Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Gouryella - From The Heavens

Last Online
    Today @ 00:00 AM
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,583x in 962 Posts
    Netherlands
    So it is mixed, like I predicted. I wonder one thing though Twan. What's with his EDC set and Electronic Family set? They are identical to the set on this CD.

So what is Ferry doing when he is presenting a 'live' Gouryella show?

I love the Gouryella tracks but the live show seems to be nothing more than a pre-recorded set (which is now sold on that CD)

Last Online
    04-06-2017 @ 23:43 PM
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 9x in 6 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Voci View Post
    So it is mixed, like I predicted. I wonder one thing though Twan. What's with his EDC set and Electronic Family set? They are identical to the set on this CD.

So what is Ferry doing when he is presenting a 'live' Gouryella show?

I love the Gouryella tracks but the live show seems to be nothing more than a pre-recorded set (which is now sold on that CD)
    The Gouryella show is definitely live and not pre-recorded. Think there's even a bit of 1 or 2 shows where they recorded him (video) in the booth, so you can see what he is doing. Pretty sure there will also be footage from inside the DJ booth on the Gouryella documentary. I've only seen the trailer so far tbh haha. And a Gouryella show is very different compared to a normal Ferry Corsten set. Gouryella shows are not only about the music, but also a lot about the visuals etc, All visuals are all made especially for the Gouryella shows and the order of the tracks is indeed the same. All Gouryella shows are 1 hour (that's why he does festivals only as Gouryella), so this way everything fits exactly in 60 minutes, plus the VJs know what to expect and what to do so it all looks amazing.

And yes, it is not an album, people kept asking for the set, so now they can get the "From The Heavens" compilation. And some lucky people got the Box Set with the extras ;-)
    Last edited by Dancemania; 12-19-2016 at 15:31 PM.

Last Online
    12-25-2016 @ 04:47 AM
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 44x in 37 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancemania View Post
    The compilation contains the mixed Gouryella set. Some versions are shorter, some are the longer ones (funny you didn't mention these), but they are not the radio edits as you mentioned in your post. Besides that, you already mentioned before the release date in your post that it would be radio edits. What's your source for that? Indeed, you couldn't know and you didn't know ;-)
    Besides that, the full versions of the Gouryella tracks Ferry produced exclusively for the show are available as well:
    https://www.discogs.com/Ferry-Corste...elease/9481762

And yes, I'm not a forum moderator and I don't want to be one ;-) Just a bit sad you still post your assumptions as "facts" and people believe that. Some things never change right? ;-)
    It was being discussed on Twitter by top Rated DJs and Producers in the industry before the release. Surely Twan they cant be wrong these top rated djs who said there would be radio edits. However so Twan Im sure youll see this when you do your investigation on Twitter. Nevermind. You have proved me right.

So I am also guessing Twan discussing Gouryella that the former forum guys and I were wrong when we discussed who was behind Gouryella Ligaya. We said it was John Ewbank who was involved. That must have been a wrong 'Fact' Twan as you will inevitably corrected me that John Ewbank had nothing to do with Ligaya?
    Last edited by Real Wilkinson; 12-19-2016 at 17:36 PM.
    A New Trance Generation

Real Wilkinson - [ben-wilkinson]

[url]https://m.soundcloud.com/ben-wilkinson-548527752/url]

Follow on Twitter [at] Real_Wilkinson

Last Online
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 9x in 6 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Wilkinson View Post
    It was being discussed on Twitter by top Rated DJs and Producers in the industry before the release. Surely Twan they cant be wrong these top rated djs who said there would be radio edits. However so Twan Im sure youll see this when you do your investigation on Twitter. Nevermind. You have proved me right.

So I am also guessing Twan discussing Gouryella that the former forum guys and I were wrong when we discussed who was behind Gouryella Ligaya. We said it was John Ewbank who was involved. That must have been a wrong 'Fact' Twan as you will inevitably corrected me that John Ewbank had nothing to do with Ligaya?
    I haven't seen a single Tweet about "top Rated DJs and Producers in the industry" discussing this before the release and talk about radio edits on this release? But feel free to link me so we can all see it, thank you.

And I have never said that John Ewbank wasn't involved with "Ligaya"? That was a known fact from the start, there were press pics of John and Ferry together and I wrote a whole item about "Ligaya" on the forum, including the John Ewbank story.... Glad I did copy that story later on Discogs as well, so here you go: https://www.discogs.com/Gouryella-Ligaya/release/52834
    John has always been in the credits as well, so it is not a secret and why should I deny he had anything to do with "Ligaya". Can you please stop making up stuff, it gets annoying....

Anyway, I posted the review on Discogs in April 2006 as you can see. There's my evidence, where is yours?

Now kindly post links to the Tweets from the "top Rated DJs and Producers in the industry" that were talking about the radio edits before the release of "From The Heavens". Nobody had the compilation before the release, so they couldn't have known what would be on it. But hey, I'm waiting to see all the evidence Tweets you are gonna show us all now. Good luck ;-)
    Last edited by Dancemania; 12-19-2016 at 20:06 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dancemania For This Useful Post:

Halon (12-22-2016), PegaSus (12-19-2016)

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 20:41 PM
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27x in 23 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Anyway.....

Mine arrived today. Nice little package for the fanboys. I was only really interested in the vinyl so the other stuff will just sit in the box. I will Listen to the CD over the next few days. I do wish they included the remastered singles though as MP3's/WAVs rather than having to buy them on top.

Nice to see something a bit different, so plaudits for Ferry. I would like to see more big single tunes released on vinyl for the collectors in 2017. Albums I'm not fussed about.

I also pledged to help fund Gabriel & Dresden's new album a few weeks ago which is Trance and comes out in May. Tiesto even played 30 minutes of Trance classics at ADE.

Interesting times for Trance....

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to njroddy For This Useful Post:

Dancemania (12-19-2016), SupaNoodles (12-20-2016)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 44x in 37 Posts
    United Kingdom
    A New Trance Generation

Last Online
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 9x in 6 Posts
    Netherlands
    When I click that link it says "Sorry, that page doesn't exist!"?

Last Online
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 44x in 37 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Moved or Deleted?
    A New Trance Generation

Last Online
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 9x in 6 Posts
    Netherlands
    Moved or Deleted?
    Euh, I don't know, I asked you for evidence and I don't see any (as I expected...). First thing you do is post 1 non working link, great reply lol.

Some free advice, just stop with your fake info and lies. Doesn't make you any more interesting or whatever. You only make yourself look stupid here. I was hoping you would have learned from the mistakes you made in the past, but it seems you didn't... Shame ....
    Last edited by Dancemania; 12-19-2016 at 20:37 PM.

Last Online
    04-03-2019 @ 19:53 PM
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 418x in 285 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Just to confirm that the cd album doesn't have radio edits, but is cut down from the originals. Oh and prefer the original Gouryella - Gouryella for one. I wonder if I could speed them up...

Last Online
    Today @ 06:49 AM
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 834x in 577 Posts
    Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaNoodles View Post
    Oh and prefer the original Gouryella - Gouryella for one.
    New Gouryella sounds straight up weird. It's as if the track lost a lot of intensity.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 9x in 6 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaNoodles View Post
    Just to confirm that the cd album doesn't have radio edits, but is cut down from the originals. Oh and prefer the original Gouryella - Gouryella for one. I wonder if I could speed them up...
    Correct! And yes you can, that's why Ferry did produce the new versions of the old tracks at 135 BPM. So both DJs that play 135 BPM or faster (since there are lots of DJs as well that prefer 138 or faster) can play them as well. Speeding up tracks sounds better than slowing down Hope this helps!

Last Online
    11-20-2019 @ 23:13 PM
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 33x in 21 Posts
    Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by njroddy View Post
    Anyway.....

Mine arrived today. Nice little package for the fanboys. I was only really interested in the vinyl so the other stuff will just sit in the box. I will Listen to the CD over the next few days. I do wish they included the remastered singles though as MP3's/WAVs rather than having to buy them on top.

Nice to see something a bit different, so plaudits for Ferry. I would like to see more big single tunes released on vinyl for the collectors in 2017. Albums I'm not fussed about.

I also pledged to help fund Gabriel & Dresden's new album a few weeks ago which is Trance and comes out in May. Tiesto even played 30 minutes of Trance classics at ADE.

Interesting times for Trance....
    I got mine today too and I also pledged for G&D. I'd rather spend my money on this stuff than presents :P
    Out of curiosity what tracks did Tiesto play?

Last Online
    12-10-2019 @ 12:32 PM
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,824x in 1,373 Posts
    Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancemania View Post
    When I click that link it says "Sorry, that page doesn't exist!"?
    Same here lol.
    Old Skool Trance FTW!!!

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 20:41 PM
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 27x in 23 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by KrissO View Post
    I got mine today too and I also pledged for G&D. I'd rather spend my money on this stuff than presents :P
    Out of curiosity what tracks did Tiesto play?
    I use Trance lightly for the first 3 ...

1. TiŽsto vs Dzeko & Torres -Check Lethal Industry Out (MAKJ Edit)
    2. Tiesto ft. BT - Love Comes Again (Blasterjaxx Remix)
    3. Delerium ft. Sarah McLachlan - Silence (W&W vs Jonas Stenberg Remix)
    4. TiŽsto - Adagio For Strings
    5. Klaus Badelt - He's a Pirate (Pirates of The Caribbean OST) (TiŽsto Remix)
    6. Gabriel & Dresden pres. Motorcycle - As The Rush Comes (Gabriel & Dresden Sweeping Strings Mix)