Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brexit Referendum

Last Online
    04-29-2016 @ 14:16 PM
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 74x in 57 Posts
    United Kingdom

Brexit Referendum

If The United Kingdom does exit from Europe how are things going to be here on TranceFix.

Are the Brits on here going to be bannished?
    If im in the Studio - Please dont knock I wont be able to hear you!

Last Online
    Today @ 00:19 AM
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,284x in 1,587 Posts
    Sweden
    Hope so. All brits are mean.
    #Sicknessesintheair

Say no to STEROIDS.

Last Online
    06-10-2019 @ 10:18 AM
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 677x in 514 Posts
    Netherlands
    Haha, certainly not, I should be proud as a Brit to leave this EU. No democracy at all in this EU and they solve nothing. The only answers to all their faillures is more EU, the ever closing union. The roman empire was also failed;-)

Last Online
    01-20-2020 @ 17:55 PM
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,288x in 1,584 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco1979 View Post
    Haha, certainly not, I should be proud as a Brit to leave this EU. No democracy at all in this EU and they solve nothing.
    Yeah, this a belief that the grass is greener on the other side, but what makes people think there will be shinning democracy waiting for us if we leave? Our current political systems is a farce and the people in power backwards thinking and corrupt. People see change dangling infront of them and thier eyes go wide.

Most 'Out' voters are driven by fear and ignorance, this is why you see the lowest intelligent/working class people in our country pushing so hard for it. Migrants are the enemy, apparently...the driving force behind the campaigns, yet these people were the first to shout war when Syria became apart of our foreign policy. The collateral of our wars then come to their front doorstep (through migration) and the right-wing insecurities flourish. Fucking joke. Leaving might be the right thing to do (I am on the fence), but for the campaigners it is for all the wrong reasons.

Last Online
    01-12-2020 @ 00:31 AM
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,275x in 1,597 Posts
    Netherlands
    Fake British who only want the advantages and don't want to be in there for full should be banned...

The roman empire was also failed;-)
    Every empire has a rise and a fall
    Last edited by Thijs; 03-15-2016 at 12:19 PM.
    Happiness is everywhere, but it's never complete...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thijs For This Useful Post:

Astral Point (06-24-2016), Marco1979 (03-15-2016), NomadZXZ (03-25-2016)

Last Online
    06-04-2017 @ 16:56 PM
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,065x in 2,348 Posts
    Scotland
    I'm sick being fed endless tidings of cess-ridden lies by corrupt politicians and people so out of touch with reality that they might as well spend each and every second of the day sat in front of a green screen.

This is nothing but school-yard politic. Britain is doing what every ten year old boy does when no one passes to him during a game of football; Picking up his ball and going home. Petulance at its finest.
    May Mix

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nangle For This Useful Post:

Astral Point (06-24-2016), NomadZXZ (03-25-2016), Thijs (03-16-2016)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangle View Post
    This is nothing but school-yard politic. Britain is doing what every ten year old boy does when no one passes to him during a game of football; Picking up his ball and going home. Petulance at its finest.
    School-yard yes, but the goverment are the ones pushing to stay. Have you seen the bias on the bbc in faour of staying?... it is laughable, probably worst I have ever seen. Seems to me the people are the ones that want out, not the politicians.

Last Online
    04-29-2016 @ 14:16 PM
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 74x in 57 Posts
    United Kingdom
    So I should be safe to carry on using this forum? If we Brexit then?
    If im in the Studio - Please dont knock I wont be able to hear you!

Last Online
    06-10-2019 @ 10:18 AM
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 677x in 514 Posts
    Netherlands
    Cooperating is necessary of course..EU is not that bad after all, but the political side, also the banks and multinational companies, of it gets too much power. That is becoming more and more over the years. Now with 28 counties they can't solve problems in the EU, because of too many members and every country has it own motives and culture background. In my opinion it can't function with one federal government like the United States of America. And that's were they want to go.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashLight9 View Post
    If we Brexit then?

Ask Boris Johnson and others, they wriote articles about that question.

Quote Originally Posted by Hensmon View Post
    Seems to me the people are the ones that want out, not the politicians.

Excactly, but politicians love to have a well-paid function in Brussels with a lot of benefits:-)
    Last edited by Marco1979; 03-15-2016 at 19:16 PM.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    United Kingdom
    Its true... I dont know what to think if i'm honest.

Last Online
    01-20-2020 @ 11:38 AM
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 181x in 127 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Honestly.......as an immigrant that moved out from Italy, I may sound selfish in saying YES to the Brexit, although I do understand things may not be shine and bright for UK Citizens.
    I am extremely thankful to what UK has given to me for some years already, can't really blame them for leaving EU and acting like Switzerland already do for ages. (more or less).

Last Online
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    United Kingdom
    Haha, certainly not, I should be proud as a Brit to leave this EU.
    When you first posted this I was deep down leaning towards staying in the EU, especially as all arguments for leaving seemed to be steeped in putrid nationalism and backwards ideas, as I pointed out above.

In the last few days I have realised at how wrong I was. I am true leftist when it comes to politics and only now have I seen that all the things I value the most, such as war, human-rights, corruption and exploitation are hand in hand with being in Europe...actually it is worse than this, the EU actively aggravates and facilitates these issues. Turkey is about to join the EU for fuck sake. A country that is actively killing and torturing thousands of people at this very moment and who is up to its neck in the war in Syria, Libya and Iraq.

Let talk about democracy... it is non-existent in the EU (anyone know how to vote someone in/out??...no didn't think so). In the UK I can vote in or out people who make decisions...with the EU I have no power. All decisions must go through 28 states. Positive change is powerless against the corrupt. Democracy is the most important thing and this does not exist in Europe, this is fact.

Greece, Portugal, Cyprus, Ireland, Serbia, Hungry, Bulgaria are close to tatters. Spain has over half its young adult population unemployed. The working-class portions of UK are declining rapidly and this is true in France and other 'succesful' economies. War runs rife in Ukraine and Yugoslavia. The Euro is not a succesfull state, it is failing miserably.

The strong argument to leave from the left has been so drowned out by the vileness of the nationalist right, that it is only now that I have seen it begin to surface, with the most respectable, progressive and forward thinking politicians (well apart from boris) voting to leave. What has been created is a perceived left vs right scenario...all my friends who share the same values as me, yet they want to stay in??? I believe they have been caught and twisted up in a media narrative and bias that has become counter to said values.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hensmon For This Useful Post:

Marco1979 (06-10-2016)

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 15:53 PM
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,447x in 1,814 Posts
    Serbia
    Serbia is not in EU, @Hensmon. But they are working towards that, for better or worse. I think the idea of EU is a good one, with the same laws and regulations, freedom of movement, union etc... But the political and financial sides of it are bad - there's probably a lot of powerplay.

For one thing, the laws in here are so different that up until recently, you couldn't use PayPal for instance. Most of the things you 'Westerners' can use online (regarding transactions, trading), I can't - in the very least, they are really complicated.

Don't know if you thought about the past when you mentioned Yugoslavia and war - both the state and the war ended over 20 years ago. It wasn't in EU as far as I know.

Anyways, I believe my country will be brought down to its knees, regardless of the EU membership. We're not as significant or powerful as, for example, Germany is.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not really informed, nor do I have a final political opinion.
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

Last Online
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    United Kingdom
    Yes Serbia is only been granted candidate status, but you still hold almost proxy like trade and relations with the rest of us. We've basically been trying to prop you into the system for a while now and from what I can tell it hasn't been going to well. However looks like you may be joining in the next 5 years.

As for freedom of movement... this is a big talking point, but everyone misses the fact that it has magnified exploitation and dismantled workers rights across Europe. Big corporations use this 'freedom' when it suits them. We flood the markets with cheap labour, bringing the cost down for everyone and making life for people like me, in an area like London very nice indeed. The workers are paid shite and are in no position to leave or protest their rights because there are 1000 people waiting to take their job. They can't afford to do anything but take the shit they are given. However this same 'freedom of movement' is nowhere to be seen when refugees begin to pile up from the wars the EU initiated to begin with. We become a fortress. Also worth noting that if UK was not in the Eu I could still travel around as I please, nothing would stop me.

Yeah what I meant about Yugoslavia was more about what happened in its successor states afterwards, like Kosovon war when NATO bombed the shit outta it in 1999. Also 1993 the Bosnian war and I'm pretty sure Macedonia were getting involved in early 2000's. I bring up war, because a big part of the 'stay' campaign, is the argument that the EU has prevented war (they use France vs Germany as an example) when really it couldnt be further from the truth. Since the day I was born the EU has been involved in war.
    Last edited by Hensmon; 06-09-2016 at 12:23 PM.

Last Online
    01-18-2020 @ 14:14 PM
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,696x in 1,024 Posts
    Estonia
    Lol i am pretty sure the "war" argument is used to show that there has not been a WWIII between powerhouses in Europe and what EU has actually done is much more collaboration between its states. Just look at history a bit, European big countries have been in war between each other for thousands of years. It has all ended with creation of more cooperation between the countries.
    Also Europe is becoming more and more irrelevant in the global perspective as time moves on. UK used to be the most important country in the world, regarding military and economical power. If it would be separated from EU, its importance would diminish considerably, especially vs the likes of China, USA etc.
    In any case, i think Estonia would benefit greatly if UK would leave, mostly financially. There are tens of articles already here how alot of startups and fin-tech companies are planning on moving their HQ to Estonia if UK would leave.
    Also the billions UK will lose due to this have to go somewhere. I think as UK has been sort of a sore loser in EU anyways with their special conditions and other stuff as well it would not hurt EU as much, but would definitely make entire union even more looking like Germany and France, which is of course a shame.
    2016 TOP 5 (updated in July)
    1. Aymon - Sopor
    2. Avenue One feat. Fenja - Call of Summer (Suncatcher Remix)
    3. M.I.K.E. Push - Estivate
    4. The Noble Six - Oddworld
    5. Aurosonic - They Wait For Us (Progressive Remix)