Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A & Z - Noir [FSOE]

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 22:39 PM
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,175x in 1,518 Posts
    Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Hensmon View Post
    It's the stuff that begins at 3:44 that I think is the really the pinnacle of genericism in todays Uplfiting. We used to see breakbeats, 2 or maybe 3 different melodies appearing in various places in the tracks - some starting as intro ones and developing, some ending the tune. How about subtle and atmospheric vocals instead of the cheesey pop songs we get constantly, which subsequently also follows the same verse - bridge - chorus - verse formula for years now. Now it's intro, build melody, drop melody, outro... - all laid on top of a kick/baseline combo that again has been done to death - no groove to it or personality. I would also say subtitles suffer from this sledgehammer approach and are so void from uplifting today it's crazy, and I would like to see more of this.

It feels like uplifting producers go through the motions of replicating a template, but an Uplifting feeling can be achieved in so many ways, we just never see it tried. I think FSOE is the biggest culprit of when it comes to peddling template Uplifting (very surprised to see Amber on here). Btw I don't hate the track completely, just have strong desire for something more in a scene I think became stagnant.
    I remember clearly how someone stated that variations/changes in a track doesnt datermine how good it is. You just contradicted yourself. I dont come and say ive stated that it is the only factor that matter because it isnt but its one of the major ones.
    #Sicknessesintheair

Say no to STEROIDS.

Last Online
    06-18-2019 @ 02:39 AM
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 163x in 109 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Hensmon View Post
    It's the stuff that begins at 3:44 that I think is the really the pinnacle of genericism in todays Uplfiting. We used to see breakbeats, 2 or maybe 3 different melodies appearing in various places in the tracks - some starting as intro ones and developing, some ending the tune. How about subtle and atmospheric vocals instead of the cheesey pop songs we get constantly, which subsequently also follows the same verse - bridge - chorus - verse formula for years now. Now it's intro, build melody, drop melody, outro... - all laid on top of a kick/baseline combo that again has been done to death - no groove to it or personality. I would also say subtitles suffer from this sledgehammer approach and are so void from uplifting today it's crazy, and I would like to see more of this.

It feels like uplifting producers go through the motions of replicating a template, but an Uplifting feeling can be achieved in so many ways, we just never see it tried. I think FSOE is the biggest culprit of when it comes to peddling template Uplifting (very surprised to see Amber on here). Btw I don't hate the track completely, just have strong desire for something more in a scene I think became stagnant.
    You certainly make some valid points. But it's so much easier said than done. As a producer (who is not very 'established' or experienced yet), I always try to be original and innovative, but I fail in that regard most of the time. Maybe very few people have the ability and skills to be innovative all the time. Maybe many producers don't try hard enough to be creative or fresh.

Another thing to keep in mind is that most producers want to get support from the biggest DJs. I might differ from others in this sense, but if you told me that not a single person will hear my music, I'd probably lose motivation to finish tracks. I want as many people as possible to hear and enjoy my music, which is why I hope to get some support. With that in mind, it's always going to be at the back of a producer's mind, to create music that will appeal to DJs and to dancefloors. That's not to say that I want to put out generic or recycled material, but it's important to have DJs and music fans in mind when making music. If I was planning on releasing an album, I'd no doubt think much less about that sort of thing and allow myself more freedom in terms of structures / builds etc.
    A recent offering from Perrelli & Mankoff:

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaim Mankoff For This Useful Post:

Hensmon (08-24-2016)

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 22:12 PM
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3x in 3 Posts
    Israel
    Any update regarding the real extended version in Beatport ?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 21:43 PM
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7x in 5 Posts
    Romania
    Quote Originally Posted by biot View Post
    Any update regarding the real extended version in Beatport ?
    Yeah the problem is fixed now we have on beatport the 8:31 minutes version