Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!
Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175762636465666768 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1020

Thread: What's on your mind today? - Part 6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 23:40 PM
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,192x in 2,074 Posts
    Denmark
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    This has been puzzling me for quite some time...
    @Katadunkass, what does Katadunkass mean? Is that a word or a combination of a few? Is your nickname Kata and you like to watch NBA Slam Dunk (and asses too)?

I don't believe you're any of these things: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Dunkass (except maybe tall, I don't know that)

You know, I would love if I could provide a fantastic story about my name, but the truth is rather... boring tbh.
    It all started some 12-13 years ago in my mates basement. We were playing Dungeons and Dragons and had to come up with a name to our characters. All the good ones were taken, so I just sat there, all blank. All of the sudden something fell on the floor, it was a big wooden box if I remember correctly, and it made the sound "katadunk" as it hit some other objects and finally the floor. The "ass" part was added much later because... well, who doesn't love ass.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Katadunkass For This Useful Post:

Gagi (09-29-2018)

Last Online
    Today @ 01:07 AM
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,144x in 1,586 Posts
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by Katadunkass View Post
    You know, I would love if I could provide a fantastic story about my name, but the truth is rather... boring tbh.
    It all started some 12-13 years ago in my mates basement. We were playing Dungeons and Dragons and had to come up with a name to our characters. All the good ones were taken, so I just sat there, all blank. All of the sudden something fell on the floor, it was a big wooden box if I remember correctly, and it made the sound "katadunk" as it hit some other objects and finally the floor. The "ass" part was added much later because... well, who doesn't love ass.
    Katadunkasstittiesassandtittiesassasstittiestittie sassandtitties
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

Katadunkass (09-29-2018)

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 16:37 PM
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 122x in 93 Posts
    Bulgaria

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BladeRunner_ For This Useful Post:

Gagi (10-20-2018)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Denmark
    Back from a small holiday and had a great time with almost no social media contact - felt so refreshing! BUT, now I'm way behind on my Singularity episodes and movies, so got some catching up to do now

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Katadunkass For This Useful Post:

Gagi (11-07-2018)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by Katadunkass View Post
    Back from a small holiday and had a great time with almost no social media contact - felt so refreshing!
    When you do stuff like that, you realize how many things you don't actually need, especially regarding social media. That's how I unsubscribed, unfollowed, unfriended and uninstalled most of the channels/people/apps.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

BladeRunner_ (11-08-2018)

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 00:07 AM
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 932x in 572 Posts
    Canada
    I was gonna type a detailed reply to @Contact's ranting about artists, but then I realized I'm way too high to do that right now

Facebook / SoundCloud / Bandcamp

Head in the stars, heart in the sound

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

Gagi (11-09-2018)

Last Online
    Today @ 02:30 AM
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 134x in 110 Posts
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    I was gonna type a detailed reply to @Contact's ranting about artists, but then I realized I'm way too high to do that right now
    I am cool with a debate. I love this music a lot and the people that make it. Unfortunately, people see my comments as being hostile/arrogant and very bold. While arrogant maybe true, but it's just sharing my love for this music. To me these guys had way more artistic freedom back in the day.
    Last edited by Contact; 11-09-2018 at 08:12 AM.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 00:07 AM
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 932x in 572 Posts
    Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Contact View Post
    I am cool with a debate. I love this music a lot and the people that make it. Unfortunately, people see my comments as being hostile/arrogant and very bold. While arrogant maybe true, but it's just sharing my love for this music. To me these guys had way more artistic freedom back in the day.
    It's all in your head dude. For instance, I'm a diehard fan of BT and I have heard from the man himself how he feels he has more sonic freedom than ever these days. He LIKES bass music and the trance 2.0 sound. I think I agree with you over how that sound is very commercial and way too easy to half-ass, but it also can be done very well - and IMO the extended mixes from his album A Song Across Wires are the best anyone has ever done with that sound. I ignored how good that sound is for much too long because I took the word of people on this forum who hated it for granted. And assuming these artists are slaves to labels somehow, or that their health is in danger like Avicii? Even the people who have such problems would probably be hurt and disrespected by your words. It's not for you or anyone to assume that much else about someone else's life unless they've told you or you personally know them. Just keep that to yourself.

You're entitled to your opinion, and others are entitled to tell you that it's wrong. That's how free speech works.

Facebook / SoundCloud / Bandcamp

Head in the stars, heart in the sound

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

Gagi (11-09-2018)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    It's all in your head dude. For instance, I'm a diehard fan of BT and I have heard from the man himself how he feels he has more sonic freedom than ever these days. He LIKES bass music and the trance 2.0 sound. I think I agree with you over how that sound is very commercial and way too easy to half-ass, but it also can be done very well - and IMO the extended mixes from his album A Song Across Wires are the best anyone has ever done with that sound. I ignored how good that sound is for much too long because I took the word of people on this forum who hated it for granted. And assuming these artists are slaves to labels somehow, or that their health is in danger like Avicii? Even the people who have such problems would probably be hurt and disrespected by your words. It's not for you or anyone to assume that much else about someone else's life unless they've told you or you personally know them. Just keep that to yourself.

You're entitled to your opinion, and others are entitled to tell you that it's wrong. That's how free speech works.
    Damn man, nicely put. Can't argue with that at all.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

Altair (11-10-2018)

Last Online
    01-24-2019 @ 15:05 PM
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,797x in 1,350 Posts
    Norway
    Bleh.
    Old Skool Trance FTW!!!

Last Online
    01-19-2019 @ 21:20 PM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 32x in 20 Posts
    United States
    conservatives: everyone should die
    leftists: everyone should live
    liberals: if you work 80 hours a week, you should have access to not dying

Last Online
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    NYE...and the eternal dilemma around it.

I don't know about where you live, but here NYE is spent drinking, going out, clubbing...just plain old partying. And it can be great. Some NYE parties I still remember. Yes, in the grand scheme of things, it's just another night, it's celebrating the Earth going around the Sun yet again for like 4,5-billionth time. But going out with your friends is fun. And when most people are out too, it's even more fun.

But it's expensive... On itself, it's not much to dissuade you. But...

Lately I've been having a hard time understanding hedonism. People hanging out all day long at the bookmakers (which are efficiently fused with cafes), placing bets and drinking coffees or whatever, or even just cafes downtown.

Yes, I do all these things sometimes, especially cafes. But I never go to a cafe just like that, to kill my time. I do it to see the other person, catch up with a friend, sometimes even go alone, order tea and study or do something college-related. It's not that what bothers me - it's killing your time by being there, with no real purpose to it.

Here's what made me realize that.

I went hiking to a mountain nearby recently, like two months ago. After 4 friends rejected my invitation (one wasn't there, one overslept, one had visitors, one was hospitalized over a kidney stone), I said "fuck it" and went alone. Didn't want to let their absence restrict me from doing what I've wanted for quite some time.

And let me tell you. It changed me. I packed some cornbread muffins (small, practical and satiating), some chocolate and water, reserve clothes, put on my hiking/trail sneakers and went. I've covered around 25 km, mostly over the highest, flat hills (with amazing overview of everything around me), with a hard ascent to the top of one hill. Saw some historic monuments on the way, had to battle with my willpower as after the first 10 km I thought I would need a ride back home, completed the hike and enjoyed every single second of it. I did all that alone, and to be honest never felt bored, didn't even need to listen to music or anything. Just silence and my thoughts.

I could write about this for an hour, but I digress. Whenever I see that mountain nearby, hear about a cool spot on it I could visit or just see a simple photo, I get a bit sad. I want to go there again, but I can't because of the weather. I can't wait for the spring, when the weather is perfect and the exams end. I want to push myself physically and mentally again, see the nature, visit new spots, climb new peaks, discover new things...

So when I see these people sitting at cafes, bookmakers or whatever all day long, I think to myself: Is that really all you want to do with your life? Is that what you aspire to? I understand I might not be the most productive or driven guy there is, and definitely pretty far from what I'd like to be, but it still bothers me, the mindless fulfillment of the most basic and superficial momentary wishes and pleasures. When has that become normal? It's like true passion is out of style. Or maybe that's just what it's like when you look from the outside. Let's be clear, enjoying a coffee downtown is ok; having it every day for multiple hours is probably not. Same with my friends smoking weed every other night, stuffing food down their throats and mindlessly watching their phone or TV. How does that make you a better person?

That's what makes me pretty cynical about NYE as well. Spending a lot of money on a yet another evening of which there were and will be many, drinking and eating (so again, hedonism)... That money would be much better spent elsewhere, on your true interests perhaps.

Of course, you always have the choice of not going partying and staying home... But then you're the one being alone doing nothing while your friends are out having fun. Ha.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

BladeRunner_ (12-25-2018)

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 16:37 PM
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 122x in 93 Posts
    Bulgaria

Last Online
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Denmark
    So, I've been off the grid for some time now and that's because I'm working on a new office at home - new desk, speakers, amp, dac, headphones and so on and it takes a lot of time and costs a lot of money, haha - damn.

I hope you're all doing well!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Katadunkass For This Useful Post:

Daysleeper (01-26-2019), Hensmon (01-27-2019)

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 22:32 PM
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,134x in 1,478 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Been planning and saving for a very long time for a year long trip around South/Central America... today I finally arrived at the first stop in Chile. This will be the longest single trip I have ever taken, so should be interesting to see how I handle it. In a few days I am hitchhiking over 1500km with my backpack and tent all the way to the south of Chile, then slowly working my way back up the continent until I reach the top of Mexico. Good times ahead!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hensmon For This Useful Post:

BladeRunner_ (01-28-2019), Katadunkass (01-27-2019)