Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Thread: Do you see the occidental world in favor of a male chauvinism?

Last Online
    09-29-2019 @ 17:36 PM
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5x in 4 Posts
    Italy

Do you see the occidental world in favor of a male chauvinism?

Finally, in a daily life, it's possible to see same equal work as both man and woman such as driving a bus or working as a military. There are many sports channels where women become journalists. But yet there are some women behaviors that look likes so perfect in order to like men such as the character of "ombrellina". In "Formula 1", the faster car championship, or in " Moto Gp", the faster motorbike championship, this character is only a woman that shows her body and has an umbrella in order to protect from the sun or the rain who must compete in that championship. Another strange female character is in the bike championship. Women have an important role to kiss the winner or, in another Tv program, they become showgirls. They must dance and show their body. In an important project about women bodies, Lorella Zanardo explains how women became slaves in order to give their bodies and their intelligence for the Tv. Do you believe in the possibility to see, in the future, more equal than before in every discrimination?

Last Online
    Today @ 02:44 AM
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,394x in 1,770 Posts
    Serbia
    Nobody forces you to become a show girl or a go-go dancer. It's a conscious decision you make. Women who have had great careers now try to use them as examples of what 'toxic masculinity' has brought the female sex to. While in truth, the go-go girl is probably happy with her choice (or at least doesn't think she's become that because of the 'chauvinism', but rather her poor life choices). Plus, come on, not every girl or a woman is a show girl.

The truth is, the sexes aren't equal nor should they try to be. We have differences, and throughout history the man and woman cooperated. From the earliest days, men were to hunt down big animals, and in return (and because women wanted to eat too, but couldn't hunt), they were to take care of the children. Men were stronger and they offered protection, while women offered taking care of the household. Everybody was happy about that. Today, men do the most dangerous jobs, while women mostly do jobs that require working with people. And there's nothing wrong with that. Giving everyone equal outcome will only mean that women will work in mines and men as, say, secretaries - I believe that the best should take the job, regardless of the sex. Jobs require people with most expertise. If that means a woman can drive a Formula 1 car as good as the pros, I say allow it. But, just like men, she has to earn it. (google Sabine Schmitz)

That's equal opportunity and there's nothing wrong with that.

To me, she sounds like one of those populist feminists, who throw around extreme ideas and big words in order to catch as much attention as possible. It's a good tactic because any woman dissatisfied with her life (and devoid of rational thinking) will automatically agree with her. This, in turn, will give her an excuse as to why her life isn't exactly the way she wants it to be, and as long as that excuse is there, she will do nothing meaningful in order to achieve her goals.

The way you fight male chauvinism is becoming the best woman you can be. Not by demanding you be given everything because you are a woman and your sex has been a slave for its entire history.

Bottom line: Does male chauvinism exist? Absolutely. Is this it? Absolutely NOT.
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

jetflag (01-20-2019)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5x in 4 Posts
    Italy
    Thanks for your answer It's a good answer and there are many arguments very nice But in my opinion is false that women are weaker than men. The society can underline the way where women and men must go on! It's true that the feminism is a wrong way in order to valorize like a Human Been. I wish I saw a natural equal in both sexes. It's a person that can be limited but don't a particular sex!

Last Online
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
    Thanks for your answer It's a good answer and there are many arguments very nice But in my opinion is false that women are weaker than men. The society can underline the way where women and men must go on! It's true that the feminism is a wrong way in order to valorize like a Human Been. I wish I saw a natural equal in both sexes. It's a person that can be limited but don't a particular sex!
    Physically? There are pretty strong women, but overall, on average, I'd say men are stronger. Psychologically or even emotionally? Well, how do you measure that? I believe it's not as simple as the ability to produce force against an external resistance. With psychological strength (if that even exists), a lot more factors come into play, and there could be different types of it. See my point? That's very difficult to measure. The point is, we are who we are. And instead of fighting over whether we're equal in every sense of the word or not, we should play to our strengths and work on our weaknesses. Together.

A big part of what feminism is achieving is separating us. Which is pretty ironic, because, especially in its extreme form, it tries to fight for equity. It points to our differences. But differences don't mean different rights and opportunities. We aren't the same, but we should have the same rights and opportunities.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

jetflag (01-20-2019)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5x in 4 Posts
    Italy
    It's good I share this message

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alessandro For This Useful Post:

Gagi (08-28-2018)

Last Online
    11-16-2019 @ 21:40 PM
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 102x in 77 Posts
    Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
    I wish I saw a natural equal in both sexes. It's a person that can be limited but don't a particular sex!
    if you don't mind me asking.

why?

why is equality specifically such a virtuous thing in your estimation?

I personally don't like equality at all and am much more in favor of fairness and individuality/diversity. I horror at the idea of a unified borg-collective'esq society where everbody is the same. One thing that makes life and sexes for that matter interesting is the fact that each person is unique and each sex, colloquially speaking, has its own distinct interresting caracteristics.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jetflag For This Useful Post:

Gagi (01-20-2019)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by jetflag View Post
    if you don't mind me asking.

why?

why is equality specifically such a virtuous thing in your estimation?

I personally don't like equality at all and am much more in favor of fairness and individuality/diversity. I horror at the idea of a unified borg-collective'esq society where everbody is the same. One thing that makes life and sexes for that matter interesting is the fact that each person is unique and each sex, colloquially speaking, has its own distinct interresting caracteristics.
    Yes!

Agree with everything you said. We're all different individually at first, but then there are biological differences between sexes etc.

That said, everyone should have the same opportunities. If a girl wants to chase a career in construction, why not? But she shouldn't be given a job just because she's female - it should be because she's the biggest expert in construction out of all applicants and is the best fit for the job overall. That goes the same whether you're white or black or brown or whatever; whether you're a Christian, a Muslim, a Jew or agnostic; a man or a woman.

Apart from those 'practical' sides of equality of opportunity (and not of outcome), yes it is interesting when/that we are so different. By race, by ethnicity, sex, and in the end individually... Otherwise life would be really boring and harder than it is.

Does that mean that some people don't look down on people of other color/religion/sex/whatever? No. But the right way to eradicate that isn't equality of outcome, which only points to our differences and pisses the 'other side' off. I mean, that's how we're seeing lots of right-wing presidents being elected nowadays. What's the right way? Well, for starters, it's making yourself better and more responsible individually, not just demanding what you think you should be given.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

jetflag (01-21-2019)

Last Online
    11-16-2019 @ 21:40 PM
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 102x in 77 Posts
    Netherlands
    I would quote that and make an addition and/or proper reply.. but then i realized I completely agreed with that statement and had nothing meaningful to add.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jetflag For This Useful Post:

Gagi (01-21-2019)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by jetflag View Post
    I would quote that and make an addition and/or proper reply.. but then i realized I completely agreed with that statement and had nothing meaningful to add.
    What can I say, I'm a voice of reason.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks