Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feral - Climbing Himalaya[Hypnus Records]

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:50 AM
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 247x in 184 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by skyriderz View Post
    I don't think you have understood what I said !! Whatever let it be !! I haven't listened to the album you are talking about. May be after a listen if I found out to be other than trance, I will definitely move it !! There is nothing about checking the stores . Here in this track after a listen I found it to be techno and moved it, not by checking the stores first . I have just used the links as an example here, nothing more than that, they have labelled it correctly, to my ears it's definitely a techno, and the artist himself confirmed it !!
    I understood you just fine. And it is good to know that you decide whether it is trance or not and will use 'Beatport' or some other store if you are not sure if it could be labelled as 'trance'. I acknowledge that this has to be done by some one (moderator) in order to keep the forum clean.

Let it be mate, intelligent people would have understand, acknowledge or atleast have ended the argument when I said about confirming from the artist himself.
    A snarky remark to establish the fact to everyone else that you are intelligent, and everyone else who questions something and will not back down after your reply, is dumb. Nicely done, haha, but I have to disagree. Your last argument is not definitive in my book. If I (the artist) would build a chair and would call it a table, it would still be a chair. Just to be clear, I have two left hands

Anyways, this was fun, I am off to the classic section, take care

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Arnoud For This Useful Post:

Hyper Drive (06-10-2018)

Last Online
    Today @ 05:18 AM
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 994x in 831 Posts
    India
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnoud View Post
    A snarky remark to establish the fact to everyone else that you are intelligent, and everyone else who questions something and will not back down after your reply, is dumb. Nicely done, haha, but I have to disagree. Your last argument is not definitive in my book. If I (the artist) would build a chair and would call it a table, it would still be a chair. Just to be clear, I have two left hands

Anyways, this was fun, I am off to the classic section, take care
    Mate, what would I have done more than by asking an artist himself to come to the conclusion !! Take care
    Will Atkinson - Autobahn
    Solis & Sean Truby - Shoreline
    Ucast - Icy

Space Raven & S5 - Chrome Hearts
    Metta & Glyde - Instant Gratification
    Alan Morris - Slave To The Machine

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 23:28 PM
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,409x in 1,782 Posts
    Serbia
    A snarky remark to establish the fact to everyone else that you are intelligent, and everyone else who questions something and will not back down after your reply, is dumb. Nicely done, haha, but I have to disagree.
    An intelligent person tries to challenge his views on everything, doesn't think he's always right and understands that he doesn't know more than he does. It's imperative to an intelligent person to find out as much information about something before making a statement or a decision. Open-mindedness is an another sign of intelligence.

And that's not just me spewing bullshit out. I believe there's sufficient scientific proof of what I just wrote.
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

Last Online
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    An intelligent person tries to challenge his views on everything, doesn't think he's always right and understands that he doesn't know more than he does. It's imperative to an intelligent person to find out as much information about something before making a statement or a decision. Open-mindedness is an another sign of intelligence.

And that's not just me spewing bullshit out. I believe there's sufficient scientific proof of what I just wrote.
    Ugh thanks for the lesson Doc. What are you implying here? (Perhaps I am interpreting your post wrong?) That I should somehow revise my views just because someone else brought different arguments to the table. I am perfectly capable of weighing arguments against each other. In this particular case I am not convinced by the other parties arguments. So be it. No harm done, we all go our merry way.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Ugh thanks for the lesson Doc. What are you implying here? (Perhaps I am interpreting your post wrong?) That I should somehow revise my views just because someone else brought different arguments to the table. I am perfectly capable of weighing arguments against each other. In this particular case I am not convinced by the other parties arguments. So be it. No harm done, we all go our merry way.
    Don't get all passive aggressive now. No hard feelings, from my side at least. I still like and appreciate you both for bringing amazing tracks (these included) to my attention.

Fair enough if you aren't convinced about 'our' arguments. But we also aren't about yours. I still haven't heard your side of the argument, except for: "But this other thing is declared trance, and this isn't". That's not a valid argument, nor does it make it any closer to us declaring it trance - it makes us closer to declaring that other thing not trance as well. We haven't heard arguments as such - only strongly-held opinions.

I understand that it's techno trance, but it's mainly techno in every way except for a pad or a simple riff. Blah Blah, the example you/we frequently used, has drums and bassline used so frequently in psy-trance. But I still don't think that's trance either.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Netherlands
    No hard feelings, from my side at least. I still like and appreciate you both for bringing amazing tracks (these included) to my attention.
    I have no hard feelings mate

it makes us closer to declaring that other thing not trance as well
    Perhaps this was my goal I do think it is questionable that the Chicane - The Place You Can't Remember, The place You Can't Forget (Album) is still in the (upcoming) Trance releases section... is it because it is Chicane??? I think equal treatment should be in order.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Perhaps this was my goal I do think it is questionable that the Chicane - The Place You Can't Remember, The place You Can't Forget (Album) is still in the (upcoming) Trance releases section... is it because it is Chicane??? I think equal treatment should be in order.
    Well it's different, Chicane was always associated with trance, and Feral with (dub) techno. I haven't listened to the album (will do so for sure), but if it indeed isn't trance (and judging by BPM alone, there's a real possibility it isn't trance), then it should be moved. We already said we don't have anything against that.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    India

Its just a week or two I have been a mod here, and when I get time , I listen to the upcoming releases. Moved that album after giving it a listen. That's definitely more house,ambient,downtempo. I didn't want to sound harsh as I have been never to anybody here before, just take it casually and no hard feelings from my side too. You guys are active and like the posts you guys share on classic section . Just keep up the good work! -)
    Will Atkinson - Autobahn
    Ucast - Icy

Last Online
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Netherlands
    Its just a week or two I have been a mod here, and when I get time , I listen to the upcoming releases. Moved that album after giving it a listen. That's definitely more house,ambient,downtempo. I didn't want to sound harsh as I have been never to anybody here before, just take it casually and no hard feelings from my side too. You guys are active and like the posts you guys share on classic section . Just keep up the good work! -)
    No hard feelings on my end

Last Online
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Its just a week or two I have been a mod here
    Admit it - whose balls you had to tickle for the promotion? Was it @PegaSus or @Katadunkass?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

Arnoud (06-11-2018), Fredjan (06-17-2018), PegaSus (06-11-2018)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    India
    Admit it - whose balls you had to tickle for the promotion? Was it @PegaSus or @Katadunkass?
    Hahaha I don't wanna do that mate , I am pretty much happy to be promoted . Thanks to@PegaSus again
    Will Atkinson - Autobahn
    Ucast - Icy

Last Online
    07-08-2018 @ 05:34 AM
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 196x in 137 Posts
    Greenland
    Hahaha I don't wanna do that mate , I am pretty much happy to be promoted . Thanks to@PegaSus again
    I giiggle at some of your responses here. Unfortunately the rules prevent me from telling me how I really feel but whatever. Just note that you can't kill trance no matter how hard you try. It's also sad to see that the very same mods that replied to the hedsuma thread, didn't reply to this thread.I wonder why...?
    Last edited by Hyper Drive; 06-11-2018 at 23:40 PM.

Last Online
    07-08-2018 @ 05:34 AM
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 196x in 137 Posts
    Greenland
    Hopefully this thread has had an impact to the scene to tell people that Techno Trance is still alive i.e. the sounds of Oliver lieb who to me is the greatest techno Trance artists of all time.

Last edited by Hyper Drive; 06-11-2018 at 23:45 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hyper Drive For This Useful Post:

Fredjan (06-17-2018)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Yeah @skyriderz you're killing trance by saying a techno track is a techno track!!! Shame on you... You are solely responsible for the decline and death of trance.

I swear to god, this place has become insane.

(By the way, according to forum's rules the title shouldn't have anything other than an artist name, release/track name, and a label name, and a possible OUT prefix. As you're a mod, you should probably change the title accordingly. Be careful though, else you might kill trance again.)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    India
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper Drive View Post
    I giiggle at some of your responses here. Unfortunately the rules prevent me from telling me how I really feel but whatever. Just note that you can't kill trance no matter how hard you try. It's also sad to see that the very same mods that replied to the hedsuma thread, didn't reply to this thread.I wonder why...?
    Yup and it's absolutely hilarious to read the logics you put behind
    Will Atkinson - Autobahn
    Ucast - Icy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast