Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Trump or Hillary: Who is more horrendous!?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 20:57 PM
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,352x in 1,628 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by PeenutsDx View Post
    I turn on the news and feel as if i'm watching a reality tv show.
    We just got 4 more seasons! With a chance for more seasons in 2020 Amercia has always been good at entertaining the world.

@AustralianGQ, If you ever get the time I think you should watch the video above and let me know what you think. It tipped me towards a trump presidency over Hillary in the end, maybe for you too? If I was American I wouldn't have voted for either mind you Devil vs Devil in Disguise...

Last Online
    05-22-2020 @ 18:59 PM
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 948x in 582 Posts
    Canada
    Three theses. I had these going into yesterday, and they are stronger coming out of it.

1. The United States of America is dying.
    Polarization is insane. Inequality only grows. The crises of capitalism deepen. Racism is still fundamental to its social and power structures. Fascism is reawakening. And on top of all this, climate change looms over civilization as the greatest existential threat it has ever faced. The US is not in any state to resolve its own contradictions, let alone survive the challenges of the 21st century. In 100 years, it will have ceased to exist as a political entity.

2. There is nothing anyone can do to stop its decline. The only things that would really turn the situation around would essentially require rebuilding the entire power and economic structure of the US. Ending capitalism, restoring the working class, reparations for slavery, etc. In other words, the United States' continued existence with its foundational contradictions seems to be an enemy to its continued existence.

3. Yesterday, it voted to accelerate it.
    Clinton would have only barely postponed the decline by 4-8 years. Meanwhile her reputation as a conniving, corrupt career politician (even if not quite as cartoonishly drastic as the Trump camp has been spouting) with little conviction is now plain for the world to see, in addition to her embodiment of the neoliberal doctrine that has produced this phenomenon. But unlike Trump, she would have at least had the common sense not to agitate against the post-WWII alliance system. or dismiss the greatest existential threat our species has faced in 70,000 years as a Chinese hoax. As well, she isn't quite an existential danger to every non-white person within the borders of the United States, as the Trump phenomenon has now become.

Ultimately, America is not worth saving because it cannot be saved (and IMO I won't weep much for the death of a nation-state that does owe its existence to 400 years of genocide, slavery and imperialism in the first place). What matters now is what will take its place - and last night we took several more steps toward a Long Night of fascist barbarism, instead of the post-capitalist system of justice and environmental integrity that the world needs to stand up to what's coming.

The world we (thought we) knew is gone. Welcome to the Twilight.

Facebook / SoundCloud / Bandcamp

Head in the stars, heart in the sound

Last Online
    06-28-2020 @ 17:55 PM
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,851x in 1,394 Posts
    Norway
    Haha i knew Trump would win. The Lizard People are behind it all.
    Old Skool Trance FTW!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Halon For This Useful Post:

Hensmon (11-10-2016)

Last Online
    06-28-2020 @ 14:19 PM
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 152x in 115 Posts
    Canada
    you know as much as i dislike trump, i dont feel sorry for Hilary or the democrats at all.

its their own fault they lost the election. they CHOSE to be a corrupt political party with the way they operate and people knew about that, they and the republicans are bought and dont really represent the people or their interests. and people in america are very much anti establishment and i dont blame them for that at all, i am too.

the democrats CHOSE to elect hilary as their candidate. a candidate who we all know has a lot of baggage to say the least against an anti establishment, outsider (trump). well there is an old saying. fight fire with fire. what does that mean?

well.....get an anti establishment, outsider as well. we all know that guy is bernie sanders who happened to got royally screwed by the corrupt democratic party and they went with Hilary instead. well how did that work out in the end......

bernie sanders could of very well beaten trump and possibly helped the dems take back the senate and maybe the house too. but the democratic party chose to stick with an insider who would keep the status quo. not what the people wanted at all and she lost......

im angry and fearful of trump, but the democrats are to blame for their loss. the funny thing is the anti establishment america voted for trump....a guy who is a republican. a party that is corrupt and part of the problem. the republicans will hijack trumps presidency and push their agenda on him lol.
    Last edited by AustralianGQ; 11-10-2016 at 02:36 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AustralianGQ For This Useful Post:

Altair (11-10-2016), Fredjan (11-10-2016)

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 20:57 PM
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,352x in 1,628 Posts
    United Kingdom
    @Altair, I personally think you are being too dramatic mate. A lot of what you say sounds like it has been plucked from a sensationalist newspaper. The world is fine... America will also be fine. Fascism is a statement so easily thrown around but not really understood. He is not bringing the dawn of fascism down on the modern world.

I agree with you that his comments about the environment are very worrying... I'm not sure if he believes this though. I have a feeling he was stirring controversy early on in his campaign to appeal to a certain (thick as shit) demographic of the Republican party, but we will see. Don't forget though that it was Hillary backing the NAFTA trade deal and also the TTIP trade deal which puts the environment on its knees in front of big business. It is a devastating agreement for the environment and one that Trump has spoken to oppose of...
    Last edited by Hensmon; 11-10-2016 at 15:45 PM.

Last Online
    06-20-2020 @ 12:29 PM
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 734x in 460 Posts
    Netherlands
    Democrats are so peaceful

and they easily accept their defeat of course

Last edited by J4mie; 11-10-2016 at 15:22 PM.

Last Online
    Today @ 00:48 AM
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 955x in 682 Posts
    Mexico
    Hillary is more horrendous. @Altair and all who think alike: Please read the following analysis as to how Trump won the presidency.
    https://www.quora.com/How-did-Donald...indra-Setiawan
    @AustralianGQ is also spot-on.

Last Online
    05-22-2020 @ 18:59 PM
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 948x in 582 Posts
    Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Hensmon View Post
    Fascism is a statement so easily thrown around but not really understood. He is not bringing the dawn of fascism down on the modern world.
    Mr. Tiny-Hands won't do anything by himself. At least 2/3 of the USA hates his guts, as well as a sizeable number in both the parties. He'll probably be a one-term president, and accomplish nearly nothing that can be done beyond a few executive orders. There will be no wall.

I'm afraid of who's behind him. The Alt-Right. Steve Bannon. That sort of thing. They are born-again fascists - they don't believe in democracy as an ideal form of government, they believe that the world is divided into lesser or stronger races, that sort of thing. You compare them against the definition of fascism used in history and political science and the key similarities are undeniable. They may not say it all outright, but their actions demonstrate it. They've reached out to a destitute white working class that mainstream liberalism has been smug towards, who already had some latent racism, and convinced them that their salvation lies with emboldening that racism - not all too dissimilar from 1920s Germany and Italy. If the conditions that produced Trump the Electoral Phenomenon persist, in 30 years you'll see an honest-to-God fascist party with a sizeable following in the states. Hell, you're seeing them all over Europe right now. They don't quite have to be Nazi-clones to be worthy of the title.

@Fredjan Hillary is indeed horrendous, but the force behind her doesn't represent an existential threat to the safety of every non-white, non-straight person in America. Read this to see what I mean. I do definitely agree with the smug liberalism bit though, as stated - this guy's article opened my mind to that reality.
    Last edited by Altair; 11-10-2016 at 22:41 PM.

Facebook / SoundCloud / Bandcamp

Head in the stars, heart in the sound

Last Online
    06-28-2018 @ 11:44 AM
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 315x in 194 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Halon View Post
    Haha i knew Trump would win. The Lizard Crab People are behind it all.
    Fixed

Also, why am I getting a 'Canadian Immigration and Citizenship' ad on Facebook?
    Last edited by *Maickel* Tomorrow at 10:30 AM.

Out Of The Past - Mystery (MaickelJ Remix)

"u massacre music with your amateurism"

only finished shovel knight 8x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to *Maickel* For This Useful Post:

Halon (11-11-2016)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    I'm afraid of who's behind him.
    I agree, as well. Trump himself doesn't seem that bad (he's most likely bluffing), but his supporters' actions since his victory against minorities and LGBTQ have essentially been anti-human.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fredjan For This Useful Post:

Altair (11-11-2016)

Last Online
    06-23-2020 @ 22:34 PM
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 88x in 74 Posts
    United States
    lol at all the people "Fearful" of Trump..

If you want to be fearful, be fearful of corrupt people like Hillary Clinton, or Extremists like Bernie Sanders.

I may not be Trumps biggest fan, but the Democrats have had this coming for years now. They chose to implant many unpopular progressive policies and views that my country did not want. As far as I'm concerned, Trump is the push back from all that. I honestly feel no sympathy for the Democrats having their party in the ashes right now. Until they begin to come back to reality and become more moderate, they will stay in the ashes of history.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to atragun91091 For This Useful Post:

Fredjan (11-11-2016)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 88x in 74 Posts
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredjan View Post
    I agree, as well. Trump himself doesn't seem that bad (he's most likely bluffing), but his supporters' actions since his victory against minorities and LGBTQ have essentially been anti-human.
    Most of this is either blown out of proportion, or just flat out made up. If you're looking for anti-human, look no further than the people rioting/ protesting against him.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by atragun91091 View Post
    Most of this is either blown out of proportion, or just flat out made up.
    It's most likely exaggerated, especially the gay filmmaker incident. After all, the media is known to be liberal...
    Snopes tried to prove Chris Ball's story, but several key details (location, police report) were left out from the original post.
    Quote Originally Posted by atragun91091 View Post
    If you're looking for anti-human, look no further than the people rioting/ protesting against him.
    That's an interesting viewpoint. I'll keep an eye on that as well.

Last Online
    02-15-2017 @ 00:43 AM
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Three theses. I had these going into yesterday, and they are stronger coming out of it.

1. The United States of America is dying.
    Polarization is insane. Inequality only grows. The crises of capitalism deepen. Racism is still fundamental to its social and power structures. Fascism is reawakening. And on top of all this, climate change looms over civilization as the greatest existential threat it has ever faced. The US is not in any state to resolve its own contradictions, let alone survive the challenges of the 21st century. In 100 years, it will have ceased to exist as a political entity.

2. There is nothing anyone can do to stop its decline. The only things that would really turn the situation around would essentially require rebuilding the entire power and economic structure of the US. Ending capitalism, restoring the working class, reparations for slavery, etc. In other words, the United States' continued existence with its foundational contradictions seems to be an enemy to its continued existence.

3. Yesterday, it voted to accelerate it.
    Clinton would have only barely postponed the decline by 4-8 years. Meanwhile her reputation as a conniving, corrupt career politician (even if not quite as cartoonishly drastic as the Trump camp has been spouting) with little conviction is now plain for the world to see, in addition to her embodiment of the neoliberal doctrine that has produced this phenomenon. But unlike Trump, she would have at least had the common sense not to agitate against the post-WWII alliance system. or dismiss the greatest existential threat our species has faced in 70,000 years as a Chinese hoax. As well, she isn't quite an existential danger to every non-white person within the borders of the United States, as the Trump phenomenon has now become.

Ultimately, America is not worth saving because it cannot be saved (and IMO I won't weep much for the death of a nation-state that does owe its existence to 400 years of genocide, slavery and imperialism in the first place). What matters now is what will take its place - and last night we took several more steps toward a Long Night of fascist barbarism, instead of the post-capitalist system of justice and environmental integrity that the world needs to stand up to what's coming.

The world we (thought we) knew is gone. Welcome to the Twilight.
    I dont believe How stupid you are.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 88x in 74 Posts
    United States
    http://reason.com/blog/2016/11/11/el...b-attack-false

Again, I'm not really Trumps biggest fan, but the whole hysteria thing is just either being blown out of proportion,or flat out being made up.