Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Noble Six - Black Lotus [A State Of Trance]

Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 23:48 PM
    Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,221x in 1,546 Posts
    Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdelayna View Post
    what the hell has that got to with anything haha. I love these guys on forums who start making things personal,an act of desperation. And that was in A minor.

Great counter arguments. Its you who are behaving like a child here.

Go on and ignore you were the one starting being "personal", ignore the text he wrote and only quote the last part where he gave back some your own medicine and blame him for being personal. What a joke.
    Last edited by Daysleeper; 08-21-2018 at 18:01 PM.
    #Sicknessesintheair

Say no to STEROIDS.

Last Online
    Today @ 22:15 PM
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,098x in 760 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Daysleeper View Post

Great counter arguments. Its you who are behaving like a child here.

Go on and ignore you were the one starting being "personal", ignore the text he wrote and only quote the last part where he gave back some your own medicine and blame him for being personal. What a joke.
    im just concerned for him,he listens to everything in chord structures,and it rules his views of music.

Last Online
    Today @ 17:00 PM
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 162x in 113 Posts
    Finland
    Feels like he just copied some chords from angelfalls but that doesnt make sense.

The production is boring. Structure is predictible. Its too rushed for some reason. No bassline groove or intersting percs . Just straight to the point without any detours for exploring something new.

The only thing that makes it oldschool is some choices of sounds
    Believe it or not, i agree this with you 100% Its boring, and rushed, badly produced. It doesnt have that bass groove there should be.

Also main melody is too repetitive. Piano sound is from nexus i think. I know what he was trying to make here, but i just dont like it.
    Miikka Leinonen Feat Kim Kiona - Breath Of The Wild (Alter Ego Pure) COMING OUT SOON!! Including Original and Dub Mixes (remixes by Taival and Atraxia & Aamos on separate release)

Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 23:48 PM
    Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,221x in 1,546 Posts
    Sweden
    im just concerned for him,he listens to everything in chord structures,and it rules his views of music.
    Yeah, only your view is the correct and just ignore others views.

If it was one thing i wished for on this forum is that people could atleast try to understand what others are trying to say. Because most of what each person writes or are trying to get across has a certain amount of truth or atleast an observation in it. Thats what I believe atleast.
    #Sicknessesintheair

Say no to STEROIDS.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    United Kingdom
    Yeah, only your view is the correct and just ignore others views.

If it was one thing i wished for on this forum is that people could atleast try to understand what others are trying to say. Because most of what each person writes or are trying to get across has a certain amount of truth or atleast an observation in it. Thats what I believe atleast.
    Yes,they are my views and theyre only correct to myself,people dont have to agree with them....this is what forums are for,conflicting views and i love it haha. Obviously this track has split opinions on here..

Last Online
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by delphionmusic View Post
    Believe it or not, i agree this with you 100% Its boring, and rushed, badly produced. It doesnt have that bass groove there should be.

Also main melody is too repetitive. Piano sound is from nexus i think. I know what he was trying to make here, but i just dont like it.
    would a badly produced track and piano from nexus really bother you if you actually liked the track? (Not this one)

To me,a track doesnt have to be really well produced for me to enjoy it.

Last Online
    Today @ 23:09 PM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 59x in 32 Posts
    Iran

Can't stop listening...
    Last edited by Bensonw3x; 08-21-2018 at 18:42 PM.

Last Online
    Today @ 20:04 PM
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 587x in 295 Posts
    Netherlands
    Listened it, but i still have to encounter the first tune that i like from him. Personal taste.

Last Online
    Today @ 23:49 PM
    Mentioned
    538 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,225x in 2,552 Posts
    Netherlands
    Thought Robert Miles passed away... this is corny af to be honest. I do like some Noble Six tracks, but this is definitely not up there.
    My CD Collection:

1000 items and rising

http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=PegaSus2k6

Last Online
    Today @ 18:25 PM
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 414x in 270 Posts
    Hong Kong
    Very much agreed. At some point, we should 'agree to disagree' and leave it at that. Cut out all the snide remarks. Judge the music but not the person making those judgements. Music is subjective after all, who is someone else to judge my own taste in music?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PeenutsDx For This Useful Post:

Gagi (08-21-2018)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by PegaSus View Post
    Thought Robert Miles passed away... this is corny af to be honest. I do like some Noble Six tracks, but this is definitely not up there.

Well his homage worked then,cos 1998/99 trance tracks with simple 8 bar melodies WERE quite cheesy....i know exactly what he was trying to do with this track. Its very clever,and people trying to pick apart little bits here and there is very funny. I just know when he finished this he wouldve this well get some people talking...and voila. Dont take the track so seriously...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Magdelayna For This Useful Post:

PegaSus (08-21-2018)

Last Online
    Today @ 17:00 PM
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 162x in 113 Posts
    Finland
    would a badly produced track and piano from nexus really bother you if you actually liked the track? (Not this one)

To me,a track doesnt have to be really well produced for me to enjoy it.
    Well, I hope you understand what i meant by "bad production", this old school. It was "badly produced" on purpose. Noble Six knows his technical stuff, its clear he wanted to make this track sound like "old school trance track" or what ever saying we like to use... but for me it miss the mark.
    Miikka Leinonen Feat Kim Kiona - Breath Of The Wild (Alter Ego Pure) COMING OUT SOON!! Including Original and Dub Mixes (remixes by Taival and Atraxia & Aamos on separate release)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by delphionmusic View Post
    Well, I hope you understand what i meant by "bad production", this old school. It was "badly produced" on purpose. Noble Six knows his technical stuff, its clear he wanted to make this track sound like "old school trance track" or what ever saying we like to use... but for me it miss the mark.
    Im glad you noted that...i know it was badly produced on purpose. But this is backing up my opinions in this thread and people picking apart a novelty track.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by PeenutsDx View Post
    Very much agreed. At some point, we should 'agree to disagree' and leave it at that. Cut out all the snide remarks. Judge the music but not the person making those judgements. Music is subjective after all, who is someone else to judge my own taste in music?
    theres the definition of ironic right there,you quoting Daysleeper on this matter haha.

Last Online
    Today @ 14:42 PM
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,370x in 1,752 Posts
    Serbia
    I think it was Marcus Aurelius who said that over-analysis kills art. He thought if you analyzed it too much and reduced it to the sum of its parts, you will have found out it's really obsolete.

I beg to differ, at least a bit. If you over-analyze it, it only loses its subjective meaning, and definitely kills the feeling it is meant to provoke.

If I chose to reduce this track to chords or drums or pianos or basslines - and I could if I wanted to - I would only like it less than I do now. Because, let's be honest, it's not a masterpiece, BUT it's a pretty nice track and I quite like it. You could almost always find a thing or two you don't like about a certain track.

For people who don't like it, dissection is the logical thing to do, and that's certainly OK. However, the track is the way it is because it was (probably) intended that way, and it would be a bit unreasonable to expect the melody to have a different/more 'original' chord progression or whatever.

About theory - knowing it isn't a prerequisite for making music, but it definitely helps and I wish I had the time and motivation to study it as well. Think about it what you want, but 'bigger' and better producers definitely know it and I don't doubt for a second they regret knowing it. Knowing theory helps also when dissecting music. I understand recognizing the chords is a sort of a professional deformation.

All that said, the truth is, as always, somewhere in the middle. Let people (dis)like the track for whatever reason. Someone dislikes a certain chord progression? So what. You can't convince a man to change his taste. Nor should you. Point put forward a fairly positive post, with some constructive criticism and explanation as to why he doesn't fully love this track.

And I agree about this forum mainly being about convincing people of your side of the argument, rather than seeking the truth and some middle ground. But we've all been guilty of it.
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]