Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 44 of 44

Thread: Crypto currencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum etc) - Do you use them?

  1. #31
    Hensmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:58 AM
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Posts
    5,670
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,430
    Thanked 2,260x in 1,563 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon View Post
    My portfolio:

    Bitcoin
    NEO
    IOTA
    ICON
    Raiblocks
    Vechain
    Power Ledger
    QASH
    Walton
    Request Network
    Haha wtf are all of these. Haven't heard of half of these, where do you buy em from. Also...no Ripple?

  2. #32
    Bluemoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    12-04-2019 @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    761
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 317x in 201 Posts
    Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by Hensmon View Post
    Haha wtf are all of these. Haven't heard of half of these, where do you buy em from. Also...no Ripple?
    I use bittrex and binance, or mostly binance.

    Yeah no ripple, i had some ripple some months ago, regret it now i guess but i made decent profit getting in early on especially NEO ,Walton and IOTA.

    Neo = The chinese ethereum
    ICON = Korean Ethereum
    Raiblocks = maybe the best up and coming coin for transferring money, zero fees and transactions takes 1 second
    Vechain = Connecting blockchain and rfid
    Power ledger = Connecting blockchain with sale of solar power
    Qash = Japanese ethereum
    Walton = Connecting rfid and blockchain
    Request Network = Paypal 2.0 just on a blockchain

  3. #33
    Voci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 13:17 PM
    Location
    Assen, Netherlands
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Posts
    4,587
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    441
    Thanked 1,583x in 962 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierre92 View Post
    If you think conservative, BTC is bullshit - good for you . If you think in terms of progression and out-of-the-box, it might be THE fix we need to keep our corrupt banks, who are run be the greediest persons, (because hey, that's a self-sustaining and reinforcing feedforward loop), at bay, because BTC is run by math, not by egos and risk-taking individuals.
    I really don't see your point at all. Sure, the bank people are 'greedy', they get bonusses while 'we' get nothing, unfair etc.

    But... what are you doing yourself? You buy bitcoin, with only one reason: you want money quickly while doing NOTHING to have earned it.

    Don't say you buy bitcoin because you trust the creator of bitcoin or that you have faith in some ideology thing. If there was zero Euro to gain, you would never have bought that little piece of computer-code. The only reason why you bought Bitcoin is that you hope it's worth will rise even more, so you can sell it, for euro's.

    If you sell it for euro's, then that's contradicting your whole story. Then it's become one big hypocrite bullshit. So: Can you promise us and yourself, that you will NEVER sell your bitcoin for euro's? What if you invested 1.000 euro, and next year, in 2019 you can sell your bitcoin for 10 MILLION euro's. Will you not sell it, Pierre?

    If you sell it, your whole argument fall apart, and the whole rant was bullshit. If you don't sell it, well... nobody will believe you won't sell ;-) Of course you will sell it if you get 10 million euro's for it. But then you are no different to those bank employees: using the system for your own benefit...

    If you are against money, a world without money would be the ideology to look in to, not bitcoin.

  4. #34
    Tievb21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    12-02-2019 @ 20:28 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    607
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    1,476
    Thanked 188x in 122 Posts
    Greece
    @Voci Watching you replied like that, it's clear you've given no time at all to read about the tech behind the cryptos. Price most of the times it's the last thing that matters for developers. Check crypto that with their tech will help people, companies, devices, new things that your brain can not even imagine, like how Internet Of Things will be applied in our lives in the foreseeable future, big companies have even invested in these because their tech will help them apply to real world etc.

    Just because BTC is being used mostly for value and big gain nowadays doesn't mean cryptocurrencies are bullshit. See the biggest picture, spend the time and read some stuff.
    Murtagh - 8AM (Extended Mix)
    Driftmoon - Please Don't Go (Suncatcher Remix)
    Grum - Deep State (Album of the 2019?)

  5. #35
    Hensmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:58 AM
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Posts
    5,670
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,430
    Thanked 2,260x in 1,563 Posts
    United Kingdom
    @Voci - I think you are getting confused. We are buying cryptocurrency because we see an opportunity to make money correct, but we also respect the technology and see bright things for its future - you can hold both thoughts at the same time. You're mixing the two arguments together.

    Seems like your issue is that BTC/Crypto n your mind is worthless (due to its nature) and people are making 'money from nothing' by investing in its success/failure. But as said above; Our current paper money has the same basic principles (if not fundamentally worse) and is as worthless (if not more so) than cryptocurrencies. You qualm lays then simply at the idea/practice of trading and spread betting which every commodity known to man is part of and not unique to cryptocurrencies.

    The 'bankers are cunts' arguement Pierre made still stands - the dollar for example is printed whenever they feel. Markets are collapsed and inflated, starved and manipulated...all for profit and other agendas. Bitcoin has a finite amount, you cannot 'print' more of it and you cannot loose it (remember the 2.3 trillion 'lost' the day before 9/11, lol)

  6. #36
    Voci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 13:17 PM
    Location
    Assen, Netherlands
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Posts
    4,587
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    441
    Thanked 1,583x in 962 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Tievb21 View Post
    Just because BTC is being used mostly for value and big gain nowadays doesn't mean cryptocurrencies are bullshit. See the biggest picture, spend the time and read some stuff.
    Of course I see the bigger picture. I see the potential of a bankless system. I see the benefits of no economic manipulation. I'm all for technology that can help humanity.

    But, this specific Bitcoin-system hasn't started FAIR. So it's not a fair system for me. That's why morally I am against it.

    It would have been fair if "they" (bitcoin) gave all humans on earth 1.000 bitcoin (or whichever amount) and then the system starts. It would be fair if prices of every item available where set to a stock price and never changes. Inflation is a weird phenomenon. It would be fair if you aren't able to sell your bitcoin for euro's. Because that way there would be no gain with starting this system, other then your "moral" benefits. So 100% "moral" benefits. That's fair! I'm all for this system!

    But, it didn't start fair. If now I want to also get in and "start paying without banks, I believe in the new technology! And because banks are so corrupt, we have to think outside the box omg omg!!", then I have to spend 14.000 euro's for 1 bitcoin, while my neighbour bought 100 bitcoins in 2008 for 100 euro. So, even if he doesn't sell his bitcoins for euro's, to become a millionaire (which he will of course), then it's strange that he now has the bitcoin-money to purchase let's say a thousand pizza's for 1 bitcoin (for basically 1 euro), while I must spend 14.000 euro's for a thousand pizza's. Is that fair?

    Don't say things like "he is rewarded for the faith he had in the early days of bitcoin", that doesn't make any sense at all.
    Nobody is in this for only the big picture. Everybody is in it because they hope they will get lots of euro's in the end. Euro's that they didn't work for. (Which is the current system. You work > You get money).

    We should think about the future and our society in a way better way.

    For example: let's think about a world with no money at all. Let's think about a world where we work because it's fun and we contribute to our society, but not for money. Let's think about a world that isn't centered around money, but is centered around happiness. Around mental and physical health.

    -----------------------------------

    As for Bitcoin.... I mean... the whole thing can be summed up with this question:

    Would you rather see Bitcoin succeed while you had no financial gain doing so?
    ............OR................
    Would you rather see it fail, continue with life without it, but just in time sell your BTC for 100.000.000 euro?



    Comon' guys. You are pretending you prefer the first. But every honest person will pick the latter. Including me. That's why I'm agains it

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Online
    11-30-2019 @ 00:52 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    399
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 102x in 82 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Voci View Post
    Of course I see the bigger picture. I see the potential of a bankless system. I see the benefits of no economic manipulation. I'm all for technology that can help humanity.

    But, this specific Bitcoin-system hasn't started FAIR. So it's not a fair system for me. That's why morally I am against it.

    It would have been fair if "they" (bitcoin) gave all humans on earth 1.000 bitcoin (or whichever amount) and then the system starts. It would be fair if prices of every item available where set to a stock price and never changes. Inflation is a weird phenomenon. It would be fair if you aren't able to sell your bitcoin for euro's. Because that way there would be no gain with starting this system, other then your "moral" benefits. So 100% "moral" benefits. That's fair! I'm all for this system!

    But, it didn't start fair. If now I want to also get in and "start paying without banks, I believe in the new technology! And because banks are so corrupt, we have to think outside the box omg omg!!", then I have to spend 14.000 euro's for 1 bitcoin, while my neighbour bought 100 bitcoins in 2008 for 100 euro. So, even if he doesn't sell his bitcoins for euro's, to become a millionaire (which he will of course), then it's strange that he now has the bitcoin-money to purchase let's say a thousand pizza's for 1 bitcoin (for basically 1 euro), while I must spend 14.000 euro's for a thousand pizza's. Is that fair?

    Don't say things like "he is rewarded for the faith he had in the early days of bitcoin", that doesn't make any sense at all.
    Nobody is in this for only the big picture. Everybody is in it because they hope they will get lots of euro's in the end. Euro's that they didn't work for. (Which is the current system. You work > You get money).

    We should think about the future and our society in a way better way.

    For example: let's think about a world with no money at all. Let's think about a world where we work because it's fun and we contribute to our society, but not for money. Let's think about a world that isn't centered around money, but is centered around happiness. Around mental and physical health.

    -----------------------------------

    As for Bitcoin.... I mean... the whole thing can be summed up with this question:

    Would you rather see Bitcoin succeed while you had no financial gain doing so?
    ............OR................
    Would you rather see it fail, continue with life without it, but just in time sell your BTC for 100.000.000 euro?



    Comon' guys. You are pretending you prefer the first. But every honest person will pick the latter. Including me. That's why I'm agains it
    Thanks for the rant bro.

    A world without money of course cannot exist. We need a measure of exchange of goods and service etc.

    What I do not like in your approach to my argument, is that you try to completely separate good from evil (which is impossible). It appears that you have a rather unnuanced view of the world, and it almost makes you compare me to people who have commited the greatest of crimes. In fact, you put me in a position in which I have to defend myself for an idea. Aren't we living in a world where we are accused based on our wrong-doings? I know that you are trying to make me think about myself (how will I handle money?), but in fact, this is entirely off-topic for now.

    The point I'm trying to make, is that decentralized money greatly inhibits the potential for greed and inappropriate wealth. The question whether I am a morally sane person is a totally different one (ask my mum - or the police). The only thing I can tell, is that there is something wrong with our current monetary system and I will advocate any possibility of improving it, as far as I am knowledged.
    Last edited by Pierre92; 01-05-2018 at 00:23 AM.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pierre92 For This Useful Post:

    Voci (01-06-2018)

  9. #38
    Hensmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:58 AM
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Posts
    5,670
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,430
    Thanked 2,260x in 1,563 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Voci View Post
    But, this specific Bitcoin-system hasn't started FAIR. So it's not a fair system for me. That's why morally I am against it.
    And how exactly is the current monetary system any different? If I had acquired £ in 2008 I would have almost double the amount if I had acquired it in 2016. So a new worker in 2016 is making less than when I started working. Also...there is a third answer to your question - "I want bitcoin to succeed because its better for society and I also want to make money off it". Bitcoin can succeed and we can try and get rich...whats the issue here?
    Last edited by Hensmon; 01-05-2018 at 15:57 PM.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hensmon For This Useful Post:

    Pierre92 (01-05-2018)

  11. #39
    Voci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 13:17 PM
    Location
    Assen, Netherlands
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Posts
    4,587
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    441
    Thanked 1,583x in 962 Posts
    Netherlands
    Haha, don’t get me wrong, I actually agree with you both: the current system is strange; we ‘print’ extra? Inflation? Etc.

    The thing is, where people get rich, others get poor. Directly or indirectly. Im too much of a socialist for that

    btw i dont want to attack anyone. Discussing in english probably makes me come across more rude then it should be i love you both!

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Voci For This Useful Post:

    Hensmon (01-12-2018), Pierre92 (01-07-2018)

  13. #40

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Online
    11-30-2019 @ 00:52 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    399
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 102x in 82 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Voci View Post
    Haha, don’t get me wrong, I actually agree with you both: the current system is strange; we ‘print’ extra? Inflation? Etc.

    The thing is, where people get rich, others get poor. Directly or indirectly. Im too much of a socialist for that

    btw i dont want to attack anyone. Discussing in english probably makes me come across more rude then it should be i love you both!

    It's allright men.

    Btw, Bitcoin will probably be overtaken by another crypto IF cryptos will turn big.

  14. #41
    Hensmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:58 AM
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Posts
    5,670
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,430
    Thanked 2,260x in 1,563 Posts
    United Kingdom

  15. #42
    Hensmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:58 AM
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Posts
    5,670
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,430
    Thanked 2,260x in 1,563 Posts
    United Kingdom
    So @Bluemoon and @Tievb21

    This has been a crazy month for the crypto - everyone seeing red in their wallets So have you been holding or did you abandon ship on your positions? I must admit I sold my Ethereum at a high a few weeks ago and just closed my newly positions on BTC at a loss (but still have some in a wallet from years ago at a big profit). I have about 350 XRP but this is crashing HARD... but I believe in it...so HOLD for now....whelp

  16. #43
    Bluemoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    12-04-2019 @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    761
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 317x in 201 Posts
    Norway
    @Hensmon Ive been through similar crashes 2-3 times now so i havent sold a thing. It has gone back up again a bit now as you problably know, but we could still problably call it a crash, anyhow, crash included this has been by far my best month in crypto. Even if it decides to go down a bit again.

  17. #44
    Hensmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:58 AM
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Posts
    5,670
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    2,430
    Thanked 2,260x in 1,563 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon View Post
    @Hensmon Ive been through similar crashes 2-3 times now so i havent sold a thing. It has gone back up again a bit now as you problably know, but we could still problably call it a crash, anyhow, crash included this has been by far my best month in crypto. Even if it decides to go down a bit again
    People have been highlighting the trends in January crashes in previous years, so maybe its just another one of these...BUT government intervention is now playing more of a role it seems. Reports on the China crackdown on miners, the Korea rumours of them distancing themselves from all crypto....there was something else I think, but cant remember. Each week these stories came out, crypto took a battering.

Similar Threads

  1. 5 IDs (Rank 1, Markus Schulz, Quiz, DJ Crypto)
    By Kuba_W in forum ID requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 13:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •