Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Psy-Trance section for Upcoming Releases!?

Last Online
    09-07-2018 @ 16:22 PM
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 158x in 117 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Hensmon View Post
    Doesn't really matter, no point getting tied up over these things, just would like to have a place to post and find more psychedelic tracks. Even the cheesey ones! Like what Thijs is saying, you can have a range of styles.

'(Upcoming) Psy-Trance Releases' or '(Upcoming) Psychedelic Releases' works for me! Anyone else think this is a good idea?
    @Nangle @tep @Phael
    So if someone posts that collab of Rayel and Sixma in upcoming trance releases that's fine?

Last Online
    01-18-2020 @ 12:18 PM
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 241x in 207 Posts
    Portugal
    Bring it on. Great idea!
    techno, trance & most recently progressive psychadelic trance addicted.

Last Online
    01-18-2020 @ 14:14 PM
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,696x in 1,024 Posts
    Estonia
    Doesn't really matter, no point getting tied up over these things, just would like to have a place to post and find more psychedelic tracks. Even the cheesey ones! Like what Thijs is saying, you can have a range of styles.

'(Upcoming) Psy-Trance Releases' or '(Upcoming) Psychedelic Releases' works for me! Anyone else think this is a good idea?
    @Nangle @tep @Phael
    I dont really listen to psy, so i dont feel like it is necessary, i still think organizing the release section somehow is more crucial, currently it just has so much information. Needs some filters.
    2016 TOP 5 (updated in July)
    1. Aymon - Sopor
    2. Avenue One feat. Fenja - Call of Summer (Suncatcher Remix)
    3. M.I.K.E. Push - Estivate
    4. The Noble Six - Oddworld
    5. Aurosonic - They Wait For Us (Progressive Remix)

Last Online
    06-04-2017 @ 16:56 PM
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,065x in 2,348 Posts
    Scotland

@Nangle @tep @Phael
    I hate Psy-trance so no.

Realistically its a genre in itself with its own sub genres and this is a trance based website. We might as well have a techno section as well if this is the case, given that trance also takes influence to sounds in that too.
    May Mix

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 15:43 PM
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,288x in 1,584 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Ok good feedback, but I think it is worth mentioning that it is not what YOU want (i.e if you enjoy Psy-Trance), but if this is something that the groups of users would want and whether it would have a positive or negative impact on the site.

Firstly @Nangle, Psy-Trance is 100% part of the Trance family (lol is the name not a clue), and is more so than anything else out there. Without going too off-topic and defining things, but just take a look at Magnus, Activa styles that emmerging... John Fleming, Cosmithex, Lesden etc. Trance music encapsulates styles from Progressive Airwave right the way through to Atkinson Tech. So many different styles living as one but they are all part of the world of Trance, no question for me... Hands down relevant and definetly worthy of a small sub-section underneath main UR in my opinion.

@tep, I agree that organization of the main UR is something to be looked at, but that I actually see a sub-section as a way of contributing to this organization problem as it removes psy-trance releases from this section, giving it more focus. Same way our current sub-section of former Trance artists acts as a ground for posting alterantive releases and keeping them out of the main section.

@Hugo - You can't really control what people post, but I find these things usually sort themselves out without too much trouble. Too much definition/rules about what is or isnt psy-trance would just lead to needless debate. Ultimately we all want to disover more great Psy-Trance releases so if a couple of Tech trance tracks find there way in there I don't think it's worth loosing any sleep over. Moderators can also sort these things out.

It's simple for me really...Psy-Trance community has a huggge online presence and many enjoy all other styles of Trance too. Giving these potential users a resource for finding new releases from this style will only increase activity in the site. It will clean up and focus other sections and gives us all a new place to discover music. Not only this but very easy to implement. Can't think of a down-side to be fair...

Last Online
    06-04-2017 @ 16:56 PM
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,065x in 2,348 Posts
    Scotland
    Firstly @Nangle, Psy-Trance is 100% part of the Trance family (lol is the name not a clue), and is more so than anything else out there. Without going too off-topic and defining things, but just take a look at Magnus, Activa styles that emmerging... John Fleming, Cosmithex, Lesden etc. Trance music encapsulates styles from Progressive Airwave right the way through to Atkinson Tech. So many different styles living as one but they are all part of the world of Trance, no question for me... Hands down relevant and definetly worthy of a small sub-section underneath main UR in my opinion.
    Hmmm, i just wonder why its taken until now for so many to start opening their eyes to it? A large part of me feels as much as you'll probably hate to hear this, that its a phase that many - not all - are going through. There was little or no mention regarding it until 3-4 years ago and if you look at when many of the threads relating to it were formed its further proof of that.

At the end of the day, there is no harm implementing it and I'm probably being disputatious because i have a few days off, but we've managed up until now without it and theres plenty of forums already out there solely dedicated to psy-trance.

P.S. You should never have tagged me in thread!
    May Mix

Last Online
    Today @ 16:48 PM
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,450x in 1,816 Posts
    Serbia
    I don't like psy/goa/whatever (to be fair, I haven't given it a chance), but it'd be alright with me since there's some people here who love that (sub-)genre. I do like techno as well but I think it'd be too much since if we'd get a sub-section for different genres (we like techno, some users like Bigroom EDM, some of us like chillout/ambient and even film music), it'd be just EDMfix. We have our separate threads for techno, chillout and whatnot, and although they seem too small, it's easier for us to browse a single thread rather than a whole section looking for good music. Though I'd rather improve the forum itself.

For instance, it'd be nice to have "Recent forum posts" for different sub-sections of the forum (example - Recent forum posts in (Upcoming) Trance Releases, Recent forum posts in General Discussion etc), for easier browsing (at least that's where I look for new posts in threads I like), and to be honest sometimes the "Recent forum posts" section is often cluttered with radio shows threads which I don't even open. Maybe just make a page full of it? It'd allow you to skip what you don't want to see and access the threads you want easier.

I don't know, maybe there could be a poll for choosing which (sub-)genre deserves a separate section?
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

Last Online
    07-29-2019 @ 18:04 PM
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 268x in 201 Posts
    Finland
    I don't know. For me the biggest problem here would be how to define if some stuff is psy or not. Astrix for sure would go into that category but a lot of stuff from for an example JOOF Recordings are in my opinion so-so. When does progressive trance turn into progressive psy? When does trance with some psy and acid elements become psychedelic trance?

I also have a feeling that a lot of goodies would be unchecked if those would be in some smaller "psy section" instead of upcoming trance releases. At least I don't check other releases section all that often.

I think psytrance is part of trance just as any other subgenre and in my opinion it fits into upcoming trance section just fine.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quethas For This Useful Post:

Hensmon (09-29-2015), Rok (11-03-2015)

Last Online
    09-07-2018 @ 16:22 PM
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 158x in 117 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangle View Post
    Hmmm, i just wonder why its taken until now for so many to start opening their eyes to it? A large part of me feels as much as you'll probably hate to hear this, that its a phase that many - not all - are going through. There was little or no mention regarding it until 3-4 years ago and if you look at when many of the threads relating to it were formed its further proof of that.

At the end of the day, there is no harm implementing it and I'm probably being disputatious because i have a few days off, but we've managed up until now without it and theres plenty of forums already out there solely dedicated to psy-trance.

Psychedelic trance (or Goa) was always considered trance, hell, most trance was psychedelic when the whole genre started. It's just that when uplifting came that the scenes split more. Before that it was pretty much one, hell, I even saw a vid of Cox playing a Doof tracks like a week ago.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangle View Post
    Haha yeah, actually I tagged you and Tep because I knew you didn't like Psy-Trance and could give some objective views/other side of argument

I get what you say about peak interest in last 3-4 years of Psy and agree that is kinda 'trendy' at the moment, but I stick with Hugo and that actually for most people its been a big thing for decades and has simply just become even more obvious in the public view recently.

I don't really have any issue with keeping it the main section. The reason I suggested a section for Psy-Trance is due to the sheer volume of its releases. It can all be considered Trance, whereas Trance orientated Techno (for example) is far fewer by numbers and more suited for a single thread. The sheer volume of the psychdelic style is why I suggested a potential place to put it in, rather than me putting it all in the main section and have it loose its 'pure' Trance focus.

Last Online
    01-09-2016 @ 01:52 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2x in 2 Posts
    United Kingdom
    If your going to do a sub forum relating to all things Psychedelic Trance inclusive of its many sub genres, just name it what it is 'Psychedelic Trance', thus covering the full spectrum. Goa Trance is a sub genre of Psychedelic music, same as Psychedelic Rock.

Also the name Psychedelic Trance is far more appealing and inviting for your readers, members and those that browse.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    United Kingdom
    Anyone else think this is worth giving a go? @cheer_up

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hensmon For This Useful Post:

MrVrhgyiB (01-13-2016)

Last Online
    01-18-2020 @ 13:32 PM
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 684x in 447 Posts
    Lithuania
    So.. do you want to post psy-trance music or psy music?

If it's about psy trance then why don't you post it the UR section right away? I don't see any problems with that, it's still trance just like tech, uplifting, little-fluffy-unicorn or any other kind of trance. And trance releases go to the UR section.

If you have psychedelic music in mind, then Music Related Discussion section is the right one to share your favourites.

I don't see the need for a new sub-forum at all.
    Wrote a review of a trance release ?
    PM me and it might get posted on the frontpage

You friendzoned me for Trance?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cheer_up For This Useful Post:

HugoHak (01-13-2016)

Last Online
    12-11-2017 @ 19:28 PM
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 598x in 459 Posts
    Hungary
    A lot of people would complain if Psy releases appear in the UR section. There are way too many threads created there now too. The music-releated section is not what we want to do with this, I think.

KANYE FOR LIVE!!

Last Online
    01-18-2020 @ 13:32 PM
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 684x in 447 Posts
    Lithuania
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVrhgyiB View Post
    A lot of people would complain if Psy releases appear in the UR section.
    Well, you cannot please everyone. I, for instance, can't stand those orchestral trance tracks with long emotional omg-I-am-going-to-cry breakdowns and I believe a lot of people feel the same about these. But that's not the reason for moving this kind of music to some separate sub-forum.
    UR is a forum for trance releases and all trance goes in there.

Quote Originally Posted by MrVrhgyiB View Post
    There are way too many threads created there now too.
    That's right, but this is another story. Problem #1 is that there are loads and loads of music released every week and problem #2 is that managing all that info (grouping, sorting, searching, displaying) on TF currently sux and we still haven't decided on what's the best solution to this.
    But I can say that splitting releases by sub-genre is a no-go approach (it's already hard enough for many people to tell the difference between trance/non trance).

Anyways, the actual issue/question was:

I'd like a place to post new Psy-Trance releases, maybe the current section is not right for this??
    And my answer is: current section is fine, because it's meant for all trance releases and psy-trance is trance.
    Wrote a review of a trance release ?
    PM me and it might get posted on the frontpage

You friendzoned me for Trance?

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cheer_up For This Useful Post:

HugoHak (01-13-2016), MrVrhgyiB (01-13-2016)