Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allende - Motions [Pure Progressive]

Last Online
    Today @ 04:29 AM
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 586x in 491 Posts
    Philippine

Allende - Motions [Pure Progressive]

25th May 2018 | https://pure.choons.at/motions | PTP053

This is a truly beautiful piece of music from Finland’s @allende, something of an opus in its scope perhaps, as it traverses the bridge between progressive breaks, lounge-chill and trance in one >10 minute journey. Motions is centred around a poignant piano theme which emerges at succinct points in the arrangement, but never labours the point. The mid-track descent into crisp breaks is a real beard-stroking moment, and the final ascent aided by burbling trance arpeggiators finally lets the sun through the curtains. 10 points for ambition and a gold star for execution.
    Last edited by MasterTuxx; 05-25-2018 at 17:23 PM.
    :: My 10 Current Favorite (alphabetical, 18.06.2018) ::

Alex Di Stefano - My Shadow
    Allende - Forgotten (99 Returning Mix)
    The Blizzard - Decade (Original)
    Bryan Kearney & Deirdre McLaughlin - Open My Mind*
    Craig Connelly - Trouble In Paradise
    JOC & Stine Grove - Our Destiny
    The Noble Six - Black Star
    Solarstone - Thank You
    Thomas Datt - Fluid Karma
    Tilt - Miracle (Original)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MasterTuxx For This Useful Post:

Arnoud (05-26-2018), delphionmusic (05-23-2018)

Last Online
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,875x in 1,378 Posts
    Serbia
    Actually gave me shivers (the guitars(?)), even though it's unorthodox. I like the first third of the sample, before the breaks. Especially the breakdown.

It's kinda weird, and it takes some getting used to. Not sure I enjoy the overall style(s), but I bet a nice set of remixes would make this amazing. Feels weird to ask for some more genericness these days.
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

allende (05-26-2018)

Last Online
    06-19-2018 @ 18:36 PM
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 120x in 80 Posts
    Finland
    Hats off for trying something else. Strange track but still enjoyable!
    Miikka Leinonen Feat Kim Kiona - Breath Of The Wild (Alter Ego Pure) COMING OUT SOON!! Including Original and Dub Mixes (remixes by Taival and Atraxia & Aamos on separate release)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to delphionmusic For This Useful Post:

allende (05-26-2018)

Last Online
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 251x in 175 Posts
    Hong Kong
    I'm all for experimentation and it's great seeing something more unorthodox getting signed to the big labels. Obviously we need a longer sample to judge things more fully, but it feels at some parts it could benefit from being more focussed. The guitar melody is lovely nonetheless.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PeenutsDx For This Useful Post:

allende (05-26-2018)

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 15:50 PM
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 553x in 424 Posts
    Netherlands
    It's a bit dull imo, but certainly not bad. Liking his bandcamprelease way more, but that is I think his last old school production because almost nobody want to sign that beautiful music.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Marco1979 For This Useful Post:

allende (05-26-2018)

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 17:30 PM
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,950x in 1,348 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Great to see Pure releasing music like this.

Love the quote in the release description 'The mid-track descent into crisp breaks is a real beard-stroking moment,'
    Last edited by Hensmon; 05-23-2018 at 18:53 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hensmon For This Useful Post:

allende (05-26-2018)

Last Online
    05-28-2018 @ 10:18 AM
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 63x in 19 Posts
    Finland
    This track is a three part piece (plus intro and outro parts) and this clip is from the first (balearic) part. The second more breaksy kinda part can be heard starting in the end of the clip. The 3rd part is the most driving and most trance of them. The original version was over 14 minutes, but we cut it to about 10 minutes as it started to drag a little.

The mixing could be a bit better, but I was dealing with so many individual tracks and sounds that it was pretty hard to stay focused. The main melody might also become a bit tedious after a while, but other than that this track is my first attempt (plenty of more to come) to bring some actual progressiveness into progressive trance.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to allende For This Useful Post:

Bensonw3x (05-23-2018), Hensmon (05-24-2018), Sleepy Robot (05-24-2018), Tievb21 (06-07-2018)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 63x in 19 Posts
    Finland
    Solarstone played the track, well one part of it, on pure trance radio yesterday. This time more from the end, so if you piece these two clips together you get an idea of the track..

It's the very first track of the show:

Last Online
    Today @ 01:15 AM
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,919x in 1,351 Posts
    Sweden
    Must say this is fantastic. Sweet mood to the track. Feels very warm and home friendly.
    #nonegativity

Say no to STEROIDS.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daysleeper For This Useful Post:

allende (05-26-2018), Hensmon (05-24-2018)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Hong Kong
    After listening to the full mix, I have particular praise for the instrumentation and the multiple melodic lines running throughout the track. Especially the second half of the guitar melody, very bittersweet. Cliche it may sound, but this actually feels like a journey, and as you said, progressive trance that is actually ‘progressive’. Interested to see how this can fit into DJ sets, I’ll be going to a Pure Trance event with Orkidea and Solarstone playing (in Dolby Atmos as well), will let you know if this gets played!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeenutsDx For This Useful Post:

allende (05-26-2018), Daysleeper (05-26-2018)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 63x in 19 Posts
    Finland
    Out now:
    https://open.spotify.com/album/4YflSZ0Qb8OjrbHMHunDuX
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/mo...-ep/1383710674
    https://www.junodownload.com/product...ns/3775275-02/
    https://www.beatport.com/release/mot...ed-mix/2289661
    https://www.trackitdown.net/track/al.../13155753.html

Quote Originally Posted by PeenutsDx View Post
    After listening to the full mix, I have particular praise for the instrumentation and the multiple melodic lines running throughout the track. Especially the second half of the guitar melody, very bittersweet. Cliche it may sound, but this actually feels like a journey, and as you said, progressive trance that is actually ‘progressive’. Interested to see how this can fit into DJ sets, I’ll be going to a Pure Trance event with Orkidea and Solarstone playing (in Dolby Atmos as well), will let you know if this gets played!
    Thanks!

Yeah it's sometimes a bit challenging to make sure your tracks could also work on dj sets. The way I create stuff these days is to do something I'd listen at home and then the dj friendly part is an afterthought I just have to squeeze in. It's actually a bit counter-artistic, for instance I love tracks that have an atmospheric / ambient style intro, but then I also have to have a beat-matching/mixing intro after that (with not much melodies) which kinda resets the mood again. Also time signature and key changes are a big no no if you want dj plays

I haven't delivered the Dolby stems to Solarstone (yet), so he won't play it on that event. Other than that he seems to be able to play pretty much anything, he likes to do a lot of edits and live looping, so he can make tracks fit if he really wants to. But I don't think many other modern djs are going to go through that trouble, so I don't expect much support for this track

The arrangement has gotten a lot of mixed feedback from non-djs too, that it sounds chaotic and weird and is too long. Which I kinda expected, as the more prog you go the more pretentious it will sound to some. The original 14 minute version had a bit less abrupt transitions, but that would have been even less dj friendly. I'll probably upload versions of each section (Motions I, Motions II.. ) separately too, just for the heck of it...

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to allende For This Useful Post:

Daysleeper (05-26-2018), Hensmon (05-26-2018), PeenutsDx (05-26-2018), Sleepy Robot (05-26-2018)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Hong Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by allende View Post
    Out now:
    https://open.spotify.com/album/4YflSZ0Qb8OjrbHMHunDuX
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/mo...-ep/1383710674
    https://www.junodownload.com/product...ns/3775275-02/
    https://www.beatport.com/release/mot...ed-mix/2289661
    https://www.trackitdown.net/track/al.../13155753.html

Thanks!

Yeah it's sometimes a bit challenging to make sure your tracks could also work on dj sets. The way I create stuff these days is to do something I'd listen at home and then the dj friendly part is an afterthought I just have to squeeze in. It's actually a bit counter-artistic, for instance I love tracks that have an atmospheric / ambient style intro, but then I also have to have a beat-matching/mixing intro after that (with not much melodies) which kinda resets the mood again. Also time signature and key changes are a big no no if you want dj plays

I haven't delivered the Dolby stems to Solarstone (yet), so he won't play it on that event. Other than that he seems to be able to play pretty much anything, he likes to do a lot of edits and live looping, so he can make tracks fit if he really wants to. But I don't think many other modern djs are going to go through that trouble, so I don't expect much support for this track

The arrangement has gotten a lot of mixed feedback from non-djs too, that it sounds chaotic and weird and is too long. Which I kinda expected, as the more prog you go the more pretentious it will sound to some. The original 14 minute version had a bit less abrupt transitions, but that would have been even less dj friendly. I'll probably upload versions of each section (Motions I, Motions II.. ) separately too, just for the heck of it...
    So.. I was lucky enough to chat with Solarstone himself for a good while after the event, about doing his Pure sound and the scene in general. In particular i mentioned the long progressive tracks that you were doing and how a small group of us is really keen about the progressive mature sounding stuff. He says progressive is still his favourite style but surprise surprise, it's also the style that sells the least on Beatport. So I guess all I can say is keep putting those tracks in, and know that Rich himself is a down to earth guy that supports genuine good music. I might not like every track that he's putting out, but we can't deny he is probably doing the most for promoting good trance in the scene.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PeenutsDx For This Useful Post:

allende (05-28-2018), Bensonw3x (05-26-2018), Gagi (05-27-2018), Tievb21 (06-07-2018)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 63x in 19 Posts
    Finland
    I don't know how many will care, but here are all the full length individual sections, compiled in a youtube playlist (close to 15 minutes in play time)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4-D...KOa7RwbX9ZuVID

25. The Following User Says Thank You to allende For This Useful Post:

Bensonw3x (05-28-2018)

Last Online
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,875x in 1,378 Posts
    Serbia
    Let's go through them by different parts.

I is pretty awesome. Simple enough, no experiments.

II is even better. Love that guitar. I do have some issue with the guitar melody, one part (three notes) don't really fit in my opinion. But a great job on this one. It just feels nice and warm.

III starts off well, I like the breakbeat. It's not too in-your-face or loud, just as it should be.

IV is a bit harder, with that rolling bassline. It's pretty good.

Overall, as a playlist, the track progresses nicely. The transitions are natural and nice! Even when squeezed together. You don't really notice the 4 different styles. The more I listen to it, the more I appreciate it. Look at my comment above to see what I meant of it. I've changed this one every time I listened to the track, and each time I had something nicer to say about it. And I've listened to it for at least 5 times!

Part-by-part, each and every one is amazing. As a whole, it feels more like a short DJ mix of a few different mixes of the same track than as a whole track but I still like it. You took progression to the next level. It's really encouraging to have this sort of experimental stuff released.
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

Bensonw3x (05-29-2018)

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 19:39 PM
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,088x in 2,005 Posts
    Denmark
    If I was a DJ I would love to play all four parts in succession - I think they all deliver something new and exciting while still keeping the original feeling. I kind of miss tracks like these where different genres are played with.

Well done!