Hi guys

I recently got hold of a Gemini PS1 mixer with a non-functioning (and non-replaceable) crossfader which I'm hoping to re-purpose and was wondering if anyone here could help? The wires going into it are as below; I was planning to wire CH2 to a switch like it's a punch/transform button, and if not do the same separately for CH1 cut it out entirely (it's only to feed scratches via CH2 to a separate mixer for recording).

The writing on the right-most wire apparently describes the type and industry standard of the wiring itself.

Thanks if you can help.