Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How we used to live (serious topic) !!!

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 21:40 PM
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 155x in 121 Posts
    Bulgaria
    Last week we had ATP tournament here in Sofia and i went to the quarterfinals. There were some quality players and it's different beast to watch them live. You really can appreciate how good these guys are, their technical and physical abilities. Even at these events people are glued to their screens (even during longer and exciting rally). Just watch what happens on the court ffs.

Last Online
    Today @ 00:49 AM
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,408x in 1,781 Posts
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeRunner_ View Post
    Last week we had ATP tournament here in Sofia and i went to the quarterfinals. There were some quality players and it's different beast to watch them live. You really can appreciate how good these guys are, their technical and physical abilities. Even at these events people are glued to their screens (even during longer and exciting rally). Just watch what happens on the court ffs.

[videyoutube;aQqD6jiK4WM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQqD6jiK4WM]movie[/URL]
    Seems like it's more important to be seen being somewhere rather than actually being somewhere...
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 16:41 PM
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 106x in 81 Posts
    Netherlands
    Every year I try and find a week or two away from internet and the only thing electronic being photo material, preferably in a place with a lot of storm, rain and cold.

sleep outside. chase storm fronts, high waves

https://vimeo.com/253575330

its amazing how just a few weeks a year detoxing in ireland or russia can have an impact on your mindset

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 21:40 PM
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 155x in 121 Posts
    Bulgaria

Last Online
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Instagram's Mute function is a godsend! I muted stories and/or posts from around 70-80% of the people I follow.

See, most of the people I follow are friends and acquaintances. A few of those I muted are really boring millennials, sharing every insignificant detail of their day on stories (or just plainly abuses the stories function). A larger part of those I muted consists of people I know and would be rude not to follow but they post nothing interesting. SO, among those left are people/accounts that either post something interesting, post only occasionally, or ones in whose life I'm genuinely interested (close relatives and friends).

Now I just need to ditch the Search function and YouTube's Discover feed and I'm golden!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

dreparhusip (06-29-2019)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Apparently just removing YouTube icon from my smartphone's easy-access dock did the trick. I spend like 10 minutes a day on YouTube AT MOST (not counting music in the background).

What also did it for me was acknowledging that I have an issue at the moment. Of course, being busy and excited overall (got my first car) is a big part but just admitting that you aren't having the healthiest of habits (you must write it or say it out loud) can sometimes be enough.

So, next step: Completely eradicating smartphone usage the first thing in the morning and the last thing before sleep.
    After that: Removing the smartphone usage in the 'empty' moments (eg. waiting for something, in conversation etc).

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 23:39 PM
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,583x in 962 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    waiting for something
    That's a good one.

I used to travel daily with public transport, and still regularly do. It's always quite entertaining just seeing pretty much everyone staring at their phone. Guys and boys of 20 and younger are way too much on Twitch watching Fortnite clips. And girls are scrolling endlessly on Instagram. Probably following some 'famous' fashion/glamour people who actually didn't bring much to the world, yet are now millionaire because of 'views'.

It's a strange world.

Meanwhile, I'm still without Facebook (nobody needs it, for real!). For me the next step would also be less usage before sleep. While I don't have any social network apps, I still browse through news, sports news, gaming reviews, and of course, trancefix. All those things all already checked by me during the day, so to check again is just unnecessary, plain boredom and it doesn't help with sleeping either (so double stupid!)

The easiest solution would be to simply keep the phone downstairs. Then there's no temptation... Yet I will probably take it with me again tonight... weak earthlings...

Last Online
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by Voci View Post
    That's a good one.

I used to travel daily with public transport, and still regularly do. It's always quite entertaining just seeing pretty much everyone staring at their phone. Guys and boys of 20 and younger are way too much on Twitch watching Fortnite clips. And girls are scrolling endlessly on Instagram. Probably following some 'famous' fashion/glamour people who actually didn't bring much to the world, yet are now millionaire because of 'views'.

It's a strange world.

Meanwhile, I'm still without Facebook (nobody needs it, for real!). For me the next step would also be less usage before sleep. While I don't have any social network apps, I still browse through news, sports news, gaming reviews, and of course, trancefix. All those things all already checked by me during the day, so to check again is just unnecessary, plain boredom and it doesn't help with sleeping either (so double stupid!)

The easiest solution would be to simply keep the phone downstairs. Then there's no temptation... Yet I will probably take it with me again tonight... weak earthlings...
    I agree, and personally I sometimes get my phone out so that I don't have to socialize. That worries me more than looking at my phone before bed. But you need to fix the habit to fix the problem. But if you know nobody at the bus/train, who do you talk to? An old lady who's complaining about her hip arthritis? Or do you just stare at people around you?

That's what I'm talking about, just checking for no apparent reason. Could I survive if I don't check Instagram 5-10 times a day? Am I happier that way? Of course. But why do we do that I have no idea.

And don't even let me get started on these so-called 'influencers' - first of all, they should be called 'salespeople'. The way you truly influence people is by being the best you can be, and doing the best you can for yourself, your community, the world - leading by example and telling others to do the same. Just think about it - everyone who works on making themselves and the world around them better doesn't have time to post 3 photos and 10 stories a day. You don't influence people by having a nice ass and posting photos in weird poses with different clothes on different locations, telling you to buy shit you don't use because you were paid to do so and putting "VEGAN" in your profile bio. I love a nice ass though...

Last Online
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Netherlands
    Or do you just stare at people around you?
    It is the perfect moment to enjoy a view and to reflect on your day, on yourself etc.

its not coincedental that so many of us (millenials), are (somewhat) depressed. Stuck in a pattern, yet unable to get out of it. We only escape the world, all the time. For the generation after us its even worse... as they are unaware of it...
    Last edited by Voci; 07-01-2019 at 17:35 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Voci For This Useful Post:

BladeRunner_ (06-30-2019), Gagi (06-30-2019)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    It is the perfect moment to enjoy a view and to reflect on your day, on yourself etc.

its not coincedental that so many of us (millenials), are (somewhat) depressed. Stuck in a pattern, yet unable to get out of it. We only escape the world, all the time. For the mee generation after us its even worse... as they are unaware of it...
    I agree. Reaching for a phone in moments of boredom just limits our ability to think, to reflect. Luckily I often walk a lot and let my mind wander when I do that. But still, there's room for improvement.

I'm starting to think that I'm sometimes unable to fall asleep fast because when I go to bed, my mind starts racing about everything... Whether it's what's been worrying me for some time but I didn't think about it properly, or my wishes, fantasies, or just plain thoughts, it's always 'on'. And the cause of it is reaching for my phone in the moments of boredom. But generally speaking, the cause is just delaying the thoughts by doing something else instead - the phone is only to blame because it's not a productive activity.

Last Online
    12-03-2019 @ 00:37 AM
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,823x in 1,372 Posts
    Norway
    Yeah, people fucking suck and life is an endless nightmare
    Old Skool Trance FTW!!!

Last Online
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by Halon View Post
    life is an endless nightmare
    It is if you see it that way. To others, it's full of problems but the good experiences make it worth it. The trick is to find something that you want to stay alive for, and dedicating yourself to it.

That said, if something is bothering you, feel free to write it here. I've often found that my rants and long posts/discussions help me clarify my thoughts and get them out of my head.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

Halon (07-01-2019)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Netherlands
    my mind starts racing about everything...
    Could it also be a pattern in your (and everyones) brain? We are so used to having "input" when you lie in bed, that your brain simply will be active a lot, even when we finally put our phone away. I believe I read somewhere it takes 2 weeks for the body to physically reset from patterns and eating-behaviors. So maybe any new life-rhythm should be tested for at least 2 weeks. (obviously, a real addiction for anything is much more complex)

It helps to decative the brain by doing relaxed and low key things right before bedtime. For example play with your pet for bit. But not an intense online shooter... Lights are also imporant: Lights in the bedroom, not helping. And in the evening have it dimmed. Lights make the brain think it's day. Let them think it's evening/night.

Good tip for when the brain is way too active in bed: focus on your body. Focus on your breathing. Count seconds: 4 seconds inhaling, freeze for 2 seconds, then slowly exhaling 5 seconds. Just keep counting endlessly. It's a basic breathing-exercise. The counting takes your mind of any thinking. The slow breathing makes the physical body calm Doesn't always work of course...

Anyway, I like how we talk about this stuff on a music website. It does have influence on me. Nice. Good tip to Halon too. I'm sure writing what really bothers you could help a lot.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Voci For This Useful Post:

BladeRunner_ (07-01-2019)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Could it also be a pattern in your (and everyones) brain? We are so used to having "input" when you lie in bed, that your brain simply will be active a lot, even when we finally put our phone away. I believe I read somewhere it takes 2 weeks for the body to physically reset from patterns and eating-behaviors. So maybe any new life-rhythm should be tested for at least 2 weeks. (obviously, a real addiction for anything is much more complex)

It helps to decative the brain by doing relaxed and low key things right before bedtime. For example play with your pet for bit. But not an intense online shooter... Lights are also imporant: Lights in the bedroom, not helping. And in the evening have it dimmed. Lights make the brain think it's day. Let them think it's evening/night.

Good tip for when the brain is way too active in bed: focus on your body. Focus on your breathing. Count seconds: 4 seconds inhaling, freeze for 2 seconds, then slowly exhaling 5 seconds. Just keep counting endlessly. It's a basic breathing-exercise. The counting takes your mind of any thinking. The slow breathing makes the physical body calm Doesn't always work of course...

Anyway, I like how we talk about this stuff on a music website. It does have influence on me. Nice. Good tip to Halon too. I'm sure writing what really bothers you could help a lot.
    Yes, it's exactly that. You just cram information into your brain all the time that it hasn't got the time to process what's already there. I read that it's 21 days, but the number doesn't matter - it's just sticking to your behaviour/habit correction.

Of course, lighting is another good tip. There are apps that reduce the blue light emission from your monitor (blue light is responsible for keeping our minds think it's daytime) - one I always use(d) was F.lux: https://justgetflux.com

The breathing and focusing on your body is something very similar to meditation, I've done a few meditations that are supposed to relax your body and mind with breathing and focusing on your body. They work, but not all the time. Sometimes it's too hard to concentrate, sometimes it's too hot (temperature is another big factor in falling asleep), sometimes you're too hungry and when you get a late-night snack you can't fall asleep instantly... There are a lot of reasons.

Yup, I like that too. This is probably the only part of the forum where we can really go in depth on a certain topic.

Last Online
    12-03-2019 @ 00:37 AM
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,823x in 1,372 Posts
    Norway
    It is if you see it that way. To others, it's full of problems but the good experiences make it worth it. The trick is to find something that you want to stay alive for, and dedicating yourself to it.

That said, if something is bothering you, feel free to write it here. I've often found that my rants and long posts/discussions help me clarify my thoughts and get them out of my head.
    Thanks.
    Old Skool Trance FTW!!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Halon For This Useful Post:

Gagi (07-01-2019)