Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!
Page 57 of 73 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast

Thread: What's on your mind today? - Part 6

Last Online
    05-22-2020 @ 18:59 PM
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 948x in 582 Posts
    Canada
    If I can find a way to keep up with local events without it, I'm gonna quit Facebook in the next week. It's not doing anything for me anymore, and is only keeping me from going out and making friends in my own space.

Facebook / SoundCloud / Bandcamp

Head in the stars, heart in the sound

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

Gagi (07-24-2017)

Last Online
    04-08-2020 @ 17:38 PM
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 465x in 383 Posts
    United States
    Sad to hear about Chester Bennington
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/20/a...ark-dead.html?

Last Online
    Today @ 17:29 PM
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,572x in 1,908 Posts
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    If I can find a way to keep up with local events without it, I'm gonna quit Facebook in the next week. It's not doing anything for me anymore, and is only keeping me from going out and making friends in my own space.
    To be completely honest, I think Facebook is not at fault here. If it's not physically restraining you, then it means it's your mind. Facebook is just taking an easy path towards socialization. So keep the Facebook, go out regardless. Quit seeking perfection (before you even start). I know what I'm talking about here, went through the same thing. You ditch the Facebook, then there's another thing which is 'keeping' you that you need to solve, then it's rainy outside, then you're not feeling it and so on.

I wanted to ditch Facebook some time ago because of other reasons, actually. It was unnecessary to me. Just a time-waster, and it didn't contribute anything to my life, other than communication with friends and fellow musicians and students. So that's why I ultimately kept it. Can't do without it. Now, however, you can communicate via Messenger only, without a Facebook profile so if I wanted to, I could ditch it. But I unfollowed a lot of people, my feed is almost clean and I rarely check it anyways. Problem solved!
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

Last Online
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Saw a recent picture of my first-ever girlfriend, in a swimsuit, by the swimming pool. We broke up some 6 years ago (and a few months more), when we were 15-16. My fucking god, she's like a model now. I'd say she's got a (near) perfect body now - she was always cute. She was clingy AF though, ultimately why I broke up with her.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    To be completely honest, I think Facebook is not at fault here. If it's not physically restraining you, then it means it's your mind. Facebook is just taking an easy path towards socialization. So keep the Facebook, go out regardless. Quit seeking perfection (before you even start). I know what I'm talking about here, went through the same thing. You ditch the Facebook, then there's another thing which is 'keeping' you that you need to solve, then it's rainy outside, then you're not feeling it and so on.

I wanted to ditch Facebook some time ago because of other reasons, actually. It was unnecessary to me. Just a time-waster, and it didn't contribute anything to my life, other than communication with friends and fellow musicians and students. So that's why I ultimately kept it. Can't do without it. Now, however, you can communicate via Messenger only, without a Facebook profile so if I wanted to, I could ditch it. But I unfollowed a lot of people, my feed is almost clean and I rarely check it anyways. Problem solved!
    I get what you're saying, and I actually did ended up keeping Messenger - I needed to make a new dummy account to manage my music page anyways. No musician can really afford not to have a FB account these days. But everything it did wrt a personal account was indeed a waste of time. I just felt like I needed to cut the cord with more finality, because temptation is easy; earlier this year I just abstained from FB for a while and ended up going right back to useless habits. One of my best friends also cut the cord recently, though in her case she sadly didn't keep Messenger.

And making new friends in my own space is kind of imperative for me. My very few closest friends from high school are all far away now, and FB was essentially enabling me to live in the past rather than come to grips with my current solitude. I'm autistic, socialization is hard for me. But I must at least try, and the first step was getting a handle on my internet addiction. Now it's a matter of just finding groups in my city I can connect with, and I already have some ideas.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

Gagi (07-25-2017)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    I get what you're saying, and I actually did ended up keeping Messenger - I needed to make a new dummy account to manage my music page anyways. No musician can really afford not to have a FB account these days. But everything it did wrt a personal account was indeed a waste of time. I just felt like I needed to cut the cord with more finality, because temptation is easy; earlier this year I just abstained from FB for a while and ended up going right back to useless habits. One of my best friends also cut the cord recently, though in her case she sadly didn't keep Messenger.

And making new friends in my own space is kind of imperative for me. My very few closest friends from high school are all far away now, and FB was essentially enabling me to live in the past rather than come to grips with my current solitude. I'm autistic, socialization is hard for me. But I must at least try, and the first step was getting a handle on my internet addiction. Now it's a matter of just finding groups in my city I can connect with, and I already have some ideas.
    Well, in any case, good luck, wish you nothing but success. No matter how hard it is, just do it without (over)thinking. Fail or success, you'll have something to learn on and improve, and maybe new friends. You'll respect yourself for even trying.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

Altair (07-25-2017)

Last Online
    Today @ 14:49 PM
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,844x in 1,390 Posts
    Norway
    Saw a recent picture of my first-ever girlfriend, in a swimsuit, by the swimming pool. We broke up some 6 years ago (and a few months more), when we were 15-16. My fucking god, she's like a model now. I'd say she's got a (near) perfect body now - she was always cute. She was clingy AF though, ultimately why I broke up with her.
    You broke up with her because she was clingy? Then you didnt deserve her. Man some people!
    Old Skool Trance FTW!!!

Last Online
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by Halon View Post
    You broke up with her because she was clingy? Then you didnt deserve her. Man some people!
    Well add that I was still a teen, and I didn't want to be that guy that falls in love with his 1st GF only because it's his 1st.

We went to the same school, man she didn't let me eat on a lunch break! Cool otherwise, but that was killing me - no breathing room. From the very start.

Ultimately, you're right. But it's not like I'm regretting it. I'm just saying I'd smash.

Last Online
    Today @ 14:49 PM
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,844x in 1,390 Posts
    Norway
    Well add that I was still a teen, and I didn't want to be that guy that falls in love with his 1st GF only because it's his 1st.

We went to the same school, man she didn't let me eat on a lunch break! Cool otherwise, but that was killing me - no breathing room. From the very start.

Ultimately, you're right. But it's not like I'm regretting it. I'm just saying I'd smash.
    Well, yeah. So she was like that 'Meme girl' ? Then i understand.
    Old Skool Trance FTW!!!

Last Online
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Canada
    Had a less-than-ideal day at my job stocking meat in a grocery store. My boss wanted the entirety of a pallet cleared, but I could only do a little over half - due to my Autism and ADHD I work more slowly as a general rule. And I let the stress get to me in a way that affected my performance further.

I don't hate this job, but I can't stay with it. I'm becoming restless about the prospect of leaving it, which I hope to do before the end of the year. All I want is something full-time where I can focus purely on my attention to detail (something which my current boss has praised me on), and where I don't have people constantly asking me to speed up. Plus, I'll never be able to afford the music gear I want with this job.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Canada
    Donald Trump is a fucking existential threat to humanity. Someone get that egomaniacal son-of-a-bitch's finger off the button. Please. I don't want to see him end the world just to wave around his oversized atomic cock.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Been coding for this project for more than a year now as - it's a big part of my course's grade (40%) and a requirement for passing the course. I've submitted it (meaning it worked) for probably 3 times already (September, January, June), and failed on the elimination exam each time (which consists of coding for an hour, making a small program the TA wants us to and it has to work perfectly for you to pass). Whoever passes that elimination exam, is due to show his project to the TA, get some theory questions and usually pass. Who doesn't, needs to wait for the next submission date (June/September/January).

2 out of those 3 times, I've failed the elimination exam purely for stupid, trivial reasons - entirely my fault and shame (but if I had additional 10 minutes, I would've solved it). It would have worked literally if I wrote just one key word there! The other time I wasn't quick enough.

And to be honest, it's one of the better things that had happened. Between submission dates, I always try to improve it, make it work better, more efficient - as opposed to submitting the same project every time. As a result, I always learn something new and essential - this year I've talked to my TA about using Java Generics to improve the project and he said that this is beyond the scope of our course, but praised the idea.

I've definitely become a better Java programmer than I was before each of my submissions, and possibly better than most have that took part in the course. Even better - I learned a lot of the stuff myself, thanks to my rare curiosity when it comes to this stuff.

I'm going to pass this course this September. Mark my words.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

Altair (08-12-2017)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Canada
    Been coding for this project for more than a year now as - it's a big part of my course's grade (40%) and a requirement for passing the course. I've submitted it (meaning it worked) for probably 3 times already (September, January, June), and failed on the elimination exam each time (which consists of coding for an hour, making a small program the TA wants us to and it has to work perfectly for you to pass). Whoever passes that elimination exam, is due to show his project to the TA, get some theory questions and usually pass. Who doesn't, needs to wait for the next submission date (June/September/January).

2 out of those 3 times, I've failed the elimination exam purely for stupid, trivial reasons - entirely my fault and shame (but if I had additional 10 minutes, I would've solved it). It would have worked literally if I wrote just one key word there! The other time I wasn't quick enough.

And to be honest, it's one of the better things that had happened. Between submission dates, I always try to improve it, make it work better, more efficient - as opposed to submitting the same project every time. As a result, I always learn something new and essential - this year I've talked to my TA about using Java Generics to improve the project and he said that this is beyond the scope of our course, but praised the idea.

I've definitely become a better Java programmer than I was before each of my submissions, and possibly better than most have that took part in the course. Even better - I learned a lot of the stuff myself, thanks to my rare curiosity when it comes to this stuff.

I'm going to pass this course this September. Mark my words.
    I believe in you!

Last Online
    Today @ 19:50 PM
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,327x in 2,166 Posts
    Denmark
    Just told a fantastic woman that I have feelings for her, but she didn't feel the same way about me - so feeling a bit down lately

Last Online
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Thanks @Altair!
    @Katadunkass that sucks. Hope it doesn't make things awkward. Hope you cheer up too.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

Altair (08-13-2017), Katadunkass (08-12-2017)

Page 57 of 73 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast