Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: Interview: Ferry Corsten

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 17:49 PM
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 200x in 132 Posts
    Greece
    Worst interview I have read lately.
    Ilan Bluestone & Maor Levi ft. El Waves - Will We Remain? (Spencer Brown Remix)
    Robert Vadney - Broken Home (Guitar Mix)
    Lucas Grain - Between Us (Original Mix)
    Enlusion - Borders of Infinity
    Mat Zo - The Next Chapter
    Allende - Essence (Solarstone Retouch)

Last Online
    12-29-2019 @ 09:41 AM
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 44x in 37 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by jeoblogb View Post
    Actually, can you please tell me where my questions have been asked? Where are they? You don't hear the honest and bold truth and no one has the balls to ask real questions.When I speak to artists I don't hold anything back. All I asked was his opinion on why he is producing big room music, when he is clearly does not like it, and why his music has so much white noise and whether he sees an end to the shitty big room bullshit that's plaguing the scene. I am no daysleeper, but sometimes I have to agree with him about shitty trance and less and less melodic trance being made.
    I would say I have seen images with statements from Corsten via his social platforms saying its all about Melodies, Not BPM, Its about emotions etc. So I guess the queation still remains unanswered, however there is some sought of statement there.

I would say the more you attack with your questions the more people are going to hold back. It sounds from your text vebal exchange you sound as if you are attacking. Rather than being objective and asking in a polite and respectful way. The guy has been around since 1989 in the music scene and deserves a respect for that.

On the white noise thing. Im unsure why its so apparent in his or anyone elses tracks, it could be down to the types of effects on the tracks such as Reverb, I know that is the biggest contributor to white noise. That being said, maybe most people like the white noise at this time? I dont, if I can detect it in my productions it makes me feel like Ive failed. Thats just me. However so, I know that White Noise sonetimes is there to hide other things its like a Rug thats got things underneath it that needs to be hidden.

Maybe what you could do is, Tweet Mr Corsten and ask him Politely if he could answer you question following his interview with TranceFixNL. You never know, Ferr might answer it?
    A New Trance Generation

Real Wilkinson - [ben-wilkinson]

[url]https://m.soundcloud.com/ben-wilkinson-548527752/url]

Follow on Twitter [at] Real_Wilkinson

Last Online
    05-20-2020 @ 07:01 AM
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 180x in 149 Posts
    India
    I'm definitely not one of the extremists on here and I love the fact that the interview was a conversation rather than a Q&A but this barely answers anything. Could've dug a bit more regarding what Ferry thinks about the Trance scene or where he sees his personal sound going (as I'd proposed and many agreed). This is like a Gouryella lovefest and its information that's already available.

He's already said all this before, nothing new here.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 44x in 37 Posts
    United Kingdom
    I was just thinking a min or two ago. Maybe next time we could interview a Female DJ, Producer or Vocalist. Maybe Denise Stahlie Rivera would be good for a Vocalist Interview she has worked with so many producers including Ferry.

And theres also a Producer DJ, think she could be a newbie to the scene, havent seen the name much, shes labelled the "Queen of Trance" at the moment. So I wonder if we could get an interview with her, she goes by the name of as Ive heard it said, Nifran or is it Nifren or Nifri or something? It could be good to get a Womans side of Producing or DJing maybe?

Lets keep this Interview thing going.
    A New Trance Generation

Last Online
    05-16-2020 @ 19:21 PM
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 13x in 12 Posts
    Greece
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Wilkinson View Post
    I was just thinking a min or two ago. Maybe next time we could interview a Female DJ, Producer or Vocalist. Maybe Denise Stahlie Rivera would be good for a Vocalist Interview she has worked with so many producers including Ferry.

And theres also a Producer DJ, think she could be a newbie to the scene, havent seen the name much, shes labelled the "Queen of Trance" at the moment. So I wonder if we could get an interview with her, she goes by the name of as Ive heard it said, Nifran or is it Nifren or Nifri or something? It could be good to get a Womans side of Producing or DJing maybe?

Lets keep this Interview thing going.
    Hi! Right you are! Excellent choices! You are talking about Slovakian DJ/Producer Nifra. She has been doing great things in the scene and is signed to "Coldharbour Recordings". Her sets as well as her tracks have been amazing so far and she has lots more coming

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 21:14 PM
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,844x in 1,390 Posts
    Norway
    Nice interview i guess..

Last Online
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 44x in 37 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Did you have the recording of it? You did say you were sorting out a Voice and Document style interview?
    A New Trance Generation