Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alan Morris - Anaconda [Flashover Trance]

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 20:24 PM
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,096x in 758 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by freezer02 View Post
    does Flashover has some kind of rule that all the uplifting releases should be under 135 bpm?...this sounds good...but needs a slight boost on bpm...
    So pitch it up?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 20:24 PM
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,096x in 758 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaim Mankoff View Post
    Because most producers DJ!
    Well this never happened back in the day,producers shortening their tracks to fit in their own sets! Track lengths have come down dramatically in the last couple of years. The latest 'extended' mix on Flashover,'Dopamina' is 5:36,which is just ridiculous imo. Are we going to have sub-5 minute tracks next year?!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Magdelayna For This Useful Post:

Addict-In-Trance (11-25-2016)

Last Online
    06-10-2019 @ 09:18 AM
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 677x in 514 Posts
    Netherlands
    This is not bad for a Flashover Trance release. Like it.

Last Online
    12-25-2016 @ 03:47 AM
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 44x in 37 Posts
    United Kingdom
    It's not laziness. A lot of producers keep their tracks under 5 / 6 / 7 minutes for the convenience of DJs, as a lot of DJs prefer shorter tracks, for obvious reasons
    So @Chaim Mankoff Producers are now only producing for DJs convenience? So where is the skill in that, if a DJ gets these tracks which are all 5 minuters and then just only has to do slight mixing. I mean if you mix a longer track to a longer track, you could be mixing in at least 30 seconds to a minute in the tracks. Im am now only hearing 10-15 Seconds in the mixing these days with shorter tracks. Now that is shocking. Id would rather have less ammount of tracks in a set and have longer mixes of tracks (Quality) over this hump as many tracks in as possible. Its sheer lazyness all round. By the way Trance is getting slower too, where are the 140 BPMs in tracks. So much better at higher tempo. Lazyness.
    A New Trance Generation

Real Wilkinson - [ben-wilkinson]

[url]https://m.soundcloud.com/ben-wilkinson-548527752/url]

Follow on Twitter [at] Real_Wilkinson

Last Online
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 44x in 37 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdelayna View Post
    Well this never happened back in the day,producers shortening their tracks to fit in their own sets! Track lengths have come down dramatically in the last couple of years. The latest 'extended' mix on Flashover,'Dopamina' is 5:36,which is just ridiculous imo. Are we going to have sub-5 minute tracks next year?!
    Weve had it @Magdelayna a release got posted 4.26 Extended Mix. Can not remember which one.
    A New Trance Generation

Last Online
    10-07-2019 @ 00:52 AM
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 163x in 109 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdelayna View Post

Lots of things are different to how they were back in the day. I disagree that it's ridiculous. You're only saying so because you're used to longer tracks. That doesn't mean that tracks under 6 minutes in length are ridiculous. Maybe it's the long tracks that are ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by Real Wilkinson View Post
    So @Chaim Mankoff Producers are now only producing for DJs convenience? So where is the skill in that, if a DJ gets these tracks which are all 5 minuters and then just only has to do slight mixing. I mean if you mix a longer track to a longer track, you could be mixing in at least 30 seconds to a minute in the tracks. Im am now only hearing 10-15 Seconds in the mixing these days with shorter tracks. Now that is shocking. Id would rather have less ammount of tracks in a set and have longer mixes of tracks (Quality) over this hump as many tracks in as possible. Its sheer lazyness all round. By the way Trance is getting slower too, where are the 140 BPMs in tracks. So much better at higher tempo. Lazyness.
    No, not ONLY for DJs' convenience, obviously. I don't know how you find a correlation between track length and skill though. I think you lack a basic understanding of DJing. You could still have long transitions with tracks that are 5 minutes in length. And to attribute lower BPMs to laziness is absurd too. Clearly, other people disagree with you on the point that "all trance sounds better at 140bpm".
    A recent offering from Perrelli & Mankoff:

Last Online
    @
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 788x in 567 Posts
    Netherlands
    It's not laziness. A lot of producers keep their tracks under 5 / 6 / 7 minutes for the convenience of DJs, as a lot of DJs prefer shorter tracks, for obvious reasons
    I want to hear a good set with quality tunes and not one with 20 tracks pressed in 1 hour

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Addict-In-Trance For This Useful Post:

stormshadow (11-30-2016)

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 23:45 PM
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 519x in 360 Posts
    Czech Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by Addict-In-Trance View Post
    I want to hear a good set with quality tunes and not one with 20 tracks pressed in 1 hour
    Exactly, there are AvB's year-mixes for these purposes

Last Online
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 44x in 37 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Lots of things are different to how they were back in the day. I disagree that it's ridiculous. You're only saying so because you're used to longer tracks. That doesn't mean that tracks under 6 minutes in length are ridiculous. Maybe it's the long tracks that are ridiculous!

No, not ONLY for DJs' convenience, obviously. I don't know how you find a correlation between track length and skill though. I think you lack a basic understanding of DJing. You could still have long transitions with tracks that are 5 minutes in length. And to attribute lower BPMs to laziness is absurd too. Clearly, other people disagree with you on the point that "all trance sounds better at 140bpm".
    @Chaim Mankoff looks like two people @Addict-In-Trance and @mrx.friend disagree with your comments. So tell me what do you make of Gouryella - Gouryella Original Extended (10.49) do you think that track is Rediculous? What about Mr Helstrips Amber Track nearing 11 Mins is that Rediculous? System F The Sonnet (Anahera Original) Original Extended 10 mins is that Rediculous. How about N-Fluence Sweet Substance Original Mix 8.42 was that rediculous. One more just for good measure, Tony Walker Field of Joy Original Mix 10 mins plus, again must have been rediculous.

Djing is not about the quantity you mix, its the quality you mix. Again if Im to go into a Club I want the whole story of tracks, how can anyone get a story from what your making out 3-3.30 to 4-4.30 length parts in a mix. By taking out a minute from beggining and end to mix with on a Five min to five and a half min track your only showing between 3-4 mins of a track. I can not see how that benefits a Trance Fan. I need to listen to the whole story not just the super edited version from the DJ. Chaim On this occaision Dearie I have to say that your going along with the crowd and not being an individual. You might as well call yourself David Guetta.
    A New Trance Generation

Last Online
    10-13-2019 @ 10:33 AM
    Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,220x in 1,546 Posts
    Sweden
    11 min tracks without content is ridiculous. 7-8 min tracks with the right amount of variation/build/changes are the ideal. Its all about content and convenience.

I the case of Field of Joy it could've atleast been reduced to 9 or 8.30 min. Having a track that is 12 min just for the sake of empty parts with a kick and some hi-hats is stupid.now if there is something that makes track speak to you all of those 12 min thats another subject.
    Last edited by Daysleeper; 11-26-2016 at 10:33 AM.
    #Sicknessesintheair

Say no to STEROIDS.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daysleeper For This Useful Post:

mrx.friend (11-26-2016), PeenutsDx (11-26-2016)

Last Online
    10-07-2019 @ 00:52 AM
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 163x in 109 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Wilkinson View Post
    @Chaim Mankoff looks like two people @Addict-In-Trance and @mrx.friend disagree with your comments. So tell me what do you make of Gouryella - Gouryella Original Extended (10.49) do you think that track is Rediculous? What about Mr Helstrips Amber Track nearing 11 Mins is that Rediculous? System F The Sonnet (Anahera Original) Original Extended 10 mins is that Rediculous. How about N-Fluence Sweet Substance Original Mix 8.42 was that rediculous. One more just for good measure, Tony Walker Field of Joy Original Mix 10 mins plus, again must have been rediculous.

Djing is not about the quantity you mix, its the quality you mix. Again if Im to go into a Club I want the whole story of tracks, how can anyone get a story from what your making out 3-3.30 to 4-4.30 length parts in a mix. By taking out a minute from beggining and end to mix with on a Five min to five and a half min track your only showing between 3-4 mins of a track. I can not see how that benefits a Trance Fan. I need to listen to the whole story not just the super edited version from the DJ. Chaim On this occaision Dearie I have to say that your going along with the crowd and not being an individual. You might as well call yourself David Guetta.
    What @Daysleeper said! You're completely twisting my words here @Real Wilkinson
    A recent offering from Perrelli & Mankoff:

Last Online
    @
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 788x in 567 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Daysleeper View Post
    11 min tracks without content is ridiculous. 7-8 min tracks with the right amount of variation/build/changes are the ideal. Its all about content and convenience.

I the case of Field of Joy it could've atleast been reduced to 9 or 8.30 min. Having a track that is 12 min just for the sake of empty parts with a kick and some hi-hats is stupid.now if there is something that makes track speak to you all of those 12 min thats another subject.
    If a track is 10 or 11 minutes it could be ok...... IF and I say IF the track is build up nicely.
    This track for example is a good one (imo

My ideal length is between 7 and 9 minutes!
    But most of the tracks nowadays start with the kick immedeately and then after 1 minute the break and then 30 seconds later the climax for 2 minutes..... Then the outro for 1:30 and finish....

Last Online
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 44x in 37 Posts
    United Kingdom
    What @Daysleeper said! You're completely twisting my words here @Real Wilkinson
    @Chaim Mankoff - I understand where your coming from, however this is somewhere we are in disagreement. Longer tracks and faster tempo is for me. And by most music listeners of today they like shorter slower tracks that dont do anything for me. Just so boring with hardly any content.

Let me just ask Mr Mankoff what do you think of "Quite Probable" the best Trance track of all time Out Of The Blue by Corsten System F? The Album Version is about 6 mins and theres a Sams 5AM Mix which is about 8 mins plus are these tracks not good for you considering they dont fit your four to five mins track sets. I just dont see them feature in your sets. Because of the BPM and because they are longer.
    A New Trance Generation

Last Online
    10-01-2019 @ 16:19 PM
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 77x in 52 Posts
    United States
    Don't know if it is just me but parts of the melody reminds me of either Ramsterdam or Ramnesia...

Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 15:49 PM
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689x in 1,021 Posts
    Estonia
    agree with daysleeper, people whining about track length is ridiculous, 95% of the 7-8 minute tracks include 2-3 minutes of boring buildup that adds a layer every now and then and then removes them in the end. If this could be reduced and get to point of track sooner, it is only better.
    If someone actually bothers doing some masterpiece like this that has content for entire 11 minutes, man i would love to buy that track. But those tracks ARE NOT FOR CLUBS, they are for home listening.
    2016 TOP 5 (updated in July)
    1. Aymon - Sopor
    2. Avenue One feat. Fenja - Call of Summer (Suncatcher Remix)
    3. M.I.K.E. Push - Estivate
    4. The Noble Six - Oddworld
    5. Aurosonic - They Wait For Us (Progressive Remix)