Hello guest! It looks like you're not a member yet. Register for free and get full access!

Tags for this Thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morning Routine

Last Online
    Today @ 00:18 AM
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,478x in 1,838 Posts
    Serbia

Morning Routine

I'm drinking coffee at the moment, while listening to Sandstone by Rex Mundi and not doing much else, and I'm wondering how you guys spend your mornings. You know, after you get up and before you go to work. If you don't work (like me), use something else (such as going to the gym), or just the time when you 'start your day'.

So, how do you spend them?
    And how do you think they impact your day overall (in terms of productivity, concentration etc)?

As I'm still a student but not employed (I also have no classes to attend, just exams), I have the entire day to myself.

I generally always try to get up at 8 in the morning, and as soon as I get up I brush my teeth, wash my face and make a cup of coffee.
    Then I'm off to the PC, just browsing mindlessly, sipping coffee until it's time to take a shit (which is usually at around 10).
    I either make a quick breakfast after that, or before if it takes more than 5 minutes to prepare, and at 10:45 I leave my apartment if I'm going to the gym that day (I go 3 times a week). If I don't, I'm a bit more relaxed with the 'schedule'.
    If I have some commitments before 11, I just speed it up, maybe wake up an hour earlier and take a shower as well.

As for how it impacts my day, it's horrible, really, but it's a habit that's hard to shake off. If I wash dishes or do something 'productive' otherwise, I feel much better and more productive overall. I also find that my mornings last quite long, especially on my no-gym days.

Best mornings are the ones you don't have at all, IMO. It's all good to take it easy and slow, but that's what the Sunday is for.

The reason I'm asking is because I want to improve mine, being more time-efficient while still doing most of the things I was doing before. I also want to start the day off right, and not feel lazy afterwards.
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past [THREAD | BEATPORT]
    Gagi & MaickelJ - Prisoner Of Past (Remixes) [THREAD | BEATPORT]

Gagi - Classic Tech Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]
    Gagi - Short House & Trance Mix [MIXCLOUD]

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 23:31 PM
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,613x in 982 Posts
    Netherlands
    I'm not a morning person at all.

My clock awakens me at 7.31. But usually I don't get out before 7.45. Then wash my face, do my hair etc. So usually I'm downstairs at 8:00.

The stattime for my job should be 8:30. And it's half an hour cycling for me. So yeah. Supposed to leave around 8:00. A lot of times I arrive a little later at work.

Breakfast, and making lunch isn't always included in my hasty morning routine. I try to quickly make some sandwiches for lunch/breakfast (to eat at the office). This all depends on how lazy I was getting out of bed. The sooner, the more time for making breakfast and lunch

When arriving around 8:30, I'll be "dead zombie" for quite a while. Sometimes I start off quickly and get talkative fast. But it can take a while sometimes. Then I'm a silent zombie till around 10:00, and slowly awaken into a more talkative spontaneous person.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Voci For This Useful Post:

Gagi (01-10-2020)

Last Online
    02-18-2020 @ 21:58 PM
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,293x in 1,588 Posts
    United Kingdom
    My morning is quite boss at the moment. I am still travelling (nearly 1 year now) so I dont have work or any commitments, but I am being pretty proactive in the last 3 months

7.30 Wake, make tea, whatsapp, gmail, insta....
    8:00 - Gym for 1,5 hours (everyday)
    9:30 - Breakfast
    10:00 - Meditate
    10:20 - Watch 25 min anime
    11:00 - Shower

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hensmon For This Useful Post:

Gagi (01-10-2020)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Damn @Voci, I always envied those guys who just get out of bed and are on the move soon after. I need at least two hours - if I've had my coffee, my bowels will definitely move. Try squatting 100+ kg after coffee and an accident is bound to happen at some point if I don't make mud beforehand. Can't just leave the house without it.

@Hensmon yours is boss - you have a few minutes more than I do in mine (15), but you achieve so much more, and that's especially impressive when you include the gym. Although training on an empty stomach is not possible in my case, I could definitely learn from your routine.

Last Online
    02-18-2020 @ 21:58 PM
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,293x in 1,588 Posts
    United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    Although training on an empty stomach is not possible in my case, I could definitely learn from your routine.
    How come? I find I lift just fine. I think I have a little more power when I go after eating for sure, but in 3 months of training I have got to my lowest body fat ever and this is thanks to the intermittent fasting + workout. I'm not as strong as I am before I went travelling but I look just as good if not better because of this training on an empty stomach.

Last Online
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by Hensmon View Post
    How come? I find I lift just fine. I think I have a little more power when I go after eating for sure, but in 3 months of training I have got to my lowest body fat ever and this is thanks to the intermittent fasting + workout. I'm not as strong as I am before I went travelling but I look just as good if not better because of this training on an empty stomach.
    I'm lifting at 5RM, which means very heavy weight, and it being a linear program, means that each training I add more weight to the bar. I need every gram of energy possible if I want to at least sustain it for a little while longer, without resorting to other measures, such as deloading etc, which will just slow down the progress earlier then it has to. Sometimes being fully fed doesn't help either, I could just imagine how it would feel in a fasted state - and that's not even counting the possible dizziness.

I'm not trying to say that you're wrong - if it works for you, then that's excellent. It just wouldn't for me, as my focus is pure strength, and nothing else.

What's your training/exercise regimen like?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 18:48 PM
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 121x in 92 Posts
    Netherlands
    liking this topic. here's mine.

I get up 45 mins before the waifu who’s preggers, and proceed to the toilet where i'll unleash about half a liter of nocturnally produced yellow liquid and a not so gentlemen's fart (or two). I then proceed to the kitchen and prepair the usual breakfast consiting of two boiled eggs, and what I call a "popeye smoothie". (Blend 250 grams of spinach half an avocado, a big banana and 500 ml of either freshly squeezed orange or cloudy apple israelites (thats an innocent joke @ insert moderator here, no offence intended). All this buttnaked I might add since that’s probably a detail you wanted to know and will now be stuck in your mind till the day you die. You’re welcome.

The evening-before-meal or part thereof I put in a lunchbox along with 1 boiled egg and an apple or so. Half of the before mentioned epic cocktail is poured in a doppio for the misses. All this for later consumption (she hates office kitchen food and I don't blame her) the rest of the nutriens are consumed by me on the spot.

I usually do about 10 mins of whatever exersize, usually burpies, spider craws or push/pull/sit-ups before making my way to the shower, where I have my 10 minutes of zen meditation moment and a proper teeth scrub.

The second half of me by now has crawled out of bed getting washed/dressed and since I’m twice as fast and efficient at that I catch up on her with that midway, leaving time to back both bags before proceeding to the car, where I drive, and she has breakfast and a last minute powernap. After dropping her of at her work I drive to mine, which is only about 10 mins away where I power up my station, take 2 staircases to the cantine, where, at the sight of a glorious morning view of the Maas river, I consume a fresh cup of shut the fuck up from the only good espresso machine in half a mile radius.

let the day begin.

alternative to this is waking up 3 hours before my wife and going to the toilet, putting on my wetsuit and driving the night-before-packed-car to my backyard where I have one, one and a half hour of (wave)surfing before making my way back. The shower/kitchen scenario have been swapped in this. Its also only possible during the mids of the summer for visibility reasons.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jetflag For This Useful Post:

BladeRunner_ (01-20-2020), Gagi (01-20-2020), Halon (01-20-2020)

Last Online
    02-16-2020 @ 17:34 PM
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,837x in 1,385 Posts
    Norway
    Morning routine? Take a piss, have a cup of coffee then take a shit
    Old Skool Trance FTW!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Halon For This Useful Post:

Gagi (01-20-2020)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    Quote Originally Posted by jetflag View Post
    I then proceed to the kitchen and prepair the usual breakfast consiting of two boiled eggs, and what I call a "popeye smoothie". (Blend 250 grams of spinach half an avocado, a big banana and 500 ml of either freshly squeezed orange or cloudy apple israelites
    What's the color of your poo? Must be greenish.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

Halon (01-20-2020), jetflag (01-21-2020)

Last Online
    02-16-2020 @ 17:34 PM
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,837x in 1,385 Posts
    Norway
    Green poo - jetlag has been exposed to gamma rays, which means. . He's the Hulk!
    Old Skool Trance FTW!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Halon For This Useful Post:

jetflag (01-21-2020)

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 18:48 PM
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 121x in 92 Posts
    Netherlands
    I do love to smash.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jetflag For This Useful Post:

Halon (01-21-2020), Katadunkass (02-05-2020)

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:23 AM
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 855x in 594 Posts
    Mexico
    I'm in my last semester in college living on-campus.

Mondays/Wednesdays:

Wake up at ~8:30-9 AM, shower, head to dining hall to grab breakfast (usually eggs + coffee with milk and a biscuit), then bike to lab to do research. So far I've pretty much only read research publications to build background knowledge for the project I'll work on this semester. Then, head to lunch at 12 PM and go on with the rest of my day.

Tuesdays/Thursdays:
    Wake up at around the same time but shower/eat faster because I have a class at 9:25 A.M. (inorganic chemistry). Luckily it's only a 7 min bike ride from my dorm. After class ends, I head to my next morning class (chemical engineering design) which starts at 10:50 A.M.

Fridays:
    They're my day off! The only thing I have is group meeting in the afternoon. This week I'll be traveling home to go to a cousin's wedding, though.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Fredjan For This Useful Post:

Gagi (01-30-2020)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    You don't poop?

Just kidding though, nice and uncomplicated schedule.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagi For This Useful Post:

Fredjan (01-31-2020)

Last Online
    02-18-2020 @ 21:30 PM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Thanked 4x in 3 Posts
    Tibet
    Depends what shift I am on at work (either ~5:30am or between 1-3pm start). When doing early start just a quick teeth brushing then I grab my smoothie (made from green veggies, fruits and ginger, turmeric roots) from the fri dge and off to work. When doing late start it is usually teeth brushing then have a coffee. After coffee there is at least 45m of meditation (on early starts meditation is done after work). After that I have my smoothie and off to gym and straight to work from there. I don’t eat before 11-12 really so have a bit more time in the morning for other things. I may have forgotten some stuff, but basically this is how it looks like most of my mornings.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Ent For This Useful Post:

Gagi (02-04-2020)

Last Online
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Serbia
    45+ minute long meditation? Nice!