Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John 00 Fleming & Roby M Rage – The Devils Gates Of Heaven

Last Online
    03-11-2020 @ 13:58 PM
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 82x in 54 Posts
    United States

John 00 Fleming & Roby M Rage – The Devils Gates Of Heaven

It's a great follow up to Hemisphere.

PreOrder:
    https://www.beatport.com/track/the-d...l-mix/10251809

Last Online
    03-03-2018 @ 14:29 PM
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Aruba
    Boring as hell

3. The Following User Says Thank You to I_LIKE_PUSSY For This Useful Post:

Hyper Drive (02-19-2018)

Last Online
    Today @ 15:48 PM
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,499x in 1,854 Posts
    Serbia
    I like this. Can't wait to hear the full mix (in HQ, of course).
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

Last Online
    07-08-2018 @ 04:34 AM
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 196x in 137 Posts
    Greenland
    The percussion are nice but again it suffers from boredom. It goes no where. There is no sense to adventure, no excitement, the melody sounds tired and boring.

Last Online
    Today @ 19:16 PM
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,308x in 1,608 Posts
    Sweden
    shutup jeo
    #Sicknessesintheair

Say no to STEROIDS.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 14:44 PM
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 377x in 249 Posts
    United Kingdom
    That sounds brilliant. Really dark driving progressive with some absolutely gorgeous pads.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 19:22 PM
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 67x in 45 Posts
    Antarctica
    Just listened now.

I don't understand how this is "boring." There isn't enough of this sort of deep uplifting prog, most of what's out there is either airy fluff or deep & dark. And it develops throughout the track too rather than relying on a cliched 100-second breakdown.

I think I like it better than "Hemisphere." That one is a good track but it's more of a bridging song, it's less adventuresome than this new one.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AstralNilaya For This Useful Post:

INCEPTION (02-20-2018)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Greenland
    Quote Originally Posted by AstralNilaya View Post
    Just listened now.

I don't understand how this is "boring." There isn't enough of this sort of deep uplifting prog, most of what's out there is either airy fluff or deep & dark. And it develops throughout the track too rather than relying on a cliched 100-second breakdown.

I think I like it better than "Hemisphere." That one is a good track but it's more of a bridging song, it's less adventuresome than this new one.
    When you compare it to Desert Rider or Protected by Karma or Fires of Chameleon, 5000 light years this is pale in comparison. At least those tracks actually go somewhere. Those tracks show his strengths or his tracks with Digital blonde under 00.db.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Greenland
    Like I said in another thread, I love trance, but don't make it boring or annoying. Turn it into an adventure that's what you as an artist are suppose to do. It's suppose to be like telling a story but no one wants to tell a story anymore. I don't care about BPMs, gimmicky effects or what sound they use, but make the ride enjoyable, or euphoric. This is why older Trance still win me over any day because they were actually made to write like a story.

See how good this sounds? This is like an adventure

Last edited by Hyper Drive; 02-19-2018 at 22:00 PM.

Last Online
    Today @ 18:46 PM
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 828x in 495 Posts
    Slovenia
    Really like this. Better than Hemispheres, imo.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 14:44 PM
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 377x in 249 Posts
    United Kingdom
    I also don't understand how this is boring? It goes on a journey - deep & dark techno with atmospheric pads, building up to the main riff. It's not conventional in anyway - there is no breakdown & drop.. but isn't that a good thing considering how much BS is so unbelievably generic these days? This is exactly the kind of music I absolutely love because you can tell the producer has put a hell of a lot of thought into it instead of some quick hypehype wannabe who cuts & pastes samples.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seachy_001 For This Useful Post:

Gagi (02-19-2018), Rok (02-19-2018), Theropithecus (02-19-2018)

Last Online
    10-30-2018 @ 20:38 PM
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 9x in 6 Posts
    Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Seachy_001 View Post
    It's not conventional in anyway - there is no breakdown & drop.. but isn't that a good thing considering how much BS is so unbelievably generic these days?
    I agree and I would love to hear more tracks like this, that don't spend half their time in a breakdown. A lot of trance-tracks have too long breakdowns (and build-ups), imo, so I really like to see stuff like this.

Also, I really like the sound/atmosphere of this. Maybe it's not that different from other progressive tracks, but it's well executed, so that's good enough for me.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Theropithecus For This Useful Post:

INCEPTION (02-20-2018)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Greenland
    Quote Originally Posted by Seachy_001 View Post
    I also don't understand how this is boring? It goes on a journey - deep & dark techno with atmospheric pads, building up to the main riff. It's not conventional in anyway - there is no breakdown & drop.. but isn't that a good thing considering how much BS is so unbelievably generic these days? This is exactly the kind of music I absolutely love because you can tell the producer has put a hell of a lot of thought into it instead of some quick hypehype wannabe who cuts & pastes samples.
    I didn't pick on the technical aspect of it. Like I said I like the percussion but the track doesn't do much for me. Either it's the rip or the fact that the percussion seem to be more on the foreground rather than the chants when it should be the other way around. I then got bored of it when it got to the middle and closed it off. There is nothing memorable about this track. It doesn't tell a story. Like these do.
    but hey, don't take my word for it. Music should be about journey. Perhaps also the people that watch the videos on youtube are also wrong too? Or could it be the reason is that they give you an adventure?

or like this but this one is obviously airwave was involved but still a superb production. It sounds fantastic

or this

Last edited by Hyper Drive; 02-20-2018 at 04:45 AM.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Greenland
    Quote Originally Posted by Theropithecus View Post
    I agree and I would love to hear more tracks like this, that don't spend half their time in a breakdown. A lot of trance-tracks have too long breakdowns (and build-ups), imo, so I really like to see stuff like this.

Also, I really like the sound/atmosphere of this. Maybe it's not that different from other progressive tracks, but it's well executed, so that's good enough for me.
    I love super long tracks - That's how it should be. Super long. Trance is about powerful melodies, pads/synths and percussion. Tracks like Planisphere - O are over 15 minutes long but you want to listen from start to finish. That's how it should be. What is even the point of it if you are going to have radioedits everywhere or cut it short? It's suppose to be a FUN journey and a memorable one. This is why classics have a longer self-life than some of these garbage productions.

I know my comments will either fall on deaf ears, people think I am a 'troll' or an obnoxious person, and I am sure a few of you want me gone because I have offended you or gone against the grain but I am neither of those things. I love this style which is why I am trying to make sure things are fixed up.
    Last edited by Hyper Drive; 02-20-2018 at 05:03 AM.

Last Online
    10-30-2018 @ 20:38 PM
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 9x in 6 Posts
    Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper Drive View Post
    I love super long tracks - That's how it should be. Super long. Trance is about powerful melodies, pads/synths and percussion. Tracks like Planisphere - O are over 15 minutes long but you want to listen from start to finish. That's how it should be. What is even the point of it if you are going to have radioedits everywhere or cut it short? It's suppose to be a FUN journey and a memorable one. This is why classics have a longer self-life than some of these garbage productions.
    I think what's important is that tracks take the time needed to properly develop the musical material they introduce. In shorter tracks that won't happen as much, and in radio edits it will just dissapear completely. The longer the track, the more can happen, so those will be the ones that take you on a journey. I don't know if I'm making sense here...

I would also say that to some extent, whether a piece of music takes you on a journey is down to personal taste. This one does it for me, personally.