Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats the point in playing amber in podcast/radioshow/sets?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 20:09 PM
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 80x in 74 Posts
    Denmark
    Quote Originally Posted by Puppetmaster View Post
    Too much complaining, so tiring.
    Indeed, the track is a bomb!

Last Online
    12-25-2016 @ 04:47 AM
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 44x in 37 Posts
    United Kingdom
    What is wrong with 140 BPM Trance? It is where Trance Sounds best. 140 plus all the way for me.

Edit;

The only reason why Slower Productions are being made is Producers are running out of ideas of how to best use 140BPM Trance.
    Last edited by Real Wilkinson; 08-16-2016 at 09:01 AM.
    A New Trance Generation

Real Wilkinson - [ben-wilkinson]

[url]https://m.soundcloud.com/ben-wilkinson-548527752/url]

Follow on Twitter [at] Real_Wilkinson

Last Online
    11-10-2019 @ 15:46 PM
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,235x in 1,554 Posts
    Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Wilkinson View Post
    What is wrong with 140 BPM Trance? It is where Trance Sounds best. 140 plus all the way for me.

Edit;

The only reason why Slower Productions are being made is Producers are running out of ideas of how to best use 140BPM Trance.
    Nothing wrong with 140. Also, thats a pretty big assumtion you made there. It could very well be the other way around. What has tempo got to do with running out of ideas? Isnt it what is put inside of that 140 bpm rate that matter? 140 is nice, I agree with that. It gives the track a nice boost and a good drive, but I vote for variation. A set consisting of only 140 is kinda tiring.

I think trance sounds the best between around 130-142 with some exceptions.
    #Sicknessesintheair

Say no to STEROIDS.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Daysleeper For This Useful Post:

Gagi (08-16-2016)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 44x in 37 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Daysleeper View Post
    Nothing wrong with 140. Also, thats a pretty big assumtion you made there. It could very well be the other way around. What has tempo got to do with running out of ideas? Isnt it what is put inside of that 140 bpm rate that matter? 140 is nice, I agree with that. It gives the track a nice boost and a good drive, but I vote for variation. A set consisting of only 140 is kinda tiring.

I think trance sounds the best between around 130-142 with some exceptions.
    @Daysleeper Just a question mate - Have you ever known about Sub-Tempo (within a fixed tempo rate) note placement within tracks.
    A New Trance Generation

Last Online
    07-24-2019 @ 15:16 PM
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 465x in 336 Posts
    Romania

Edit;

As @Daysleeper said, nothing wrong with 140 BPM (and up) Trance. However, that's not what he's asking. His concern in this thread is related to plonking in Amber between two tracks that have quite a higher BPM than it (134 vs 140).

Also, Breeder must've run out of ideas about 16 years ago when they made this:

Them and their slow ass productions.
    Last edited by Sszecret; 08-16-2016 at 13:58 PM.
    Vānd Sunete | TranceMag | Neowin | HooComics on Patreon

Tracks of the year

2013: Mac & Monday - Here Comes The Snd. (Original Re.Edit)
    2014: Activa - Antimatter
    2015: Simon O'Shine - Nuummite
    2016: You Are My Salvation - Asynja

Last Online
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Sweden
    @Daysleeper Just a question mate - Have you ever known about Sub-Tempo (within a fixed tempo rate) note placement within tracks.
    Not entirely sure what you mean by that, but have probably heard it in several tracks as I'm quite analytical when I listen to music in general. Do you mean when a track has a fixed tempo but the notes/melody isn't the same time signature?

Im thinking Idm/glitch type of stuff?

Last edited by Daysleeper; 08-16-2016 at 14:23 PM.
    #Sicknessesintheair

Say no to STEROIDS.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 16:36 PM
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 827x in 573 Posts
    Mexico

Edit;

I see that you joined this forum on April 2016. Is this also when you first started listening to Trance?
    When I began diving into the world of Trance, I too listened exclusively to 140+ BPM Hard Trance from artists like Alphazone and Technikal. Several months later, after listening to the Age of Love, Cafe del Mar, Sandstorm, and plenty other classics, it simply made no sense to think that sub-140 tracks were inferior.
    Last edited by Fredjan; 08-17-2016 at 05:07 AM.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 44x in 37 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredjan View Post
    I see that you joined this forum on April 2016. Is this also when you first started listening to Trance?
    When I began diving into the world of Trance, I too listened exclusively to 140+ BPM Hard Trance from artists like Alphazone and Technikal. Several months later, after listening to the Age of Love, Cafe del Mar, Sandstorm, and plenty other classics, it simply made no sense to think that sub-140 tracks were inferior.
    Ive been listening to Trance Music since the first boom back in 1998/99 and have always been in lust and love for 140 or higher BPM Trance. Whether that is lighter, dreamier, future, Euphoric, deeper, darker, rowdy, aggressive, Goa (Now that Goa is very very pleasing when it comes to the speed of the track) Pulsating, Instrumental or Vocal.

Of the greatest Trance has come when the Producer composes at the higher tempo.

On the technical bit, Im aware as Brian (BT) mentioned when he has produced before, he said that he has changed the BPM all by displacing his notes either closer, or further apart and varrying them throughout the track. And I also recall Corsten did this with a couple of tracks I think he did one with AVB before too? So thats something that can very much influence the feel especialy when I hear people saying 140 BPM is Steroroid Banging Trance.
    A New Trance Generation

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Real Wilkinson For This Useful Post:

Fredjan (08-20-2016)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Sweden
    I really understand Wilkinsons standpoint concerning 140 and I find it fascinating that you hold on to this view. Because you might be correct. In my earlier years i was always drawn to the higher bpm trance. Be it whatever subgenre. Hard trance, hardcore freeform etc which was even faster with tempos up to 160.

Theres no coincidence that people respond so well to higher bpm forest psy/full on. Its an ideal tempo for dancing. I know that many people would consider ~130 hypnotic trance as the textbook type of what the roots and real trance is about but I might disagree with that. Faster trance is actually trancier than slower trance if its done correctly.

About the steroid trance. Thats not me negatively referring to the tempo of the track. Its synonumous with a track thats feels unatural,just like a bodybuilder on steroids. Ive seen several people start using this word after me and I think most people refer to the above description.
    Last edited by Daysleeper; 08-19-2016 at 11:38 AM.
    #Sicknessesintheair

Say no to STEROIDS.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Daysleeper For This Useful Post:

Fredjan (08-20-2016)