Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Thread: Solar Fields - Ourdom (Artist Album) [droneform]

Last Online
    05-22-2020 @ 18:59 PM
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 948x in 582 Posts
    Canada

Solar Fields - Ourdom (Artist Album) [droneform]

From his Facebook:

Hello all!!! I'm extremely happy to announce that my next album will be released 29 March. Here is a preview of the album. Please help me share this info
    SOLAR FIELDS - OURDOM
    It all started at the seaside in South Africa where i recently spent a lot of time visiting my girlfriend and escaping the cold European winter months in 2016/17. The majestic nature and surroundings there had a huge impact on me, and most definitely played a large part in inspiring this album.
    My intention was to continue working on my other upcoming album during my time spent in Africa, but at the same time I was working on a 4 track drone project for a yoga class soundtrack at Soulshine Festival, which kept on growing and evolving and taking on a life of it’s own. As usual, when i commit to something, i put my whole self into it, and became totally inspired by the creation. This project eventually lead to this 13 chapter album, “Ourdom”, which wasn't supposed to happen at all.
    “Ourdom” is a space where creative freedom rules.
    Only months after this trip, and at the same time that I finished mixing this album, "Dolphin’s Playground”, the beautiful wooden house where we lived and where I setup Studio Green Africa, burnt flat to the ground in massive bush fires which swept the entire coastline.
    Now, Solar Fields - “Ourdom", will forever remain as an audio memory of this house, the magical times we shared there, and all the time that i spent in Studio Green Africa creating it.
    The music ranges between various electronic soundscapes and is made with pure creative freedom.
    The whole album is composed as one long track journey instead of individual track compositions, and in order to get the best experience I recommend you listen to it like that.

Worldwide digital release 29 March 2018
    Label: Droneform Records
    http://www.solarfields.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/solarfields

Physical release: CD 29 March - Vinyl 9 April
    Pre-order starts 15 March 2018
    Label: Sidereal
    A5 Digipak CD with Booklet
    Double Vinyl in gatefold cover
    http://sidereal.bigcartel.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/siderealist/

Written and produced by Magnus Birgersson in Studio Green Africa, Plettenberg Bay, South Africa and in Studio Jupiter, Gothenburg, Sweden.
    Mixed by Magnus Birgersson and Robert Elster at Studio Jupiter and Cloud99.
    Mastered By Robert Elster at elster.mastering@gmail.com

Video Credits:
    Video & Music: Magnus Birgersson
    Oil painted video texture by David Vigh

It's his first continuously mixed album since 2011's ambient piece "Until We Meet the Sky", but it has so much more in common with Leaving Home, Movements and even Random Friday. Bottom line: he's back muthafukkas!!
    Last edited by Altair; 03-30-2018 at 18:05 PM.

Facebook / SoundCloud / Bandcamp

Head in the stars, heart in the sound

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

Hyper Drive (03-27-2018), Sleepy Robot (04-12-2018), Spider-Vice (03-31-2018), Tievb21 (03-26-2018)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Canada
    Glad this is finally getting some attention!

Last Online
    06-29-2020 @ 14:41 PM
    Mentioned
    407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,340x in 2,177 Posts
    Denmark
    Oooooh, definitely looking forward to this!

Edit: F*ck yeah, it's out on Spotify!

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 13:41 PM
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,352x in 1,628 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Listened through this at work the other day and very good first impressions. I always find with this sort of music it takes a while to form an opinion and soak in the personality, so hoping to really enjoy this more as I listen.

Mountain King is the stand-out for me at the moment, what a track when it finally gets going (5:30 mark) - very nice Trance track.

Maybe @Progrez or even @Daysleeper you will like.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hensmon For This Useful Post:

Progrez (05-02-2018)

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:43 AM
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353x in 1,636 Posts
    Sweden
    I was slightly dissaponited after one listening. It def had its nice moments here and there but I feel like its not as strong as some of previous relaese, but I digress and agree, it does needs some time and a couple listens.

What I dont connect that much too, and think is s the sort of post-rock crescendos you get on several tracks. In theory its not something that would be bad but it does feel like more of filler parts without much substance.

He also didnt release this on Ultimae. My guess is that it was subpar and didnt fit their sound
    #Sicknessesintheair

Say no to STEROIDS.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 13:41 PM
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,352x in 1,628 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Daysleeper View Post
    He also didnt release this on Ultimae. My guess is that it was subpar and didnt fit their sound
    No way would that label give up a chance to release his name and sound. I think I agree that its not gonna be as good as some older stuff, but still much much better than many of the new psybient releases out there. Must be another reason. Seems to be getting a good reception from the fans...

Last Online
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Daysleeper View Post
    He's been independent of Ultimae for several years now. A few years ago he re-released most of his early albums on his own label droneform, in addition to his RED, GREEN and BLUE compilations. I don't know what the reason for parting was. Maybe creative differences?

Mountain King is the stand-out for me at the moment, what a track when it finally gets going (5:30 mark) - very nice Trance track.
    Definitely one of my ToTY too! The entire half-hour long trilogy of Forgiveness>Mountain King>Wave Cascade is fucking mind blowing

Last Online
    06-29-2020 @ 11:57 AM
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,020x in 662 Posts
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Hensmon View Post
    Listened through this at work the other day and very good first impressions. I always find with this sort of music it takes a while to form an opinion and soak in the personality, so hoping to really enjoy this more as I listen.

[videyoutube;kFlI6C5_Ef8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFlI6C5_Ef8]movie[/URL]

Maybe @Progrez or even @Daysleeper you will like.
    Not bad but there is no memorable theme and feeling in it that I can take away from it It's quite good sounds.