Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

View Poll Results: Are you a real trancehead?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fuck yes!

10 41.67%
  • Middle-sized trancehead

2 8.33%
  • I lisen to everything thats good

9 37.50%
  • Punkrocker

1 4.17%
  • Other

2 8.33%

Tags for this Thread

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Are you a real trancehead?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:50 AM
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,687x in 1,020 Posts
    Estonia
    classic trance gets uberboring very fast, best is mixture of old and new. As for question, i wouldnt call it trancehead, i like edm overall, but trance definitely gets around 70% of listeningtime, dnb, house, chillout and popmusic/oldies overall rest.
    2016 TOP 5 (updated in July)
    1. Aymon - Sopor
    2. Avenue One feat. Fenja - Call of Summer (Suncatcher Remix)
    3. M.I.K.E. Push - Estivate
    4. The Noble Six - Oddworld
    5. Aurosonic - They Wait For Us (Progressive Remix)

Last Online
    08-29-2019 @ 17:48 PM
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 118x in 81 Posts
    Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangle View Post
    In comparison to the anachronistic's who tirelessly trawl YouTube and forums, constantly preaching about the Good Ol' Days despite never having experienced a live set or generally gave something back to the genre in their life... absolutely.

Let me clarify this for; I'm not claiming that people who regularly attend clubs and festival are the epitome of trance aficionados, but there is no doubt in my mind that they are greater assets, especially where artists are concerned and more deserving of the ‘trance head’ title than the aforementioned anachronistic hermits.
    you seem to have some stupid preconceived notions in your head. in fact, i think you're deluded.

what makes you think people yearning for decent material like we got in the 2000 era haven't attended a live set in their life?!

if you aren't an active fan of the new stuff, you're some basement dwelling internet crawler? is that it?!

fans who support decent music are of the highest value. people supporting this new EDM trance 2.0 trouse type garbage are the very ones responsible for maintaining and propping up this wave of shit. if "valuable" fans such as yourself didn't support it, it would quickly fall into the gutter - where it belongs.

Last Online
    06-04-2017 @ 15:56 PM
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,065x in 2,348 Posts
    Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by rubez View Post
    you seem to have some stupid preconceived notions in your head. in fact, i think you're deluded.

what makes you think people yearning for decent material like we got in the 2000 era haven't attended a live set in their life?!
    Eh, it's not preconceived. I based this discussion on the fact people of that nature within this forum have confessed to having never experienced a live trance set in their lives.

fans who support decent music are of the highest value. people supporting this new EDM trance 2.0 trouse type garbage are the very ones responsible for maintaining and propping up this wave of shit. if "valuable" fans such as yourself didn't support it, it would quickly fall into the gutter - where it belongs.
    You see, that is the difference between you and me; You're pretentious, oozing with self-entitlement and would much rather drive the nails into the coffin, whereas I'll happily ride it through and find an aspect of modern trance that I can take some level of enjoyment from - not that EDM-trance dross that you're misguided mind thinks I listen to, though.
    May Mix

Last Online
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 118x in 81 Posts
    Scotland
    no pretentiousness here mate, i just don't like shite music, that's the only difference between us. modern trance borders on pop music. that's the audience they are trying to capture.

i still happily listen to older uplifting tunes that are considered cheesy by todays standards.

modern trance has been guff for ten years now... how much longer you willing to ride it out? terminology like 'riding it out' implies you know it's shit. blindly following it in this case smacks of pure fanboyism.

Last Online
    06-04-2017 @ 15:56 PM
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,065x in 2,348 Posts
    Scotland
    no pretentiousness here mate, i just don't like shite music, that's the only difference between us. modern trance borders on pop music. that's the audience they are trying to capture.
    "Not pretentious" then continues to claim that what I listen to is shite. You're a Class A hypocrite.

modern trance has been guff for ten years now... how much longer you willing to ride it out? terminology like 'riding it out' implies you know it's shit. blindly following it in this case smacks of pure fanboyism.
    You know this. I know this. But for every 200, 300, or so, maybe more in your case, tracks that are produced using today's methods and approach towards trance, there is an enjoyable track to be unearthed and realistically, as relatable and cordial as I'm going to get to trance of the bygone era.
    May Mix

Last Online
    09-18-2019 @ 19:23 PM
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,216x in 1,544 Posts
    Sweden
    Can't believe I'm saying this but Rubez is even further away from the fence than I am.
    #Sicknessesintheair

Say no to STEROIDS.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Daysleeper For This Useful Post:

MrVrhgyiB (06-19-2016)

Last Online
    03-03-2019 @ 11:26 AM
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,315x in 776 Posts
    Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Hensmon View Post
    Actually today I realised...If you are a member and post in a Trance forum.... you a for sure a Trance head
    Not necessarily, there's something about the community that still keeps me interested in this forum. Sure, I joined when I listened to it before but people's tastes sometimes shift.
    FILTH_PODCAST_[x].mp3

Last Online
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 118x in 81 Posts
    Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangle View Post
    "Not pretentious" then continues to claim that what I listen to is shite. You're a Class A hypocrite.

You know this. I know this. But for every 200, 300, or so, maybe more in your case, tracks that are produced using today's methods and approach towards trance, there is an enjoyable track to be unearthed and realistically, as relatable and cordial as I'm going to get to trance of the bygone era.
    all dance music is shite when compared to something like Beethoven. nothing pretentious about making a statement like that, and i think you are using 'hypocrite' wrong too.

having to trawl through 200-300 garbage tracks to find an enjoyable one?! there are new progressive house tunes that are closer and truer to the origins of trance than these new EDM tainted "trance" tracks.

you've been had. time to open your eyes.

Last Online
    09-03-2019 @ 21:43 PM
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 807x in 562 Posts
    Mexico
    Naw