouched nature, peace & quiet, amazing places, amazing views... God I'm jealous. How did you make it possible?
    Yeah i'm loving it and the nature aspect is for sure the best part. I also get to meet and hangout with people from all over the world, which when I stop to think about it is very unique and enjoyable. I have travelled with people from Argentina, Hong Kong, Canary Islands, Malaysia, Canada... list goes on. Good stuff

I have a lot I could say about travelling like this, but will just mention one for now. The idea of the travel 'dream' is a complicated one. It is real to an extent, but also will not provide a form of escape from the baggage you carry in your everyday life at home. You bring that stuff with you and I probably deal with as much issues here as I did back at home. It can be viewed as this perfect lifestyle but its not so simple. However I have broken out of a routine that defines the majority of peoples lives and on top of that I get new experiences, perspectives, cultures and environments etc and it is fantastic. Travelling at 18 changed my life and over a decade later I'm sure this one will as well. Could not recommend it enough. I saved roughly 1 year for the trip.

Heres some of my photos (I post one per place I visit) - https://www.instagram.com/the.legit.hensmon/

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hensmon For This Useful Post:

BladeRunner_ (06-24-2019), Gagi (06-24-2019)