Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Thread: Armin van Buuren - Burned With Desire (Rising Star Remix) [2003]

Last Online
    Today @ 05:58 AM
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 280x in 214 Posts
    Spain

Armin van Buuren - Burned With Desire (Rising Star Remix) [2003]

But you left me in the rain...

Last edited by Abel Ramos; 02-06-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Dodge Charger '69

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Abel Ramos For This Useful Post:

BlackScout (02-05-2019), Contact (02-06-2019), Hyper Drive (05-16-2018)

Last Online
    07-08-2018 @ 04:34 AM
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 195x in 137 Posts
    Greenland
    Something bad must have happened to go from this to writing the he writes today. Such talent gone to waste. The original was so nice. I don't think many gave a shit whether this was underground or commercial. It was simply well written, down to earth music.

Last Online
    Today @ 00:34 AM
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,177x in 1,612 Posts
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper Drive View Post
    Something bad must have happened to go from this to writing the he writes today. Such talent gone to waste. The original was so nice. I don't think many gave a shit whether this was underground or commercial. It was simply well written, down to earth music.

[videyoutube;ua-uUjSxLw0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua-uUjSxLw0]movie[/URL]
    I took a listen to Club Embrace when it was out - it was mostly remixes of his classics.

And I was struck. Just how many riffs, melodies and sounds the guy has made, and the vocals he had on his tracks. And the best thing is - you recognize all of them! He's probably the artist with the most memorable tracks, in a way. Yes, his music was not on par with (for example) M.I.K.E.'s or Airwave's when it comes to seriousness, exploration and ingenuity - but it was awesome in another way. It was more accessible, easier to listen to and mostly evoked positive emotions and made you feel good - or at least the emotions were simpler.

To be honest, I'm not feeling his Rising Star remixes of that time. I'd go ahead and say they were generic, at least for that time. He made a bunch of them and I always preferred the originals, trance or not.

Makes you wonder, though. He was always the more popular, accessible face around, striving for the commercial (although he had his serious, underground tracks). Maybe it's not such a surprise he is where he is nowadays. Only the music has changed and time has passed by.

While we're at AvB and Justine Suissa, this has to be my favourite. One of his more underrated tracks. God I love the whole sound of 76.

Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

Last Online
    07-08-2018 @ 04:34 AM
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 195x in 137 Posts
    Greenland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    I took a listen to Club Embrace when it was out - it was mostly remixes of his classics.

And I was struck. Just how many riffs, melodies and sounds the guy has made, and the vocals he had on his tracks. And the best thing is - you recognize all of them! He's probably the artist with the most memorable tracks, in a way. Yes, his music was not on par with (for example) M.I.K.E.'s or Airwave's when it comes to seriousness, exploration and ingenuity - but it was awesome in another way. It was more accessible, easier to listen to and mostly evoked positive emotions and made you feel good - or at least the emotions were simpler.

To be honest, I'm not feeling his Rising Star remixes of that time. I'd go ahead and say they were generic, at least for that time. He made a bunch of them and I always preferred the originals, trance or not.

Makes you wonder, though. He was always the more popular, accessible face around, striving for the commercial (although he had his serious, underground tracks). Maybe it's not such a surprise he is where he is nowadays. Only the music has changed and time has passed by.

While we're at AvB and Justine Suissa, this has to be my favourite. One of his more underrated tracks. God I love the whole sound of 76.

[videyoutube;rG2VfMQSOvE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG2VfMQSOvE]movie[/URL]
    76 was the year he was born. It was a personalized album hoping to change the world but you right. Even in his prime years, he had everything. He was getting a lot per gig when he was underground. He was simply a great song writer and I think that's what many wanted and I still don't know why many hated his music. There is nothing to hate about it. Especially the older stuff which is the down to earth music. It's what he is producing now that's to be disliked but he was bringing great music to everyone but he's no longer doing that anymore. If he thinks that older Trance are malicious he has the wrong idea then.Not every hardcore trance fan is like the dicks at Tranceaddict. Infact, I think the track blah blah blah is because of Tranceaddict which he needs to stop reading.
    Last edited by Hyper Drive; 05-17-2018 at 00:42 AM.

Last Online
    Today @ 04:34 AM
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 144x in 118 Posts
    United States
    Needs a bump.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Contact For This Useful Post:

BlackScout (02-05-2019)

Last Online
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 38x in 23 Posts
    Brazil
    Quote Originally Posted by Contact View Post
    Needs a bump.
    Good one. I had this on my mind today, coincidentally.
    Justine vocals and that specific production style makes it feel like the track was produced by A&B. Quite funny.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackScout For This Useful Post:

Contact (02-06-2019)

Last Online
    Today @ 04:34 AM
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 144x in 118 Posts
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackScout View Post
    Good one. I had this on my mind today, coincidentally.
    Justine vocals and that specific production style makes it feel like the track was produced by A&B. Quite funny.
    It's not a coincident. We are all connected in a form of matrix. I reached out to armin and told him that it's still not too late to change. I know some say that one man can't make a difference, but I love this music a lot and I still believe that we can fix this music.