Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Visited a friend who owns a JP8000 today and we tried to replicate the classic trance sound...."

Last Online
    Today @ 00:35 AM
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,444x in 1,001 Posts
    Sweden

"Visited a friend who owns a JP8000 today and we tried to replicate the classic trance sound...."

Stealing this post from reddit/trancit. Its not by me first off and secondly I hope the guys who made the remix is fine with this.

I think they did a relatively good job with this whatever they did (not that much?) and M.I.K.E. still struggling to "find" the old sound. What do you trancegents think? Maybe matrixmorpheus was right all along that the only way to get the authentic old sound is with the same hardware the classic were made with.

Just wanna end this with the question: Do we want this sound back ?

Last edited by Daysleeper; 12-09-2016 at 23:15 PM.
    Where is the music in todays "trance"?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daysleeper For This Useful Post:

DarkRyder (12-10-2016), Nerio (12-11-2016)

Last Online
    07-18-2017 @ 00:25 AM
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 130x in 96 Posts
    Germany
    Yes! Yes! Yes!
    "What happnd to music with emotions?"

Last Online
    Today @ 13:29 PM
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,452x in 1,055 Posts
    Serbia
    Love the basslines and acid, especially how they are put together. But the remix doesn't sound complete unfortunately.
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

Last Online
    Today @ 10:57 AM
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 424x in 304 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Daysleeper View Post
    Maybe matrixmorpheus was right all along that the only way to get the authentic old sound is with the same hardware the classic were made with.

Im pretty sure software nowadays can replicate any hardware from back in the day - why couldnt it..

Last Online
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdelayna View Post
    Im pretty sure software nowadays can replicate any hardware from back in the day - why couldnt it..
    If you say so.

Last Online
    Today @ 14:20 PM
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,628x in 977 Posts
    Estonia
    No, as everything with this sound has been already done. I mean classic cars look cool and every now and then some new model is made that has the look and feeling of the old one, but compared to modern cars, classic cars are just plain bad to use.
    Time moves on and so should music.
    2016 TOP 5 (updated in July)
    1. Aymon - Sopor
    2. Avenue One feat. Fenja - Call of Summer (Suncatcher Remix)
    3. M.I.K.E. Push - Estivate
    4. The Noble Six - Oddworld
    5. Aurosonic - They Wait For Us (Progressive Remix)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tep For This Useful Post:

Thijs (12-11-2016)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by tep View Post
    No, as everything with this sound has been already done. I mean classic cars look cool and every now and then some new model is made that has the look and feeling of the old one, but compared to modern cars, classic cars are just plain bad to use.
    Can't really draw a parallel between cars & music. Music should evolve, but that doesn't mean everything old is bad and should stop being made. Some prefer older trance with specific sounds, I don't see the reason why it shouldn't be recreated. Other people have newer, evolved music, so there's that too.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

Marco1979 (08-13-2017)

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:02 AM
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,227x in 1,567 Posts
    Netherlands
    To do the same old thing, you need to keep doing the samec old thing. Isnt that a little obvious? And isnt it a little obvious that those guys would get that result?

I agree to the things that @tep said...To keep amazed by those same things from the past, you need a timemachine instead of the JP8000. Wish I could make you one so you could fuck off to the past. @Daysleeper you prove over and over again that you cant handle living in a present time, No matter which present Time...
    Last edited by Thijs; 12-11-2016 at 09:35 AM.
    Happiness is everywhere, but it's never complete...

Last Online
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Thijs View Post
    To do the same old thing, you need to keep doing the samec old thing. Isnt that a little obvious? And isnt it a little obvious that those guys would get that result?

I agree to the things that @tep said...To keep amazed by those same things from the past, you need a timemachine instead of the JP8000. Wish I could make you one so you could fuck off to the past. @Daysleeper you prove over and over again that you cant handle living in a present time, No matter which present Time...
    What do you think of them remix? Outdated xd ?

Last Online
    Today @ 10:57 AM
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 424x in 304 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Daysleeper View Post
    What do you think of them remix? Outdated xd ?
    It sounds outdated and a bit too simple even for 1998/99. I understand it was just a fun project they did though...

Last Online
    Today @ 07:43 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 42x in 31 Posts
    Slovakia
    I mean classic cars look cool and every now and then some new model is made that has the look and feeling of the old one, but compared to modern cars, classic cars are just plain bad to use.
    Kai Tracid do not agree: https://youtu.be/feKm6rHCllY?t=160
    I can agree "Time moves on and so should music." i can move on, but if there is any objective standard then what they play today, can not be called trance. And that is only thing what irritate me.
    Those were when the top sounding tracks were fresh, and since then everyone wants to 'experiment' but I mean, if you like classic rock, then you hear Metallica or Nirvana, sure it may be amazing, but its a different style completely right? So Trance like classic rock has a specific sound in the earlier days that is what defined it as trance, but as the years and iterations of people trying to do something new roll on, we saw of lot morphing like in the metaphor above...
    We mixed the "Classic rock" defining features with so much foreign entity that for those who had that itch... it wasn't getting scratched. It seems I believe with the new gouryella track topping everywhere it was sending a clear message to producers that we want that authentic timeless sound. We want classic rock style, in its purest form, but done with todays energy levels. Keep the formula of Trance
    About that song, great especially part 1:09 - 1:36 today the do not create part like that, Instead, they started doing this (0:00-0:17)

But Roland can make even better sound 0:22
    If someone can answer me frome where is that sound or why they started added it into songs, i would be grateful.
    Last edited by Nerio; 12-11-2016 at 12:47 PM.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Estonia
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    Can't really draw a parallel between cars & music. Music should evolve, but that doesn't mean everything old is bad and should stop being made. Some prefer older trance with specific sounds, I don't see the reason why it shouldn't be recreated. Other people have newer, evolved music, so there's that too.
    I think they are very comparable, i never said all old cars are bad. 10 year old BMW 7 series probably is still better car than majority of mediocre cars. And there are also purists in car-industry, who believe going electric and hybrid is bullshit and true engine is american v8 etc.
    It still puzzles me that so many people fail to understand entire picture of why trance is different now, it is not just the sounds or hardware vs software. It is a combination of many things, out of which many you simply cannot replicate:
    1) top producers at their prime - majority of composers write their best work between 20-35. Sure there are exceptions, but i have strong feeling we will never hear sounds and tracks as good as they used to create from the likes of PvD, AvB, A&B, Ferry Corsten and others simply because they are not capable of it anymore.
    2) sounds were fresh - trance in late 90s and early 00s was fresh style of music, just like any other genre, once it loses it freshness, quality will also slowly decline as the things you can do within the genre are just limited and at some point those limits are reached. It is not a surprise that at some point trance producers started experimenting with other sounds like techno, dnb and god forbid dubstep.
    3) it was created by the best producers in the genre. Guys hailed nowadays like Sean Tyas, John Askew, Thrillseekers and others were just B-quality producers back then, top producers have either aged or moved on to other genres.
    4) you feel better about it like you feel better about anything else you did in your youth, because your brain works that way. Most of the older trance listeners have other emotions attached to listening to classic sounds, its not only the music, but the settings, the parties, the energy you had at your youth, which you miss now.
    5) technical side - more unique sounds with producers actually using hardware and own sounds instead of boring software, which makes every track sound like another.
    6) it was the most popular EDM sound back in the day, which also meant that there was alot more money, interest and people coming in the genre compared to now, when for majority of the countries dont even have trance events and any new talents that may arise will go produce other genres.

The list will go on, but seriously, people should get over it, there are some things in life that you simply cannot do anything about and evolution and aging are 2 of those things.
    1. Aymon - Sopor

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tep For This Useful Post:

Fredjan (12-21-2016), Quethas (12-13-2016), Reconceal (12-11-2016)

Last Online
    Today @ 07:43 AM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 42x in 31 Posts
    Slovakia
    1) top producers at their prime - majority of composers write their best work between 20-35. Sure there are exceptions, but i have strong feeling we will never hear sounds and tracks as good as they used to create from the likes of PvD, AvB, A&B, Ferry Corsten and others simply because they are not capable of it anymore.
    Of course i do not suppose that they still create so much and so greate trance song, but what i do expect It's another young people to come out and create some great stuff. Yes here are some of them, but number of songs is too small.

4) you feel better about it like you feel better about anything else you did in your youth, because your brain works that way. Most of the older trance listeners have other emotions attached to listening to classic sounds, its not only the music, but the settings, the parties, the energy you had at your youth, which you miss now.
    Ok, then you can explain this: When trance was on his top 98-05 i was 5-12 years old my 2 brothers and one sister was
    17-24 years old, sister was 14-22
    How you explain that, me and also my brothers and sister like this type of music in that time (i even take the audiotape into school and play that songs on the physical education songs like Rmb-Spring, System F vs Armin van Buuren - Exhale)
    If that what you say was true then i or my sister, we should now different taste in music.
    But no, even today we still sharing betwen us this dance/trance compilations from that time, and still listening that.

EDIT: I just going to make some short video about transitions and breaks in trance from the past, i hope that explain why some people still like this type of music over new type.
    Last edited by Nerio; 12-11-2016 at 15:29 PM.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    I think they are very comparable, i never said all old cars are bad. 10 year old BMW 7 series probably is still better car than majority of mediocre cars. And there are also purists in car-industry, who believe going electric and hybrid is bullshit and true engine is american v8 etc.
    It still puzzles me that so many people fail to understand entire picture of why trance is different now, it is not just the sounds or hardware vs software. It is a combination of many things, out of which many you simply cannot replicate:
    2) sounds were fresh - trance in late 90s and early 00s was fresh style of music, just like any other genre, once it loses it freshness, quality will also slowly decline as the things you can do within the genre are just limited and at some point those limits are reached. It is not a surprise that at some point trance producers started experimenting with other sounds like techno, dnb and god forbid dubstep.
    3) it was created by the best producers in the genre. Guys hailed nowadays like Sean Tyas, John Askew, Thrillseekers and others were just B-quality producers back then, top producers have either aged or moved on to other genres.
    5) technical side - more unique sounds with producers actually using hardware and own sounds instead of boring software, which makes every track sound like another.
    6) it was the most popular EDM sound back in the day, which also meant that there was alot more money, interest and people coming in the genre compared to now, when for majority of the countries dont even have trance events and any new talents that may arise will go produce other genres.

The list will go on, but seriously, people should get over it, there are some things in life that you simply cannot do anything about and evolution and aging are 2 of those things.
    Now this is a post that makes a lot more sense. But on that 4th point - I'm a relatively new trance listener, since the end of 2011. And I started exploring classics in 2013. I still love the trance sound up to 2006. So, with me, it's not about youth, LSD & raves or nostalgia. It just connects with me, I still think it's better. Mind you, I also listen to and love some of the new stuff. And I definitely agree that there is not just one reason and one reason only why trance today is different.

You can't do anything about aging and evolution and all that stuff, but strictly related to nature. Us humans control most of the other stuff we can make.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Estonia
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    Now this is a post that makes a lot more sense. But on that 4th point - I'm a relatively new trance listener, since the end of 2011. And I started exploring classics in 2013. I still love the trance sound up to 2006. So, with me, it's not about youth, LSD & raves or nostalgia. It just connects with me, I still think it's better. Mind you, I also listen to and love some of the new stuff. And I definitely agree that there is not just one reason and one reason only why trance today is different.

You can't do anything about aging and evolution and all that stuff, but strictly related to nature. Us humans control most of the other stuff we can make.
    Like i said there are alot of reasons and obviously there are exceptions to the rule. Now if u think about Serbian trance scene overall, i am pretty sure you will describe it like i did: dead and that has many consequences, like top talents never bothering with this style of music and old talents have already said what they have to say in this style.
    Also i never said its only about point 4, it is just relevant for quite a few people in older generation.
    1. Aymon - Sopor