Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vegetariansim/Veganism

Last Online
    Today @ 15:48 PM
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,111x in 1,464 Posts
    United Kingdom

Vegetariansim/Veganism

What are your thoughts. Are you one or have you tried before? I have tried being a vegetarian for roughly 7 months now and its funny the reactions you get from people. Lots of curiosity as to why and reasons seem to vary from person to person. It's an interesting topic to discuss with a lot of strong opinions.

Last Online
    01-12-2019 @ 01:02 AM
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,185x in 2,525 Posts
    Netherlands
    The vegetarians I know are shitty ones and fall back to eating meat sooner or later lol. I don't get why people do it to be honest. Meat is so delicious
    My CD Collection:

1000 items and rising

http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=PegaSus2k6

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PegaSus For This Useful Post:

Gagi (10-05-2017), Hyper Drive (04-11-2018)

Last Online
    Today @ 17:25 PM
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,095x in 1,546 Posts
    Serbia
    I couldn't be one, but I admire it because it kinda promotes healthy/healthier eating (at least in my mind). The vegan/vegetarian food seems a bit healthier to me since it's mostly veggies and whatever else - not a pro there. There's no way I would give up meat though, I just love it too much and I always look to have one meal a day which contains meat - mostly chicken nowadays. Provides the most amount of energy, and I'm fullest and most satiated after eating meat.

We do have some vegans/vegetarians here (@Sunshine and @Phael and maybe a few others), when I asked them they seemed to be quite pleased with vegan/vegetarian food and a bit vocal on their opinions of meat.

I'm cool with it and don't really care as long as I'm not attacked because someone thinks you shouldn't kill animals for food or thinks I'll get cancer from meat or whatever else they heard from propaganda 'research'.

Since I haven't really delved deep into vegan/vegetarian diet, do you mind telling me a bit more? What do you eat? What are your favourite meals, what spices do you use? Did you notice any changes in your weight, energy, strength, mood and sleep? I believe 7 months should be enough to get rid of that "oh I feel amazing this is life-changing try it out" placebo effect and to be more objective.
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

Last Online
    Today @ 09:39 AM
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 790x in 471 Posts
    Slovenia
    I have nothing against veganism or vegetarianism. Everyone can be whatever they want. However, I get really annoyed when a lot of vegans try to force their beliefs on others.

I've never tried it myself and I don't intend to. I have a very healthy and nutritious diet by eating everything and I'm happy with how things are.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rok For This Useful Post:

Gagi (10-05-2017)

Last Online
    Today @ 15:48 PM
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,111x in 1,464 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    Since I haven't really delved deep into vegan/vegetarian diet, do you mind telling me a bit more?
    I have not noticed any significant feeling or change in myself since going vegetarian. People ask if I feel better inside and I honestly have no idea...maybe I am not very in-tune with my state of health. However I was eating very very healthy for years and had a good meat/veg balance before so this perhaps this is why I didn't notice any difference. In contrast, when I stopped drinking for 1 month the difference I felt was astonishing.

I am also feeling stronger than I ever have since dropping meat. I lift more than I ever have and feel much leaner too. My friend who bodybuilds is also vegetarian and he is fucking ripped and huge. One of the many myths Ive come across is that protein is gonna be so hard to get...it's not at all. I just have to eat bit more throughout the day, which is a bonus in my eyes (I love eating). The lifestyle switch is not a difficult one, as some people seem to convince themselves. We live in a world where every single plant is available at the click of a button or the stroll minutes down the street. It's never been easier.
    Last edited by Hensmon; 10-06-2017 at 15:40 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hensmon For This Useful Post:

Gagi (10-06-2017)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by Hensmon View Post
    I have not noticed any significant feeling or change in myself since going vegetarian. People ask if I feel better inside and I honestly have no idea...maybe I am not very in-tune with my state of health. However I was eating very very healthy for years and had a good meat/veg balance before so this perhaps this is why I didn't notice any difference. In contrast, when I stopped drinking for 1 month the difference I felt was astonishing.

I am also feeling stronger than I ever have since dropping meat. I lift more than I ever have and feel much leaner too. My friend who bodybuilds is also vegetarian and he is fucking ripped and huge. One of the many myths Ive come across is that protein is gonna be so hard to get...it's not at all. I just have to eat bit more throughout the day, which is a bonus in my eyes (I love eating). The lifestyle switch is not a difficult one, as some people seem to convince themselves. We live in a world where every single plant is available at the click of a button or the stroll minutes down the street. It's never been easier.
    Ok, so do you mind sharing some recipes, meal ideas, or just what you eat for a day? I should probably try to incorporate that more into my diet, although I don't see myself making a complete switch ever.

Watched a video on YouTube, which basically says that the gut bacteria in our stomach respond to the different types of food we eat. So if we eat fast food all the time, the bacteria which feeds off of that will grow in numbers, and as a result, send signals to our brain making us crave fast food. Same goes for fruits and veggies and whatever else. So, once you switch to a healthy diet and go through that initial change in gut bacteria, keeping the diet is easy because your gut will crave that food only. Interesting stuff. Here's the full video if you're interested.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Slovenia
    Watched a video on YouTube, which basically says that the gut bacteria in our stomach respond to the different types of food we eat. So if we eat fast food all the time, the bacteria which feeds off of that will grow in numbers, and as a result, send signals to our brain making us crave fast food. Same goes for fruits and veggies and whatever else. So, once you switch to a healthy diet and go through that initial change in gut bacteria, keeping the diet is easy because your gut will crave that food only. Interesting stuff. Here's the full video if you're interested.
    I can confirm that from my own experience. I used to eat junk food and sugar all the time. I had the 'average' diet, I'd eat 2-3 times per day with a lot of quick snacks (sweets etc) in between. I almost constantly felt the urge to eat sweets.

Approximately 4 years ago when I started weight lifting, I slowly changed my diet to a very healthy one. Within 4-5 months I cut down eating sweets and junk to a minimum and from then on I NEVER missed any of them. Nowadays I still eat clean, I love my diet and I never feel like I'm missing anything. On top of that I feel good and I'm in great physical shape.

Considering everything I just don't see why I would try veganism at all.
    Last edited by Rok; 10-06-2017 at 18:18 PM.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by Rok View Post
    I can confirm that from my own experience. I used to eat junk food and sugar all the time. I had the 'average' diet, I'd eat 2-3 times per day with a lot of quick snacks (sweets etc) in between. I almost constantly felt the urge to eat sweets.

Approximately 4 years ago when I started weight lifting, I slowly changed my diet to a very healthy one. Within 4-5 months I cut down eating sweets and junk to a minimum and from then on I NEVER missed any of them. Nowadays I still eat clean, I love my diet and I never feel like I'm missing anything. On top of that I feel good and I'm in great physical shape.

Considering everything I just don't see why I would try veganism at all.
    Me as well. But sometimes the old habits kick back in, be it from depression, physical inactivity, laziness or "I'll just have one piece". I've managed to stay off of processed sugar and bad diet overall for a while, it's very rewarding. When you eat processed sugar, you crave it every single day. And it only takes a few weeks of abstinence perhaps to not have a single craving from then on. But, unfortunately it only takes a little to reverse the effect.

What do you usually eat?

Last Online
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Slovenia

What do you usually eat?
    Oatmeal, potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, whole wheat pasta, chicken breast, turkey breast, beef, all kinds of fish, eggs, different nuts (fave are almonds), peanut butter, fruits, veggies (some of my fave are zucchini, broccoli, beans, spinach), some dairy products (milk quite often, greek yoghurt every now and then). I also always have a can of whey protein at home for a quick and handy protein source.

These are some of my most common foods.

Don't get me wrong though, it's not like I never ever eat processed sugars and similar stuff. I do every now and then if I feel like it. Especially when hanging out with friends or similar situations. Treating yourself in moderation is part of having a healthy diet, imo.
    Last edited by Rok; 10-06-2017 at 19:13 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rok For This Useful Post:

Gagi (10-06-2017)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Oatmeal, potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, whole wheat pasta, chicken breast, turkey breast, beef, all kinds of fish, eggs, different nuts (fave are almonds), peanut butter, fruits, veggies (some of my fave are zucchini, broccoli, beans, spinach), some dairy products (milk quite often, greek yoghurt every now and then). I also always have a can of whey protein at home for a quick and handy protein source.

These are some of my most common foods.

Don't get me wrong though, it's not like I never ever eat processed sugars and similar stuff. I do every now and then if I feel like it. Especially when hanging out with friends or similar situations. Treating yourself in moderation is part of having a healthy diet, imo.
    Do you enjoy fermented foods such as sauerkraut, pickled cucumbers, fefferoni peppers and stuff like that? It's a big part of my culture, didn't even know it was healthy.

I get what you say about moderation. Possibly the cause of why people give up healthy diets is that most of them are quite restrictive.

Last Online
    Today @ 16:24 PM
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 955x in 657 Posts
    United Kingdom
    I dont understand it - im a pure Carnivore

Last Online
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Slovenia
    Do you enjoy fermented foods such as sauerkraut, pickled cucumbers, fefferoni peppers and stuff like that?
    Not exactly my thing, tbh.

I get what you say about moderation. Possibly the cause of why people give up healthy diets is that most of them are quite restrictive.
    For sure. Most people don't have a good idea what it means to have a healthy diet and when they try to give it a shot they end up restricting themselves way too much. That's bound to fail, cause it's not sustainable.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Not exactly my thing, tbh.
    What about sarma (stuffed cabbage) though? I see you're from Slovenia, you must've tried that. It's one of the very few meals which contain sauerkraut and where the sauerkraut is actually edible.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Slovenia
    What about sarma (stuffed cabbage) though? I see you're from Slovenia, you must've tried that. It's one of the very few meals which contain sauerkraut and where the sauerkraut is actually edible.
    Oh yes, of course! Sarma is great.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Rok For This Useful Post:

Gagi (10-07-2017)

Last Online
    01-13-2019 @ 16:04 PM
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 147x in 110 Posts
    Canada
    im probably about 90% vegetarian. i do eat alil bit of meat but not alot. im slowly trying to wane myself off meat and it doesnt bother me at all that im almost meat free. i do it for health reasons and also to be more environmentally friendly and more ethical. i prefer eating more of a plant based diet. i like knowing im making more of a positive difference in the world by consuming less meat and being more ethical.